Jump to content

HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!


SMC
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

And **** all of you, giving DPR congrats.  I was the one saying he's been scum all along.

This ******* game man...

I've been calling him Scum since the second he revealed.

unreal

Nice work, child.

Ive called him scum for days based on 1 post where he slipped up before his reveal.  That is because I am a genius you see.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

This may be the single most damning statement I've ever read about a restaurant. Don't put this on Yelp, Pac will never recover if Red Lobster shuts down.

I was going to tell you what I like on their menu but I’m not sure there is anything. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

k be sure to lmk, thanks.

@Nynaeve

 

16 players left. I think it's fair to say that scum choosing a big fake reveal on D1 implies a certain level of confidence on their part - they're either excited about the power roles they have, or who they are, or both. As always, these are my reads, so it's probably worth flipping them and looking at them upside down just for perspective LOL

I've laid out my observations about:

1. 80 - imo he oversold his soft-served the "it could be fake, but maybe its real" pitch. Then he jumped on Stark without even questioning how I knew...

2. AVM - imo his gently pushing the conversation away form Stark was really bad. 

3. Dandie - I don't enjoy the "guess who I am" schtick. He's been wrong on everything he's bothered to post about and he's preoccupied with JiF and me. His post about Stark was more blatant about not discussing it and he also tied it into Arsis and JiF. If I live, this is who i will vote for tomorrow barring any big new info. 

Do these guys seem like they'd try to pull off a big D1 fake reveal? 

****

4. Arsis - I can see argument for and against his slot. I'm good to focus on the above 3 before turning in this direction.

5. JiF - BatBowie is such a ******* distraction that he makes it impossible to narrow down a tight read. His style was the same last game and he was town. But his over-the-top attempts to clear himself could get a summer to end game. Again, I'm not focused here, but he's in the corner of my eye. 

***

6. Barry - I go back and forth here. He still pings me as trying to manipulate his emotional response to the game while providing very little substance. I'm watching him closely.  

7. AJ - The other reveal. He hasn't been analyzed much because of Stark's reveal. Deputy Cop is a great role for scum to reveal because there is no way to vet him until the Cop dies. We can't know who the NK attempt on N1 was, so that's null. As always, he's putting in the work and his reads are still town oriented imo. I also did appreciate his frustration with the general state of ****ery in this game. I do think D3 will be his time to shine  - he's more than capable of putting forward valuable reads for the town, so we'll see.

8. Nyn - Being the "beautiful but deadly" player that she is, I have to put her in the same category as AJ: froths point on she has enough info to start putting forth valuable reads for the town. 

9. Hess - A little too much "follow you into the darkness with my sword" *lolgulplol* and a little too little on the contribution side. But he doesn't ping me like Barry does (which is probably a worse sign lol). Watching him closely.

10. CTM - The more he posts, the more I find myself watching others and less concerned with his slot. Truth told i've never read him well, so there's that. 

11. Pac - Pac is obviously in his own little world. He'll define his slot on D3 by either joining in or not. 

12. Drums - I can dig the effort he's putting in. He doesn't seem to have an agenda. He'll become more clear on D3 as well. 

13. Jvill - Took over for Nolder. Hasn't had a chance to do much yet. I did not like the Nolder account, but non-activity is a null tell there. We'll see. 

14. Dice - I have him as town. If he fakeraged, good for him, but I don't have him as scum. 

15. Smash - He needs to post more, but he always needs to post more. He's been pretty calm so far, so there's that. if he starts to get edgy at people picking at him, that could change things.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DPR said:

@Nynaeve

 

16 players left. I think it's fair to say that scum choosing a big fake reveal on D1 implies a certain level of confidence on their part - they're either excited about the power roles they have, or who they are, or both. As always, these are my reads, so it's probably worth flipping them and looking at them upside down just for perspective LOL

I've laid out my observations about:

1. 80 - imo he oversold his soft-served the "it could be fake, but maybe its real" pitch. Then he jumped on Stark without even questioning how I knew...

2. AVM - imo his gently pushing the conversation away form Stark was really bad. 

3. Dandie - I don't enjoy the "guess who I am" schtick. He's been wrong on everything he's bothered to post about and he's preoccupied with JiF and me. His post about Stark was more blatant about not discussing it and he also tied it into Arsis and JiF. If I live, this is who i will vote for tomorrow barring any big new info. 

