HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Just now, DPR said:

I see now - nice work. Why black market though? 

No idea. Ask SMC? Flavor? Because he got a vest through asking me for help?

That's literally the wording person a needs your help if they find you and accept your help they get a vest.

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Seems like only one kill attempt Hess ...what's your take on that I know you said earlier SK was in the mix. Looks like Arsis was telling the truth since he mentioned a vest and there was a trade of some sort in the scene. Back Ally Exchange

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hey man I'm just sayin.... I have done some re reads myself on various subjects (like Arsis) but the game is getting so damn long I'm not going to search to prove your argument either way .I noticed you pinged a few people and I did go back and read some posts but it would certainly be easier for you to point me in a direction on the CTM situation rather than me spending even more time re reading since you probably know exactly where said posts are. 

This ain't gonna win the game man. You know that. 

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Arsis made it very clear he had a vest to trade to someone ...Its seems obvious that trade happened and thats hes telling the truth

Yeah, the thing that's bugging me is the "black market" description - it's a negative connotation. Nothing good ever happens on the black market:

Another person said they heard a rumor that an alliance was made. Others mentioned that a back-alley exchange had happened. Some black market stuff. None of it made any sense. The saving grace, however, was that nobody died last night.

Did we get an answer to the question of whether or not the show mentions Dr. Manhattan transferring his power?

If the show doesn't cover it, it stands to reason that the scum team has been given the goal/option of somehow gaining the power. 

20 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The alliance thing could be a variety of things, don’t think it necessarily points to scum hooking up but that’s one possibility.

There was only one kill attempt which got saved, so maybe this is a more traditional setup where it was something like 14/5 to start out.

The other kill on N1 could’ve been a vig. I would think a SK wouldn’t holster normally 

Unless both parties targeted the same player

On 4/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

The reveal does spoiler the show a bit, for those that haven’t seen it. Dr. M plays almost no role and is ‘missing’ for pretty much the whole season. He appears at the end and does transfer his power, or so we’re led to believe. Really though, he dies and we’re left with a Sopranos ending. It’s great. Anyway, I think Starknis boxed in on the reveal, don’t see any reason to press him for more - or to ‘call his bluff’. The pragmatic approach is let it ride, let more info emerge, and then deal with it. Farting around with Stark diverts from hunting scum, more so if he’s town.

The bold seems contrived. We need to make the most out of every day, that’s when the ball is in towns court. Very fake post. Wagoning too.

Jif is putting on an exposition. So much so it’s feeling like he’s impersonating his usual arrogant/ignorant townie meta. The last thing I’d do as town is follow him, right now. His push on stark is only a good town play if he’s using it to trap scum ... looking at 80.

vote 80

Dandie was talking about the "pragmatic approach" as he defended Stark all day yesterday.  Now he's opening the 3rd day up with a vote on DPR who jumped on a grenade and seemingly had some information on Stark.  Is voting him a "pragmatic approach".

Drums and Dandie today and we got scum. 

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

Did we get an answer to the question of whether or not the show mentions Dr. Manhattan transferring his power?

If the show doesn't cover it, it stands to reason that the scum team has been given the goal/option of somehow gaining the power. 

Yes, Dr. M potentially transferring his power is brought up in the show

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DPR said:

I replied to this. It’s implied at the end. The premise of the show is that baddies want to take it, which I think is semantically different than him ‘transferring’ it.

36 minutes ago, DPR said:

Doc protect saved whoever the target was. Nice work there. 

Looks like 2 scum factions have made contact and joined forces. 

We can read back through and try to determine who was sending out signals. 

Vote Dandie

26 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

So, DPR played the stark thing like it was a bus, and now he’s using it to set up lynches.

He’s said I have been wrong on everything. My logic, that stark didn’t need to be bluff-called right away, wasn’t wrong. It’s proper logic. You let him stay in game longer, he leaves more of a footprint. If he’s scum, great. If not, we don’t lynch power role. It’s the pragmatic and conservative play. 

He keeps saying I’m focused on him and JiF, disregarding my 3. He’s posted a lot of garbage. I’ve called it. He’s made his move against me as a result. 

Diesnt need debate. I’m barely keeping up, and I stand by my logic on how quick we needed to deal with stark. He’s playing like scum framing a dumb villager.

vote dpr

Total contradiction to his pragmatic play with Stark and it's OMGUS.

Drums vs. Dandie.  1 is scum.

Book it.

1 minute ago, DPR said:

This ain't gonna win the game man. You know that. 

