HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly?  Oh ok, I totally will now that you've said so.  Honestly.

You go emo quicker than anyone I’ve ever seen play. Across 4 different sites. One of which is a forum for people with emotional disorders. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DPR said:

Cool. Thank you. Now we can entertain that when Stark & team were putting together his reveal, they researched that. The part about him blowing up was obviously made up. 

This sounds SO fake as banter.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well yeah black market could be concerning but I still think Arsis acted exactly how his post said it would play out. Im not sure scum would have handed a vest to anyone including themselves (which would not seem fair) So for now Im not looking at Arsis at all and Im pretty sure hes town based on his post and the scene 

Scene didn't say anything about a vest.

12 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I’m not ape. Gosh!!!!

Introduce yourself or sub out. It's only fair. 

2 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Disagree. Smash has triggers, but Jif basically starts the game in emo now. Wasn’t always the case.

Lol, where did you say you played with Smash again? 

Introduce yourself or sub out 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If there are indeed multiple factions, there are no lock town.

Dandie pushing the tinfoil theory that DPR and Stark were running a gambit is absurd, however.

I think if multiple factions, 2 small scum teams that have to find each other. Something like that

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Stop pushing this, it’s one of several distracting elements you’re cratering on.

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

Lol, where did you say you played with Smash again? 

Introduce yourself or sub out 

Wolf hunting? Or nah?

Just now, HessStation said:

I think if multiple factions, 2 small scum teams that have to find each other. Something like that

In the show, there are the cops, plus the current heroes which include sister knight, and eventually the inspector woman that was an original watchmen member. Then there is the cavalry, that wants dr. M power. Then there is the Chinese lady and sister knights gramps, who also want his power. The there is adrien veight, stuck on another planet. Those are the only factions I can thinkn of offhand. I can’t and won’t speculate about mechanics yet, too easy to create diversion.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t have to defend against the likes of you. I’ve been putting in work. You’ve already admitted you’re too lazy to read back. Thus you’re not worth my time.

I asked a simple question that since you know exactly where the specific issues with you and CTM started could you point me in that direction 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t have to defend against the likes of you. I’ve been putting in work. You’ve already admitted you’re too lazy to read back. Thus you’re not worth my time.

heh you'll be defending against the likes of everyone soon scum bucket

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If there are indeed multiple factions, there are no lock town.

Dandie pushing the tinfoil theory that DPR and Stark were running a gambit is absurd, however.

lol, from some who has done little else but float theories... okay.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Holy Christ DPR what else do you propose was traded ? used condoms between JIF and Arisi ? Read Arsis post

80, Jif and dpr are all floating so much dumb crap, I can’t see how they’re all town. Are they all just morons?

