HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Since the game started people have commented several times on my reactions being overboard.

I'll clue you in on a little secret.... I'm a GIRL. Just because you guys have the emotional maturity of a tea spoon doesn't mean I'm like that. I get emotional when I care and things don't go my way. 

So if you want to lynch me cause I have a vagina, go ahead. But you better be lynching JiF right after me for the very same reason.

I would never lynch you for being emotional. I'm all about that action.

My vagina is a generational talent. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

This isn't the movie it's based on the show...  I'm 5 episodes in and have yet to see this referenced.  I'll reserve judgement but it could be clever googling gone ary as the movie was looked at instead of the show.. 

Why would SMC risk putting a game together that can be ended on day 1..  this sounds HIGHLY suspect.

This.  There are clearly multiple factions/multiple shots/a bomb but game would have ended if JC picked Stark today?  Nah.  He's lying.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I would greatly appreciate it if you would have the honor of my hammer but I know how you like to talk a big game then take a cowardly stroll when that moment is near.

200.gif

so close to a moment of greatness

• Upvote 1

I think it was 80 that was exonerating DPR for that move saying "scum wouldn't risk it" but I don't think that's necessarily true.  We haven't seen a bomb in a while and scum DPR could have simply called his bluff in hopes it would make him look like a super townie if a bomb went off and he remained alive.

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think it was 80 that was exonerating DPR for that move saying "scum wouldn't risk it" but I don't think that's necessarily true.  We haven't seen a bomb in a while and scum DPR could have simply called his bluff in hopes it would make him look like a super townie if a bomb went off and he remained alive.

Stop thinking, you suck at it. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Then leave.  You can ask the mod for a sub.  Happens all the time.  First game we played this year, there were like 10 subs.

GFY

I'm down whenever you want to crack this game open. This is like a DM thumb twiddling contest, but with the added detriment of Pac playing. ******* goon face.

• Haha 1

DAY 2 BEGINS …

A new day has dawned in Tulsa and the TPD have been hard at work through the night searching desperately for the Seventh Kalvary.

1461388739_TulsaPDSNLG.jpg.5aa3637239107c30f3ce9a73d7098092.jpg

They interviewed people, roughed up a few to get information. The strangest one was that someone dressed up like the famed Hooded Justice went straight at a dude with a bevy of haymakers that would surely kill a man, but nothing happened. The would-be victim simply walked away into the shadows. Of course, this couldn’t be the real Hooded Justice, a founder of the first super hero team, The Minute Men, who disappeared decades ago. He’d be an old man by now. Perhaps this masked vigilante was inspired by hit documentary American Hero Story.

The police got another tip of a dead body in a warehouse. Sister Night, Looking Glass and the other police officers went to take a look. Perhaps it was the individual who had been attacked by the Hooded Justice imposter.

But as they approached, the police were filled with dread. They had already lost one of their colleagues, The Red Scare. It wasn’t one of their own, but someone working with them. He wore a giant old-time wrestler costume, which was now tossed about and a smaller man laid on the ground. 

There were footsteps all around the dead body and as they followed them it appeared that the dead man had been walking after someone, looking for where his target was going, but that search was ended by a bullet to the head.

The Crusher, Agent Petey (Town Watcher) is dead.

1381587638_17-AgentPetey.jpg.1f2445c0ba81c4d7671586a72a14c8d4.jpg

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

DAY 2 BEGINS …

A new day has dawned in Tulsa and the TPD have been hard at work through the night searching desperately for the Seventh Kalvary.

They interviewed people, roughed up a few to get information. The strangest one was that someone dressed up like the famed Hooded Justice went straight at a dude with a bevy of haymakers that would surely kill a man, but nothing happened. The would-be victim simply walked away into the shadows. Of course, this couldn’t be the real Hooded Justice, a founder of the first super hero team, The Minute Men, who disappeared decades ago. He’d be an old man by now. Perhaps this masked vigilante was inspired by hit documentary American Hero Story.

The police got another tip of a dead body in a warehouse. Sister Night, Looking Glass and the other police officers went to take a look. Perhaps it was the individual who had been attacked by the Hooded Justice imposter.

But as they approached, the police were filled with dread. They had already lost one of their colleagues, The Red Scare. It wasn’t one of their own, but someone working with them. He wore a giant old-time wrestler costume, which was now tossed about and a smaller man laid on the ground. 

There were footsteps all around the dead body and as they followed them it appeared that the dead man had been walking after someone, looking for where his target was going, but that search was ended by a bullet to the head.

Tough being this good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 3

The 19 players are:

1) Jetsfan80

2) A.J.

