HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, CTM said:

i got ahold of some poor chat person at bb, this was my response to how can they help me. Trying to spend 10k there and they are making it impossible.  Also, the only reason I went with them is they said they could deliver by saturday, but their scheduler is down so that's probably BS. Who needs a fridge amyway.

Is the ape dead yet?

i applied for the card to get the 10% back in points, it added it to my BB account so I can use it immediately
but it didn't add the expiration so the site won't let me use it
also, it only shows the last 4 digits of the card, not the full card
when i try and log onto my online account at the bank, it asks me for my full cc# and expiration # to verify my account
which I don't have
the help slider is also grayed out, so I can't access help. I guess because my card isn't verified, which is what I need help with to being with
so i google for a phone #, when I call it says high call volume, use the automated system
the system asks for my cc # to proceed. I do not have
then, it lets me enter my SS # to look up, which I do, but it makes this calculating sound effect
and then asks me again for my SS#. 
No error message, just asks me again over and over and over
anything else I do winds up with a messaging saying it can't proceed without my CC# and i get disconnected

Did DPR share his acid? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

Walk me through this 

1. JiF is saying Scum needs to find Dr.M and steal his powers. Which is weird, how’s he know that or think it?

2. Stark reveals....JiF questioning the reveal. TBF, I wasn’t completely on board w it either. 
3. but if JiF seemed to understand this the whole time why would he question this reveal as it would make sense if that’s scum’s objective 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh great, another sh*t-show.

Arsis, apologize to Dice for calling him a retard with aspergers.  

@Dicetosser, apologize to Arsis for wrongfully accusing him of cheating.

Shake hands, sack up and move on.  

I'm telling you, it's like nobody ever heard the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but I'll kick your ******* ass if you say it again"

jeez

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SMC said:

MOD NOTE: No one is being replaced. Please focus on the game and tone down the vitriol (except that directed at Pac).

Thank you

Are you amendable to us increasing vitriol directed at Pac?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because there's a lot more to it.  No way SMC would just have Doctor Manhattan be a player who can just get lynched and that's the ballgame.  If town he wouldn't reveal that he's the # 1 threat to scum without having tricks up his sleeve.  

If he's scum he's probably trying to out the real Doctor Manhattan.  

80 has made a few mentions about Stark's reveal, always holding out the possibility of a fake reveal. 

10 hours ago, AVM said:

Yes - and SMC already stated scenes have hints...so clearly another shot taken. I have a guess...but neither here nor there.

Interesting game to bring up, actually...

IIRC Hess had to chomp on a bomb to die and we all mass claimed early, so Hess knew who not to bite down on...which effectively brought the game to a stand still. I'm pretty sure to advance the game he eventually just ate a bomb intentionally...but maybe I'm making that up.

Regardless...not sure how it's relevant here other than to say pushing for more info has hurt in the past. I'd rather focus away from Stark today.

AVM steering away from talking about Stark's reveal

9 hours ago, AVM said:

This is a great point, though...

Not specific to Smash, but it tells me the scum team is probably "vet heavy" this game. Crush is a difficult lynch, as we talked about during this very game. 

It's kind of hard to explain, honestly...can't put my finger on it.

As for Stark, I think I said at some point yesterday that both he and AJ had oddly specific reveals to be fake. Would have to be given a safe reveal, or to a point I think you made....is being honest but is somehow a 3rd party player? That just didn't make sense me to theme-wise.

I haven't seen the show, but it fits with the story that I know. The fact that he's said he can pass it on and implied there is more to the role he doesn't want to share also contributes to me feeling pretty good about him...a complex set-up but absolutely doable. When you factor in that there have been at least two "deaths" that

Yes

Supporting the idea that Stark did not fake he reveal

8 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

The reveal does spoiler the show a bit, for those that haven’t seen it. Dr. M plays almost no role and is ‘missing’ for pretty much the whole season. He appears at the end and does transfer his power, or so we’re led to believe. Really though, he dies and we’re left with a Sopranos ending. It’s great. Anyway, I think Starknis boxed in on the reveal, don’t see any reason to press him for more - or to ‘call his bluff’. The pragmatic approach is let it ride, let more info emerge, and then deal with it. Farting around with Stark diverts from hunting scum, more so if he’s town.

The bold seems contrived. We need to make the most out of every day, that’s when the ball is in towns court. Very fake post. Wagoning too.

Jif is putting on an exposition. So much so it’s feeling like he’s impersonating his usual arrogant/ignorant townie meta. The last thing I’d do as town is follow him, right now. His push on stark is only a good town play if he’s using it to trap scum ... looking at 80.

vote 80

Dandie is also supporting the reveal as most likely true and steering everyone away from it. 

He also votes 80, which is a nice distancing move should one or the other get lynched.

He mention JiF as well, who has steadfastly insisted that the reveal is fake, so he's my #4 for scum

Official Vote Count:

JIF (3) - AVM, Hess, Nyn

Smash (1) - Pac

80 (1) - Barry

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - 80

Dice (1) - Arsis

Jvill 51 (1) - Stark

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest

8 minutes ago, DPR said:

80 has made a few mentions about Stark's reveal, always holding out the possibility of a fake reveal. 

AVM steering away from talking about Stark's reveal

Supporting the idea that Stark did not fake he reveal

Dandie is also supporting the reveal as most likely true and steering everyone away from it. 

He also votes 80, which is a nice distancing move should one or the other get lynched.

He mention JiF as well, who has steadfastly insisted that the reveal is fake, so he's my #4 for scum

So if a player has been vocal with his opinion on Stark's reveal, regardless of whether that opinion lean towards it being fake or real, that puts a player in your top 4, eh?