Yeah, the thing that's bugging me is the "black market" description - it's a negative connotation. Nothing good ever happens on the black market:

Another person said they heard a rumor that an alliance was made. Others mentioned that a back-alley exchange had happened. Some black market stuff. None of it made any sense. The saving grace, however, was that nobody died last night.

Well yeah black market could be concerning but I still think Arsis acted exactly how his post said it would play out. Im not sure scum would have handed a vest to anyone including themselves (which would not seem fair) So for now Im not looking at Arsis at all and Im pretty sure hes town based on his post and the scene 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dandie was talking about the "pragmatic approach" as he defended Stark all day yesterday.  Now he's opening the 3rd day up with a vote on DPR who jumped on a grenade and seemingly had some information on Stark.  Is voting him a "pragmatic approach".

Drums and Dandie today and we got scum. 

I think I made 1-2 posts about stark. It is pragmatic. I stand by that. 

You really need to stop saying you’re good at this game, if this is town play. Honestly.

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That’s my current ranking yes

So, you were all about the lynch last night, but now u squintin' at me? 

I understand it from Ape - he'd vote for me even if I was a confirmed townie. But would you walk me through your reasons? 

Just now, DPR said:

I understand it from Ape - he'd vote for me even if I was a confirmed townie. But would you walk me through your reasons? 

I’m not ape. Gosh!!!!

43 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I’ve provided 3 suspects. I’m focused on discerning the whole roster though. This is just nonsensical talk. Pointless, unless you’re scum trying to make someone pressuring you fact check you and drown out convo.

This.

Wait, so saying, “the first reveal of the game doesn’t need to be lynched immediately, because it’s boxed in” means what exactly? 

Remember what i said about spin earlier?

How insecure do you need to be to keep track of neg reps? 

Top three being me, Jif and 80. 

30 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

So, DPR played the stark thing like it was a bus, and now he’s using it to set up lynches.

He’s said I have been wrong on everything. My logic, that stark didn’t need to be bluff-called right away, wasn’t wrong. It’s proper logic. You let him stay in game longer, he leaves more of a footprint. If he’s scum, great. If not, we don’t lynch power role. It’s the pragmatic and conservative play. 

He keeps saying I’m focused on him and JiF, disregarding my 3. He’s posted a lot of garbage. I’ve called it. He’s made his move against me as a result. 

Diesnt need debate. I’m barely keeping up, and I stand by my logic on how quick we needed to deal with stark. He’s playing like scum framing a dumb villager.

vote dpr

So I have been rereading Dandie's posts and it is a bit up and down for me but what I noticed, something it seems Dandie has mentioned a few times is that he's got a top 3 (an example in post up top) and he mentions he will look at other people, which is good; however, going over his posts, I'd say with how he has spoken it makes the most sense to vote me. I mean, he did it yesterday even with everything that happened. With the way the voting has gone so far, I make even more sense today than I did yesterday. 

But right now, he's voting DPR, the guy I believe is working for town with a PR. 

Vote Dandie

1 minute ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I think I made 1-2 posts about stark. It is pragmatic. I stand by that. 

You really need to stop saying you’re good at this game, if this is town play. Honestly.

Honestly?  Oh ok, I totally will now that you've said so.  Honestly.

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yes, Dr. M potentially transferring his power is brought up in the show

Cool. Thank you. Now we can entertain that when Stark & team were putting together his reveal, they researched that. The part about him blowing up was obviously made up. 

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Hess, JIF, Pac, Dandie

CTM (1) - 80 

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (1) - DPR

DPR (1) - Dandie

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Top three being me, Jif and 80. 

So I have been rereading Dandie's posts and it is a bit up and down for me but what I noticed, something it seems Dandie has mentioned a few times is that he's got a top 3 (an example in post up top) and he mentions he will look at other people, which is good; however, going over his posts, I'd say with how he has spoken it makes the most sense to vote me. I mean, he did it yesterday even with everything that happened. With the way the voting has gone so far, I make even more sense today than I did yesterday. 

But right now, he's voting DPR, the guy I believe is working for town with a PR. 

Vote Dandie

I mean, everyone knows that once you say you have suspects, you can never re-evaluate, change, or deviate, otherwise you’re scum. Especially across multiple phases. 

This seems like an over-rationalization for a bandwagon vote. I feel like I’m seeing some really dense spin on my play from a few of you. I’m either on point and scum is plotting my mislynch, or just not dumb enough for the style of play here.

5 minutes ago, DPR said:

I think AJ is #1 townie 80 is #2 You are #3.

I felt confident whether real town or gambit by you, Stark would turn up scum. It’s called big giant brains. I have them. 50/50 real reasoning but who should care if it’s 100% Stark dead scum. Everyone not getting that esp CTM= shady

• Thumb Down 1