Adios Jamal

9 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I can't argue with that. If he would shut his mouth the negative contingent would decrease tremendously. Like Geno Smith, he is the self proclaimed "greatest"at his position, except Jamal does produce results.

0.66 INT/16 games...     transformational

• Haha 1

Look he's probably not getting traded. He's a very good player. I was very much for trading him at the right price. I don't see him as a hall of famer as it currently stands. We'll see he's still young. I would NOT trade him at this point. Also if JD is giving him an extension it's going to be very team friendly and significantly lower than people tossing out 17 a year. Why? Because he's not a free agent and is cost controlled for 3 years. He has no leverage.  That's all that really needs to be said about the topic. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Maxman said:

Everything that happened this offseason, including the draft, has me more convinced that Jamal is getting paid. Long term deal is happening.

Agreed. If he is reasonable in negotiations. He's not going to get full open market value when he had 3 years before free agency at modest prices. He's essentially asking for an advance. 

Just now, TheMo said:

Agreed. If he is reasonable in negotiations. He's not going to get full open market value when he had 3 years before free agency at modest prices. He's essentially asking for an advance. 

Jets have the leverage now for sure if they want to play it out. It will be interesting, I don't know the answer. Joe D doesn't seem to be a huge fan of long term deals right now. So I don't seem him panicking.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Jets have the leverage now for sure if they want to play it out. It will be interesting, I don't know the answer. Joe D doesn't seem to be a huge fan of long term deals right now. So I don't seem him panicking.

Agreed. I guess this is my response to the DWC posters of the world who would love to claim he's worth a 18/year extension this summer. That would be Mac style negotiations at that point. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheMo said:

Agreed. I guess this is my response to the DWC posters of the world who would love to claim he's worth a 18/year extension this summer. That would be Mac style negotiations at that point. 

I don’t think Douglas is gonna overpay him. Douglas seems very careful when it comes to contracts.  If Jamal wants a monster deal that’s too rich for us he will be traded 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

He's no Ed Reed but you can't deny his effort - even though his attitude can be a pain to hear. I hope he gets shored up so he fully focuses and progresses this years. 

JA is defo a plus player thos he lacks ball skills. 

I think he's generally overrated by Jetfans. Biut then again we have very few good players so...  I kinda get it...

I could tlerate his silly on field self congratulations more if he talked less...     for me he ends up a quality player who is goofy.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

I think he's generally overrated by Jetfans. Biut then again we have very few good players so...  I kinda get it...

I could tlerate his silly on field self congratulations more if he talked less...     for me he ends up a quality player who is goofy.

What fans think doesn't matter. The new, highly regarded, GM is the one that turned down multiple draft picks for Adams. So his evaluation, along with the coaching stuff, is the one that is important.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I too dislike his antics but there is no question if his talent.  I don’t think he is as great as he thinks he is.  When it comes to resigning him it has to be for the right price.  Given what I’ve seen Douglas seems to know what type of contracts he is comfortable dishing out. If Jamal doesn’t want to compromise he will be gone 

At this point, this is how I’d play it if I were Douglas. I listen to whatever bullsh*t offer Jamal’s agent throws at me, then I’d laugh, then I’d offer him a three year deal at whatever the total would be if you tagged Jamal twice, whatever that is, because that’s all you realistically have to pay him if he wants to be a dick about it. Dare him to reject that kind of money during a pandemic. If he refuses, take him through the season (if a season even happens) and trade him for whatever next year. They screwed the pooch on this the same way the Skins just screwed the pooch with Trent Williams. Now it’s damage control season.

• Upvote 2

I hate this ******* guy so much lol. To compare team leaders, Mekhi Becton, on Instagram, filmed the ESPN announcement for every Jets draft pick, tagged them in it, and put the caption “LET’S WORK!” over it. Every single guy, tagged. The audio is Becton saying “Yes sirrrrrr” over and over again. It’s a cool gesture. 

In contrast, Leader of Men Jamal’s Instagram story right now is this:

8770586D-5003-4D30-9C37-C22DAFD9CA2D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I hate this ******* guy so much lol. To compare team leaders, Mekhi Becton, on Instagram, filmed the ESPN announcement for every Jets draft pick, tagged them in it, and put the caption “LET’S WORK!” over it. Every single guy, tagged. The audio is Becton saying “Yes sirrrrrr” over and over again. It’s a cool gesture. 

He's a me guy, it's good to see the type of guys Joe is brining in are team guys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Such a leader.

Did you happen to check and see if he was responding to Dallas's picks?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody called. No one.

Maybe plenty of teams called, but Joe Douglas doesn't want to say so, because that would reveal that he picked up the phone, and he's not supposed to pick up the phone when teams call about Jamal Adams.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

you got somethin against pelaton bro cuz if so then we got a problem

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Link please. I need more Becton.