Relevant tidbits from CTM's ISO

- talk about self hammer to avoid pac's hammer mummbo jumbo deal. Pretty null overall though I recall not being a huge fan att.
- hints that he has a none consequential slot when asked to reveal. Gets some crap for not willing to reveal or him asking the mod if it counts as a reveal. This was mostly nonsense imo. 
- Nolder nudges him some about the end of his reveal.
- Gets nudged a bit by DPR
- votes me irt my stance that idgaf who dandie is. Seemed like a load of crap to me. He soon backtracked from it.
- says he's suss of DPR
- unvotes me and votes Barry, while waving away dandie's train as insignificant.
- foses JC
- some back and forth with Barry irt dandie.
- unvotes votes DPR
- says he feels drums is a disinterested townie
- defends drums to AJ. Was kinda weird.
- 20 mins later AJ quotes a post of drums from Red Dawn and CTM votes drums. Pretty disgusting stuff.
- When Hess and 80 vote stark he quotes them both and foses 80 for following Hess' "omgus vote". votes 80.
- When conversing with Crusher he says he'll vote either 80 or DPR.
- Reasons for sussing DPR: past games, wanting ctm to reveal when he was at L-2, going after dandie. Kinda gross.
- eggs pac on when he foses AJ for his woe me this game is awful post. Feels like sideline nudges. Not a great look. Especially since he never actively goes after him himself.
- nudge at smash lurking
- gives a read list. pac town. feels better about DPR, worse about JC. AJ waffly. good on Arsis. 80 scum (says his vote on Stark is the scummiest thing he's seen).
- says he'll consolidate if need be cause of DL. Says he sees Stark is the vote leader but he's not sure why and says nothing he did was note worthy.
- willing to lynch 80, JC or JiF (first time he mentions him that I can see. Says he's not towntelling).
- about 10 hours later shows up saying he iso'd Stark. verdict is null. says he doesn't know why people are voting him. This might be the only time he actually metioned isoing a player, unless I missed it in my reread.
- votes JC after Stark's claim but says he's around to move his vote if need be. atp the competing trains are AJ vs JC.
- refers to Stark's claim, saying it's a bit tough to swallow and if someone who is familiar with the theme can elaborate.
- After JC's demise he says 80 and DPR look good. As well as Hess. for voting him even though they believed he was a bomb.
- When JiF questions Stark's claim, CTM says it fits with the content and that he wasn't comfortable lynching him near DL but on D2 it should be discussed.
- After the refrigerator deal gives a new read list. Feels bad about 80 surrounding Stark's lynch (???). feels better about JiF and drums. Worse about Nolder. Hess pings. Arsis townie.
- as he continues his catch up he says he likes drums, arsis, jif and aj for town. Smash null. top 3 for scum - nol, hess and 80.
- defends dpr as town vs dandie.
- questions DPR's claim that stark's claim is bull. suggests the failed attemped kill on N1 could have been on stark.
- starts to go back on his read on DPR a little bit. Says he's not willing to lynch a PR.
- says the whole dpr deal feels more like scum gambit then town play.
- questions Arsis on how DPR knew he was involved.
- he says he's leaning towards trusting DPR but doesn't actually cast a vote cause he think DPR believes what he says but isn't sure if it's actually true. Stark is at L-4 at this point.
- about 8 hours later once DPR says he knows for sure Stark lied in his claim, he votes him.
- says the questioning of the reveal could come from scum or town. but says 80 is the one that looks the least genuine.
- foses hess. eggs on barry to go after him (feels a bit sideliney again).
- foses 80 and says he doesn't get why stark was a scum read for 80 to begin with.
- votes 80. says hess should be next.

Take away from this.

vote on me was bogus but early on. Otherwise he pretty much stayed clear of me (even though he doesn't offer a read on me going forward).

his 180 on drums and then back is weird. I didn't really get why he suddenly went back to town reading him. Though the reason he had for voting him wasn't really that good either.

there's a lot of flipfloping on hess and 80 too. I mean I can get developing reads but it's a bit convoluted. He started off not loving 80, then after JC got lynched he thought 80 and Hess looked good considering, then reverted to them being his top scum leans, along with Nolder's slot. And given Stark's flip this seems a bit odd to me. ie I would have expected him to factor it all in and I don't quite get where he's coming from.

He acts several times in ways to soft defend Stark. If by throwing around comments on how he doesn't get why that train even exists, fosing 80 for voting him for no real reason. eluding that stark was possibly the failed kill target N1, questioning his claim but at the same time not actively going there until DPR basically left him no choice. ie at that point it was a thunderdome between DPR and Stark.

He also has hardly no game related interaction with some players. Like dandie for instance, who he does defend at some point but doesn't actually try to actively resolve that I've seen. Pac and JiF he just writes off as town but I don't really see him digging into them. Same with me really. Same with Crusher on D1. Might be him avoiding the headache and wanting to get rid of that nuisance via NAs.

Honestly if he doesn't get his act together he can swing as far as I'm concerned. Cause the above doesn't look good.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

In the show, there are the cops, plus the current heroes which include sister knight, and eventually the inspector woman that was an original watchmen member. Then there is the cavalry, that wants dr. M power. Then there is the Chinese lady and sister knights gramps, who also want his power. The there is adrien veight, stuck on another planet. Those are the only factions I can thinkn of offhand. I can’t and won’t speculate about mechanics yet, too easy to create diversion.

Yeah even as you explain that it’s hard to understand. I read the whole damn GN and watched the movie and it’s still hard to understand sides, and who’s good and who’s bad....which I think was Moore’s point. Which is a great point, but for this game wHo TF knows so whatevs 

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Hess, JIF, Pac, Dandie

CTM (1) - 80 

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (2) - DPR, Drums

DPR (1) - Dandie

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest