Jump to content

HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, this is my anniversary weekend (married 18 years) and we had Red Lobster via delivery.  It was awesome

MOD NOTE:  Good news!  @jvill 51 has agreed to substitute for Nolder.  I'll reopen at 5 pm as he catches up to speed as I just sent him his PM Thanks, JV!!!!  

Official Crush-Mod Note:   Under no circumstance is anyone here playing two different accounts in one game. I know who ever single player is under every single name. So relax and enjoy the g

Posted Images

I’ve watched the movie once or twice but unfortunately don’t have HBO so probably won’t be able to watch the series.

Biggest question is whether the wannabe Klansmen and whatever Illuminati group that backs them are on the same side, or opposing factions, since they both want to steal Doctor Blue Dong’s power 

The TPD & Feds obviously make up the Town

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Vote Count:

DPR (4) - CTM, Stark, Hess, Nolder

Dandie (1) - Pac

CTM (5) - Smash, AJ, 80, JC, Drums

Nolder (1) - Crusher

Crusher (1) - Arsis

Dice (1) - Nyn

Nyn (1) - Dice

Hess (1) - Barry

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drums said:

No but some of the photos in the beginning look like the movie, based on the graphic novel. 

The movie/comic are 34 years before the TV series. Those photos in the beginning were from the movie, which is the backstory for the TV and this game

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Has anyone actually watched this series?

Nope for me

 

32 minutes ago, Drums said:

No but some of the photos in the beginning look like the movie, based on the graphic novel. 

Saw the movie, knew it was based on the graphic novel. 

 

22 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I’ve watched the movie once or twice but unfortunately don’t have HBO so probably won’t be able to watch the series.

Biggest question is whether the wannabe Klansmen and whatever Illuminati group that backs them are on the same side, or opposing factions, since they both want to steal Doctor Blue Dong’s power 

The TPD & Feds obviously make up the Town

So you're saying this is a conversion game?

 

14 minutes ago, SMC said:

The movie/comic are 34 years before the TV series. Those photos in the beginning were from the movie, which is the backstory for the TV and this game

Here's the wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(TV_series)

It talks about the plot of the show and the cast list so we can figure out who's who. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sarah Michelle Gellar was one my first 2 celebrity crushes.  The other was Jennifer Love Hewitt.

my god! you are such a baby!! 

I see you two cutsie little 90s teen dreams and raise you

Michelle Pfieffer 

Michelle Pfeiffer | Best of the 80s

Kim Basinger

Who is Kim Basinger dating? Kim Basinger boyfriend, husband

Kelly Le Brock

My 80s fantasy - Kelly LeBrock : pics

and Elle Macherson

image.jpeg.71f8ad39b5b5170bfd8b2d905cb23946.jpeg

 

unvote

Vote80 for ignoring my question and because of his crappy crush taste   time for the baby to go beddy byes

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DPR said:

So you're saying this is a conversion game?

God no. The OP says something about how the Kalvary is helped by some other nefarious group who also wants to steal Doctor Manhattan’s powers for what I assume is their own agenda

so the question is whether the scum is a blend of those two groups (like how Town is the TPD + Feds) or if this is a multi ball game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A.J. said:

God no. The OP says something about how the Kalvary is helped by some other nefarious group who also wants to steal Doctor Manhattan’s powers for what I assume is their own agenda

so the question is whether the scum is a blend of those two groups or if this is a multi ball game

I was kidding lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Vote Count:

DPR (3) - CTM, Stark, Hess

Dandie (1) - Pac

CTM (5) - Smash, AJ, 80, JC, Drums

Nolder (1) - Crusher

Crusher (1) - Arsis

Dice (1) - Nyn

Hess (1) - Barry

80 (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Nolder

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

whats with the smiley face in the player list?

lol is this the question you were referring to?  Sometimes when you put a number and an ellipses it creates emojis.

8 )  =  😎 without the space after the 8, for instance.

It wasn't in the 1st post of the game thread anymore so I assumed SMC fixed it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol is this the question you were referring to?  Sometimes when you put a number and an ellipses it creates emojis.