Do these guys seem like they'd try to pull off a big D1 fake reveal? 

****

4. Arsis - I can see argument for and against his slot. I'm good to focus on the above 3 before turning in this direction.

5. JiF - BatBowie is such a ******* distraction that he makes it impossible to narrow down a tight read. His style was the same last game and he was town. But his over-the-top attempts to clear himself could get a summer to end game. Again, I'm not focused here, but he's in the corner of my eye. 

***

6. Barry - I go back and forth here. He still pings me as trying to manipulate his emotional response to the game while providing very little substance. I'm watching him closely.  

7. AJ - The other reveal. He hasn't been analyzed much because of Stark's reveal. Deputy Cop is a great role for scum to reveal because there is no way to vet him until the Cop dies. We can't know who the NK attempt on N1 was, so that's null. As always, he's putting in the work and his reads are still town oriented imo. I also did appreciate his frustration with the general state of ****ery in this game. I do think D3 will be his time to shine  - he's more than capable of putting forward valuable reads for the town, so we'll see.

8. Nyn - Being the "beautiful but deadly" player that she is, I have to put her in the same category as AJ: froths point on she has enough info to start putting forth valuable reads for the town. 

9. Hess - A little too much "follow you into the darkness with my sword" *lolgulplol* and a little too little on the contribution side. But he doesn't ping me like Barry does (which is probably a worse sign lol). Watching him closely.

10. CTM - The more he posts, the more I find myself watching others and less concerned with his slot. Truth told i've never read him well, so there's that. 

11. Pac - Pac is obviously in his own little world. He'll define his slot on D3 by either joining in or not. 

12. Drums - I can dig the effort he's putting in. He doesn't seem to have an agenda. He'll become more clear on D3 as well. 

13. Jvill - Took over for Nolder. Hasn't had a chance to do much yet. I did not like the Nolder account, but non-activity is a null tell there. We'll see. 

14. Dice - I have him as town. If he fakeraged, good for him, but I don't have him as scum. 

15. Smash - He needs to post more, but he always needs to post more. He's been pretty calm so far, so there's that. if he starts to get edgy at people picking at him, that could change things.

 

You are a fool.  Why do you appear to be taking a victory lap for something I figured out days ago?  I've joined in as you put it by catching this Stark scrapper in 1 post.  This is what I do, sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Drums said:

Two questions: Then why didn't you vote him D1? 

And, why did you unvote him last night when things were getting hot? You ended up hammering so I would think someone so convinced would have stayed on the vote the entire time.

I dont think I was around for his reveal on D1 before the day ended...idk, cant really remember but I know I went to play golf, voted you, everyone hated that vote and then I think the Stark/JC thingy happened by the time I caught up.  I know I voted him as soon as I could at some point though, to open the day probably?  cant remember.  Feel free to go look.

I unvoted last night because DPR legitimately confused the sh*t out of me and I didnt know what to think of it all.  At one point, it made me think DPR was trying to pull something off.  Remember, this was the same guy that was yelling at me that I was wrong for questioning Stark.  I was super stoned so I thought the safe thing to do was, unvote, go to bed, and read it on sharper mind with a cup of coffee in the morning.  I basically just pretended like DPR never happened and went back to my original logic and voted him.  Didnt actually know it was the hammer either. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Calling you gross isn’t bickering , it’s a term  of endearment just like calling me fat man. 

I thought it was "gross Phish loving hippy," but I appreciate the efficiency you're bringing here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DPR said:

@Nynaeve

 

16 players left. I think it's fair to say that scum choosing a big fake reveal on D1 implies a certain level of confidence on their part - they're either excited about the power roles they have, or who they are, or both. As always, these are my reads, so it's probably worth flipping them and looking at them upside down just for perspective LOL

I've laid out my observations about:

2. AVM - imo his gently pushing the conversation away form Stark was really bad. 

Have you considered that perhaps I'm just bad?

I'll hang up and listen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Stark, Seventh Kalvary Soldier (Scum Goon), has been arrested and sent to the county jail while awaiting trial

 263243157_04-SeventhKavalry.jpg.9799671ff4e12ae97110a50d054b4ad8.jpg

 

 

Sweeeet we're all still here! 

