HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yeah, he wasnt the lynch yesterday but now I want to lynch him.  If we're wrong?  So what.  It's stupid mechanic and SMC can just run it back and fix that part of the set up. lol

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Vote Stark

lets call his bluff

My guess is if he's telling the truth, there's a mechanic that makes a lynch fail or something.  Similar to when @HessStation was Jaws in DPR's game.  He had to eat a bomb in order to die.  I think Jaws was a 3rd party role too.

I'll wait to hear more from Stark but definitely willing to go there and test his claim today.  

18 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The second paragraph seems like a seperate event than what happened after with Crusher.

Hmmm, I saw it as the first paragraph was some avoiding a kill ie; some type of protection.  The rest of it seemed to be Crushers death scene. 

Cant tell if you're either just off your game or gross.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is if he's telling the truth, there's a mechanic that makes a lynch fail or something.  Similar to when @HessStation was Jaws in DPR's game.  He had to eat a bomb in order to die.  I think Jaws was a 3rd party role too.

I'll wait to hear more from Stark but definitely willing to go there and test his claim today.  

What's the worst that can happen?  The game ends, saving us all time and energy frustrating SMC for putting the work together but making a silly mechanic and then we run it back but fixed this time.  Almost like a trial run.

Lets do this sh*t like G.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hmmm, I saw it as the first paragraph was some avoiding a kill ie; some type of protection.  The rest of it seemed to be Crushers death scene. 

Cant tell if you're either just off your game or gross.  

How about you gfy and then let me know

2 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

no i thought i spotted a lie in a post. Had nothing to do with meta

and yet you never bothered to end the argument you just let AJ get run up and played the confused hillbilly

actually aj SAID he didnt know him

Careful Nyn   you know how powerful that phrase is lol   

Vote Arsis

You're an idiot and it wasn't relevant oh and I answered like 10 minutes later. How is me playing on dm 5-10 years relevant? You genuinely believe aj can remember everyone who ever played on that site?

Why do you vote in red are you a melodramatic teenager as well as being retarded.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JiF said:

AJ vs. JC is solid competition.

Everyone voting solo on player is an ass bag.   Everyone voting in pairs are dickwads. 

You say anyone voting in pairs is a dickwad. In another post you compliment Barry’s idea of two competing trains. 

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Unvote 

Vote Drums

got a 2;30 tee time. 

Out till later.  

But oddly enough, with Stark vs. JC at deadline, why do you vote me and leave? I only had AJ on my train. Crusher actually called you out on this, among others, but I didn’t see what you said. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, Arsis said:

Legit question. What straw man stuff? I always want to learn and grow as a player.

Was this a joke? You seem to say it was hyperbole but you write “legit question” so I would like to know. 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

What's the worst that can happen?  The game ends, saving us all time and energy frustrating SMC for putting the work together but making a silly mechanic and then we run it back but fixed this time.  Almost like a trial run.

Wait then why wouldn’t you have just voted him yesterday? Seems fake but ok. 

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

saving us all time and energy? You act like someone forces you to play. You think Stark is lying because the role doesn't make sense? It does seem crazy but if he was making up a role why would he add in things that people would find unbelievable? Stark is a smart player, obviously.

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

You say anyone voting in pairs is a dickwad. In another post you compliment Barry’s idea of two competing trains. 

But oddly enough, with Stark vs. JC at deadline, why do you vote me and leave? I only had AJ on my train. Crusher actually called you out on this, among others, but I didn’t see what you said. 

Voting in pairs = 2 people voting someone irrelevant.  Same as 1 person voting some irrelevant.  Competing trains is the exact opposite of that nonsense.  Keep up.

I voted you because I think you're scum and wasnt going to be around at deadline and didnt look at the VC to consolidate and at that point.  I thought you had more votes on you than you did but this is a good call out for a scumbot.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Voting in pairs = 2 people voting someone irrelevant.  Same as 1 person voting some irrelevant.  Competing trains is the exact opposite of that nonsense.  Keep up.

I voted you because I think you're scum and wasnt going to be around at deadline and didnt look at the VC to consolidate and at that point.  I thought you had more votes on you than you did but this is a good call out for a scumbot.

Wait so you voted someone irrelevant at the time (me) and voting trains is the exact opposite. You see what I am getting at here?

Then you admit to skimming AT DEADLINE. To be honest, SMC is killing it as mod and posts VCs pretty often. 

Nyn also called you out for cluttering up the board at DL. 

Then I would expect you to come out and vote me to start D2 but you’re pushing Stark. Ok. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

saving us all time and energy? You act like someone forces you to play. You think Stark is lying because the role doesn't make sense? It does seem crazy but if he was making up a role why would he add in things that people would find unbelievable? Stark is a smart player, obviously.

I'm obviously being silly about the time and energy stuff but I dont believe Stark.  People say unbelievable sh*t all the time for fake reveals.  The stupid Ape for like 5 years would fake reveal a vest everytime he was forced to reveal.  Remember Smash's terrible reveal on the first game you played? 

It's common, I'm just the best ever at calling the bluff.

Vote Stark

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Wait so you voted someone irrelevant at the time (me) and voting trains is the exact opposite. You see what I am getting at here?

Then you admit to skimming AT DEADLINE. To be honest, SMC is killing it as mod and posts VCs pretty often. 

Nyn also called you out for cluttering up the board at DL. 

Then I would expect you to come out and vote me to start D2 but you’re pushing Stark. Ok. 

Huh?  You're reaching and spinning, guess who does that???

On 4/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, Nolder said:

Hey guys. I'm checking in and then checking out. Got some stuff to do tonight but I'll be around tomorrow so I'll catch up on whatever when I wake up. Gonna try to do notes again this game since I think it helps me focus more even if I end up being wrong about things. Also I haven't seen this show and only have the vaguest idea what its about, anyone else in that camp or have you all seen it?

I made a post so close to this when I was scum. I’m getting the same vibe from you. 

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

OK, I'm down.  But I do hope we get a lot of people talking about this.  We need to make the most of today.  If Stark is lying scum he made that fake claim with a purpose in mind.  Based on what we know about the show/movie and what SMC said in the opening scene, Doctor Manhattan is going to play an enormous role in this game.  

Vote Stark

I looked into Crusher's posts some to see if he had a read list. Not so much. He was mostly fosing pac a lot. And some sprinkles in JC and AJ. Maybe saw something about Smash. Might have been a pure fear kill or PR hunting.

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

Was this a joke? You seem to say it was hyperbole but you write “legit question” so I would like to know. 

I'm sorry, I must have slept in the wrong side of the bed.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to ask.

Was me asking what strawman argument I was using a joke? Yes, it was. The person used the wrong logical fallacy. A strawman is when you misrepresent someone's argument and reframe it so you can more easily attack the new fake position. He was calling me out for saying that people were on scumteam together which, to me, is an obvious exaggeration

Also again, writing legit question and then joking around is a form of dramatic irony. I used opposite language for humorous or emphatic effect.

Is the problem that you're an idiot? Or that I'm an idiot?