I think scum would prefer us to ignore Stark's reveal entirely, like it never happened.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Where does Stark fall in that trifecta since it seems you’re basing it off their respective stances on his claim?

Im not sure I follow 

It's quite simple, AJ.  If you think Stark might be lying, you're scum.  If you buy the claim, you're also scum.  

• Haha 1

Now, you have to put all of that in context:

The OP clearly defines the possibility of 4 factions - the Tulsa PD, the FBI, the Seventh Kavalry and the unknown “powerful group”

it could boil down to 2 sides facing off, or it could be a more complex setup (SMC...) but I think it’s a good bet that Dr. Manhattan is the key to the game. 

Which brings us Back to Stark’s reveal and the spread of 89, AVM, Dandie or maybe JiF all making a point to say:

It might be fake... 

It’s real... don’t talk about it

it’s fake... how can you not see that

It would be a GoBig Or Go Home play - all hinging in Stark’s reveal 

4 hours ago, DPR said:

IKR

Who are your top 3 fer scum? 

Was Nolder, Hess, Drums.  when you asked
now with Jville in and active I’m going to see how he plays it. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

No swear to god. Barry is like my long lost brother separated at birth. @Barry McCockinner can probably confirm this. Never voted him on purpose. Til now. Wow now I’m depressed 

Wait did you have a beer with @Barry McCockinner lol @AVM

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's a mess right now.  40 on the front.  47 on the back today. 

still haven’t broken 80. Eh. 

Me either and probably never

—————

Still probably keep Hess and drums in as of now. Until smash came in today almost forgot he was playing and him and Hess didn’t feel staged... NIA I know. 

UNVOTE

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

The reveal does spoiler the show a bit, for those that haven’t seen it. Dr. M plays almost no role and is ‘missing’ for pretty much the whole season. He appears at the end and does transfer his power, or so we’re led to believe. Really though, he dies and we’re left with a Sopranos ending. It’s great.

What a douche. "The reveal spoils the show a bit" let me spoil it completely now

Up to page 65 on reread:

80s posts around stark ping, supporting it but voting him and undermining and questioning it at same time. Feels manufactured, like he wants to see the lynch through but wants to portray himself as conflicted. Jifs comes off more natural 

Drums making good points on nolder, agree completely, feel better about drums and worse about nolder 

Hess isnt making sense, saying nyn and drums pinged yesterday but today no, when questioned why he didnt really have an answer atleast not one he was confident in.  After actually catching him last game  I'm not going to turn a blind eye  and write it off as hess being hess no mo

Arsis seems townish in his votes and approach 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Now, you have to put all of that in context:

The OP clearly defines the possibility of 4 factions - the Tulsa PD, the FBI, the Seventh Kavalry and the unknown “powerful group”

it could boil down to 2 sides facing off, or it could be a more complex setup (SMC...) but I think it’s a good bet that Dr. Manhattan is the key to the game. 

Which brings us Back to Stark’s reveal and the spread of 89, AVM, Dandie or maybe JiF all making a point to say:

It might be fake... 

It’s real... don’t talk about it

it’s fake... how can you not see that

It would be a GoBig Or Go Home play - all hinging in Stark’s reveal 

What. In. The. Living. ****.. I need to check my PM again

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

What a douche. "The reveal spoils the show a bit" let me spoil it completely now

Up to page 65 on reread:

80s posts around stark ping, supporting it but voting him and undermining and questioning it at same time. Feels manufactured, like he wants to see the lynch through but wants to portray himself as conflicted. Jifs comes off more natural 

Drums making good points on nolder, agree completely, feel better about drums and worse about nolder 

Hess isnt making sense, saying nyn and drums pinged yesterday but today no, when questioned why he didnt really have an answer atleast not one he was confident in.  After actually catching him last game  I'm not going to turn a blind eye  and write it off as hess being hess no mo

Arsis seems townish in his votes and approach 

Every time I start to worry I’m letting you get into my blind spot you make a good post. Don’t hurt me, k?

Keep an eye on Stark’s vote on Nolder - Stark pops in and lays it down with no other conversation or remark. He did this as the Nol train was picking up steam. 

it’s also good to Arsis, after dropping hints yesterday he had reason to believe Stark, jumped in a voted Nol right after Stark did. 

9 hours ago, Pac said:

This conundrum may not be as complex as it appears at first glance.  I recommend a measured approach with a minimal amount of fantastical promulgation.

Last nights activities suggest 2 separate anti-town killing factions.  The Kavalry and a heretofore unknown enemy.

As the game progresses it will become an elementary exercise of identifying curious/nefarious play - and eliminating the infractors in short order.

1 minute ago, DPR said:

Keep an eye on Stark’s vote on Nolder - Stark pops in and lays it down with no other conversation or remark. He did this as the Nol train was picking up steam. 

it’s also good to Arsis, after dropping hints yesterday he had reason to believe Stark, jumped in a voted Nol right after Stark did. 

You’re on some next level sh*t. I’ll just follow you into the darkness with my sword. 

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

You’re not contributing either, if we’re keeping track. Your posts are uncooperative rebuttals and observations on who is playing. The perfect cover to look like a participant, but add no value.

You talk loud as mother****er but aint saying sh*t. You've literally FOS'd the whole game.  Are you even voting anyone?

9 hours ago, Pac said:

I would expect a man with such limited faculties to resort to a display of nonsensical bravado.

The proverbial beating of ones chest  when presented with ideas out of their mental grasp.

Haha, this was  described almost exactly in the scene above..

I’ve been sitting on that news all day, watching to see what info could be gained. But I didn’t want to sit on it too long - the Dr. Manhattan character seems too important to risk by waiting longer.

• Upvote 2