AVM's vote of DPR during that run up was disgusting.  He's my best bet for scum tomorrow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DPR said:

@Nynaeve

 

16 players left. I think it's fair to say that scum choosing a big fake reveal on D1 implies a certain level of confidence on their part - they're either excited about the power roles they have, or who they are, or both. As always, these are my reads, so it's probably worth flipping them and looking at them upside down just for perspective LOL

I've laid out my observations about:

1. 80 - imo he oversold his soft-served the "it could be fake, but maybe its real" pitch. Then he jumped on Stark without even questioning how I knew...

2. AVM - imo his gently pushing the conversation away form Stark was really bad. 

3. Dandie - I don't enjoy the "guess who I am" schtick. He's been wrong on everything he's bothered to post about and he's preoccupied with JiF and me. His post about Stark was more blatant about not discussing it and he also tied it into Arsis and JiF. If I live, this is who i will vote for tomorrow barring any big new info. 

Do these guys seem like they'd try to pull off a big D1 fake reveal? 

****

4. Arsis - I can see argument for and against his slot. I'm good to focus on the above 3 before turning in this direction.

5. JiF - BatBowie is such a ******* distraction that he makes it impossible to narrow down a tight read. His style was the same last game and he was town. But his over-the-top attempts to clear himself could get a summer to end game. Again, I'm not focused here, but he's in the corner of my eye. 

***

6. Barry - I go back and forth here. He still pings me as trying to manipulate his emotional response to the game while providing very little substance. I'm watching him closely.  

7. AJ - The other reveal. He hasn't been analyzed much because of Stark's reveal. Deputy Cop is a great role for scum to reveal because there is no way to vet him until the Cop dies. We can't know who the NK attempt on N1 was, so that's null. As always, he's putting in the work and his reads are still town oriented imo. I also did appreciate his frustration with the general state of ****ery in this game. I do think D3 will be his time to shine  - he's more than capable of putting forward valuable reads for the town, so we'll see.

8. Nyn - Being the "beautiful but deadly" player that she is, I have to put her in the same category as AJ: froths point on she has enough info to start putting forth valuable reads for the town. 

9. Hess - A little too much "follow you into the darkness with my sword" *lolgulplol* and a little too little on the contribution side. But he doesn't ping me like Barry does (which is probably a worse sign lol). Watching him closely.

10. CTM - The more he posts, the more I find myself watching others and less concerned with his slot. Truth told i've never read him well, so there's that. 

11. Pac - Pac is obviously in his own little world. He'll define his slot on D3 by either joining in or not. 

12. Drums - I can dig the effort he's putting in. He doesn't seem to have an agenda. He'll become more clear on D3 as well. 

13. Jvill - Took over for Nolder. Hasn't had a chance to do much yet. I did not like the Nolder account, but non-activity is a null tell there. We'll see. 

14. Dice - I have him as town. If he fakeraged, good for him, but I don't have him as scum. 

15. Smash - He needs to post more, but he always needs to post more. He's been pretty calm so far, so there's that. if he starts to get edgy at people picking at him, that could change things.

 

Stopped reading at Soft Serve. Man I miss ice cream parlors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DPR said:

5. JiF - BatBowie is such a ******* distraction that he makes it impossible to narrow down a tight read. His style was the same last game and he was town. But his over-the-top attempts to clear himself could get a summer to end game. Again, I'm not focused here, but he's in the corner of my eye

lol - the entire game including a PHD student couldnt figure out what the **** you were doing last night.  I had to go to bed, wake up, drink coffee and pretend like you werent in the game to figure this sh*t out.....but I'm the distraction.  And again, this is coming from the guy who yelled at me for questioning Stark's reveal.  Literally scolded me. 

Oh and you know what's also ironic about this?  Dandie scolded me for questioning the reveal as well and that's who he wants to vote tomorrow.

Sometimes life is truly stranger than fiction...

sigh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Catching up and saw Stark got hammered then skipped ahead to see the flip

good stuff. Ballsy play by Stark to claim the big role and go for broke as a goon. Worth taking another look at the D1 wagon and how it built up in comparison to JC’s pre-reveal

still catching up just wanted to jump in real quick. I’ll focus on the wagons when I get on my laptop in a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Sweeeet we're all still here! 

AVM's vote of DPR during that run up was disgusting.  He's my best bet for scum tomorrow.  

Technically I voted DPR after that run up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Sweeeet we're all still here! 

AVM's vote of DPR during that run up was disgusting.  He's my best bet for scum tomorrow.  

What would be the point of making that vote?

quoted the wrong post. Sorry Crush.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Here's an idea, since I just once again showed Im the best player in this game, go focus your efforts elsewhere.  IDK, may contribute something useful.  You've tunnelled onto the 2 people who were adamant that Stark was lying (and DPR cursed us for it) Me and 80.   Good work!

If you're town, you're playing terrible and you should probably change it up.  But I dont your town. 

 

GIF by NBA

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CTM said:

For instance, your questioning of his reveal was more authentic town feel than 80's. You even stopped to consider voting him at the end, 80 and hess just jumped right on board with no thought. 

I also thought Stark was scum for much of D1.  But yeah, let's just ignore that part I guess.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

You are a fool.  Why do you appear to be taking a victory lap for something I figured out days ago?  I've joined in as you put it by catching this Stark scrapper in 1 post.  This is what I do, sir.

Ugh.  Hate to "ally" myself with Pac here but its important to note that Stark got pushed to L-2 and a reveal for a reason.  He was acting scummy on D1. 

DPR did fine work but Stark would have been the lynch on D1 if not for his ballsy reveal that threw us all off right when we were up against a deadline.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - the entire game including a PHD student couldnt figure out what the **** you were doing last night.  I had to go to bed, wake up, drink coffee and pretend like you werent in the game to figure this sh*t out.....but I'm the distraction.  And again, this is coming from the guy who yelled at me for questioning Stark's reveal.  Literally scolded me. 

Oh and you know what's also ironic about this?  Dandie scolded me for questioning the reveal as well and that's who he wants to vote tomorrow.

Sometimes life is truly stranger than fiction...

sigh

They figured it out well enough to lynch Stark with a quickness, so there's that. 

Questioning his reveal during the same day he made it is scummy - Dr. Manhattan is an obvious power role and fishing for CC's doesn't help the town at all. Were you fishing? Were you just JiFing? Who the **** knows.

I've shared my thoughts on Dandie. 

Stop crying and just start playing

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So Stark was scum goon.  Made him expendable on the scum team from the looks of it.  No wonder he went with a ballsy claim.  

Not sure I've seen anyone on a scum team as "expendable"? And I sure as sh*t have never seen a scum team try to pull of a D1 fake without everybody being on board with it - this is just a weird post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hey @DPR remember when I was on the stark train before you convinced me to take another look at JC?

andy richter conan nyc GIF by Team Coco

 

You realize that there was at least 1 scum if not 2 on that train, right? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

Technically I voted DPR after that run up

Technically I think you might be scum and will be my first vote tomorrow, lol.  

You've been exceptionally quiet this game too, now that I think about it.  Like you've been hiding in plain sight.

It'll make me so sad if you're scum.  :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Drums said:

Honest question from a noob: do you think him revealing the totality of his role helps town or scum more? He believes it would help scum and I tend to believe that. I do kind of get what 80 is saying but I agree we should probably move on. 

 

21 hours ago, JiF said:

I have no idea but it all seems way too convenient and I hate it.  What's funny about everyone thinking they know how I play this game and they can read me so easily, nobody ever picks up that I rarely take a reveal at face value and always pressure.  Why does asking hurt?  If the player doesnt wan to say anything, fine but I think there is more damage in not asking the questions.

 

 

20 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Doing wolf work? Or wolf?

This was in response to the direction questions I asked Stark...

 

20 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

It’s a distraction. You’re always wrong. Chances are we end up lynching you and you’re town, or the claim and they are town. Wolves can hide. Should I go on?

Here's Dandie throwing shade at me (top post) while I was casing/questioning Stark and answering drums.  Notice how he responded to my question about how does interrogating a reveal hurt?  

And then wait for it,.....I'm once again a distraction.  A BIG HUGE distraction doing work on scum. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Official Final Vote Count:

Stark (9) - DPR, 80, Drums, Pac, Jvill, Barry, Nyn, CTM, JIF

JIF (1) - AVM

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Dice (1) - Arsis

Hess  (1) - Smash

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

SCENE COMING....

In a weird turn of events, Hess didn't vote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...