8 )  =  😎 without the space after the 8, for instance.

It wasn't in the 1st post of the game thread anymore so I assumed SMC fixed it.  

all you did is quote it tho so i would think that it wouldnt change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SMC said:

Poster.thumb.jpg.4aca6b37f9898cf2130ddecabae41482.jpg

It is 34 years since the destruction of New York City by an alien invasion....Squid.jpg.c0b6eb87e6f5fc75c9f7b219a6f3ed74.jpg 

 Of the Watchmen, Doctor Manhattan...

490950269_DrManhattan.jpg.425c2124d943ccac7b058f61d61c1998.jpg 

 is missing, with rumors that he hides amongst us.  Adrian Veidt

 Adrian_Veidt.jpg.9580ac2b6dcc1bade797a70544e1fae6.jpg

has disappeared as well. Only Silk Spectre,

 Silk_Spectre.jpg.c2f5aaf8b4b6662c0b87185441e85f49.jpg

has remained active, but she has retired the leather and latex for an agent pantsuit of the FBI...

Vigilantes remain outlawed, but many have allied themselves with local police departments. Indeed, many in law enforcement have assumed vigilante guises to protect themselves from a new brand of criminal. One such police force is the Tulsa Police Department (TPD) in Tulsa Oklahoma.

 19-Police.jpg.17fdac81b24c436cde1419d8e8c69f39.jpg

The people of Tulsa have long been victimized by a domestic-terrorist group, the Seventh Kavalry

 1671078386_04-SeventhKavalry.jpg.ca19d2ecab8ddbb8e8c49e5b441281eb.jpg

who are now inspired by the late vigilante Rorschach’s writings and masked image.

 President Robert Redford

 1737143928_11-RobertRedford.jpg.45d3d47a59e3a2f92712cf38d9b0c130.jpg

has sent in the FBI to assist the TPD to finally take down the Seventh Kavalry.

Of greater peril, the Seventh Kavalry are aided by powerful people and have devised a devious plan of finding Doctor Manhattan, stealing his powers, and destroying the innocent people of Tulsa. If this happens, nothing will stand in their way to total domination.

But the Seventh Kavalry are not alone in such a dastardly grab for unlimited power.

The TPD and their allies must, by majority vote, arrest anyone they believe is an enemy of the City of Tulsa. They will be victorious when all the threats to the City are vanquished.

The 19 players are:

1) Jetsfan80

2) A.J.

3) Jetscode1

4) Barry McCockinner

5) Pac

6) AVM

7) HessStation

😎 Dicetosser

9) Arsis

10) DPR

11) JiF

12) CTM

13) Dandie Andie Doodle

14) Drums

15) Nynaeve

16) Stark

17) The Crusher

18) Nolder

19) Smashmouth

 

Reveal on names and roles are permitted (fake ones too), but do so at your own risk, and only two (2) reveals are permitted per day phase.

Role PMs are going out now…

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMC said:

BTW, this is my anniversary weekend (married 18 years) and we had Red Lobster via delivery.  It was awesome

You should have called me - I might have been able to hook you up!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMC said:

The movie/comic are 34 years before the TV series. Those photos in the beginning were from the movie, which is the backstory for the TV and this game

I’ve read the entire comic in book form about 7-8 years ago. Saw the movie too. I loved the comic and loved how well the movie portrayed the comic....yet at the same time was soooo bored watching the movie

 

havent watched the new show yet

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, but I think SMC fixed it after the fact.  The sunglasses emoji was there originally when I quoted it.

This is correct.  JN has a weird autocorrect of making 8 ) into 😎

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

DPR (4) - CTM, Stark, Hess, Nolder

Dandie (1) - Pac

CTM (5) - Smash, AJ, 80, JC, Drums

Nolder (1) - Crusher

Crusher (1) - Arsis

Dice (1) - Nyn

Nyn (1) - Dice

Hess (1) - Barry

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to lynch

Damn the anti Hippie Pirate sentiment is strong with this crowd. 
 

@Dandie Andie Doodle The floor is yours.. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...