Did the Jets just get the 6th rounder back that they gave up for Demaryius Thomas?

Maxman

Just now, Chrebetfan23 said:

Oops sorry thought that trade was a 2020 6th rounder. Not sure if its the Pats or the Jets original 2021 pick then.

Kind of funny either way. I like that Douglas was like, give me my pick back. I was a young GM then. I messed up. Now give me my pick back dammit.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan23 said:

Have a feeling Joe is going to trade one of those 4th rounders back for a 6th and or a 7th...

I think we've gotten enough volume now.  The Jets have a 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th and 6th.

We have 4 players so far and getting 6 more.  I don't need more than that.  Let's turn back towards quality.  Heck, I might even consider trading a 4th this year for a 3rd next year if a team wants to do that.

BTW, I smell a K or P or in the 6th.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we've gotten enough volume now.  The Jets have a 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th and 6th.

We have 4 players so far and getting 6 more.  I don't need more than that.  Let's turn back towards quality.  Heck, I might even consider trading a 4th this year for a 3rd next year if a team wants to do that.

G,WR,C,CB,K,OLB

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

TE Adam Trautman is still out there for some reason.  Mentioning a TE is almost as dangerous as saying Safety around here....but since we drafted Mims I've watched a lot of pass-catchers get taken.  I truly thought we'd land another guys in the area of Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards, Duvernay, etc..... but they're all gone.  Trautman would be a good pick in Round 4.  If not him then I'd like to see us get a lower rung WR like Peoples-Jones, AGG or maybe Hodgins.  Trautman is the best receiving threat left on the Board right now IMO.....but he plays TE.

I thought he was taken by the Saints at the end of the 3rd round (they traded up).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

a pick is a pick is a pick.JD has a 6 year contract. He's in no hurry. As someone said, JD pulls on his cigars like Joe cool.

That was me!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He took big swings.  Problem was that by constantly trading up, even when the moves worked out, they resulted in a top-heavy roster.  

There needs to be balance.  Tannenbaum GM'd like he was snorting a bunch of cocaine on a daily basis.  Douglas is taking smooth drags on a cigar.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The punter from A&M is amazing.

• Upvote 1