3) Jetscode1 - Red Scare (Town Bomb): Dead D1

4) Barry McCockinner

5) Pac

6) AVM

7) HessStation

8) Dicetosser

9) Arsis

10) DPR

11) JiF

12) CTM

13) Dandie Andie Doodle

14) Drums

15) Nynaeve

16) Stark

17) The Crusher - Agent Petey (Town Watcher): Killed N1

18) Nolder

19) Smashmouth

2 hours ago, Pac said:

That was me but fair point. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

This.  There are clearly multiple factions/multiple shots/a bomb but game would have ended if JC picked Stark today?  Nah.  He's lying.  

Made the same point, was told it fits with content by DPR I think 

Hard to buy, not lynching him at DL was right call but it should be discussed. 

I looked at the Wiki a bit during Night and the guy Stark claimed is the main lady’s (Sister Night) husband. I didn’t read the synopsis for each episode that was available but just based on that alone I would lean them being a good guy?

not knowing the canon is difficult though

On 4/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, SMC said:
Of greater peril, the Seventh Kavalry are aided by powerful people and have devised a devious plan of finding Doctor Manhattan, stealing his powers, and destroying the innocent people of Tulsa. If this happens, nothing will stand in their way to total domination.

But the Seventh Kavalry are not alone in such a dastardly grab for unlimited power.

Just checked the opening scene to see what SMC said about Doctor Manhattan. It does seem that, using words like “domination” and “unlimited power” (which match what we know about Dr Manhattan from the show/movie), that Town is f**cked without Dr Manhattan. Not sure how his death = straight up game over though.

@Stark what else can you tell us about your role?

Ok, crazy stuff. I skimmed through some of what I missed. I'm going to try to start fresh here on D2. Probably wont be much use but whatever. At this point I'm just trying to do right by SMC and put in some minimum amount of participation. Not that anyone cares but I think a perfect storm of 3 things are really pushing me away from this game. For one I'm a little burnt out I probably should have just sat out a game regardless of anything. Second like I mentioned I'm really into that Subnautica game right now and any time I'm here reading or typing I honestly just want to be swimming around with alien fish. Lastly I don't know the source material so it doesn't really excite me in any way. Anyway blahblahblah excuses excuses. Gonna try to do more from this point on is all I'm saying.

22 hours ago, JiF said:

Wasnt this dude complaining about how all JN does is vote based on meta?  And he's trying to piece together if Arsis played at DM as the crux of his case against him?  

no i thought i spotted a lie in a post. Had nothing to do with meta

19 hours ago, Arsis said:

I mean. I'll answer if I ever played on dm if you tell me how it's relevant to this game?

and yet you never bothered to end the argument you just let AJ get run up and played the confused hillbilly

19 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

He says AJ acted like he doesn't know you.

actually aj SAID he didnt know him

12 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Since the game started people have commented several times on my reactions being overboard.

I'll clue you in on a little secret.... I'm a GIRL. Just because you guys have the emotional maturity of a tea spoon doesn't mean I'm like that. I get emotional when I care and things don't go my way. 

So if you want to lynch me cause I have a vagina, go ahead. But you better be lynching JiF right after me for the very same reason.

Careful Nyn   you know how powerful that phrase is lol   

Vote Arsis

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok, crazy stuff. I skimmed through some of what I missed. I'm going to try to start fresh here on D2. Probably wont be much use but whatever. At this point I'm just trying to do right by SMC and put in some minimum amount of participation. Not that anyone cares but I think a perfect storm of 3 things are really pushing me away from this game. For one I'm a little burnt out I probably should have just sat out a game regardless of anything. Second like I mentioned I'm really into that Subnautica game right now and any time I'm here reading or typing I honestly just want to be swimming around with alien fish. Lastly I don't know the source material so it doesn't really excite me in any way. Anyway blahblahblah excuses excuses. Gonna try to do more from this point on is all I'm saying.

Thanks darling.  I look forward to your rejuvenated efforts. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Tough being this good. 

Dude, you were on fire this game.  Best D1 you've played in a long time.  Pac sucks at this game.  You were so clearly town and a monster threat to the bad guys.  

Did you like the little show I put on for you. "For Muffin tops eyes only" - brought to you by Boopsie. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Made the same point, was told it fits with content by DPR I think 

Hard to buy, not lynching him at DL was right call but it should be discussed. 

Yeah, he wasnt the lynch yesterday but now I want to lynch him.  If we're wrong?  So what.  It's stupid mechanic and SMC can just run it back and fix that part of the set up. lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SMC said:

DAY 2 BEGINS …

The second paragraph seems like a seperate event than what happened after with Crusher.