Jump to content
jetstream23

This is the Joe D playbook! Lots of GOOD instead of a couple GREAT

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Quantity > Quality in Year 1 of his rebuild.  There's a theme here.  It started in FA and now it continues into the Draft.  Did we break the bank in FA on Conklin or Glasgow for the OLine, how about Dante Fowler at Edge or Byron Jones at CB?  Nope.

Joe said, "I'll take Brian Poole for $5M.  Give me Greg Van Roten for $3.5M.  Oh, CB....how about Pierre Desir for $3.75M.  Edge...I'll bring back Jordan Jenkins for $5M."

It's the SAME THING in the Draft.  He immediately addresses the two biggest needs on offense with LT (Becton) and WR (Mims).  Now, it's #TradeDownCity.  Joe doesn't want 2 or 3 great players.  He wants 7 good ones.  This is a bottoms-up roster rebuild.  This is fiscal management in picking his horse at Safety (Extend Jamal (probably), replace Marcus Maye with Davis in Round 3) after Maccagnan inexplicably drafted back-to-back Safeties (a decision that cost $13M last year for Le’Veon Bell because Macc left Dalvin Cook on the board for Maye 3 years ago).

And now we see Joe D. turn the most important 3rd Round the Jets have had in years into a loaded 4th round. Tune it up on Saturday!  Joe is coming in hot at 120, 125, and 129 tomorrow for the most important 4th round the Jets have had in a decade.

CB, OG, WR, TE???   Who knows....but LOTS of interesting names out there at all those positions.

Who have the Jets taken in Round 4 in previous years?  How about guys like TE Chris Herndon, RB Bilal Powell, WR/KR Brad Smith, S Kerry Rhodes, WR Jerricho Cotchery, LT Jason Fabini.

Joe got his LT without trading up in Round 1.  He got his WR while trading down in Round 2.  I'm trusting this guy to unlock value in the Draft so far.  He seems to know how to get the guys he wants in the spots he wants to get them.  Ya Gotta Believe!

See ya tomorrow!

 

Good Post.  Good to see optimism.  Of course there is always the group of miserable people who hate everything but the good news is we have a GM who values building through the draft and knows talent and what needs to be done 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading into Day 3 of what we expected to be an Offensive Draft.

50% O, 50% D for the Jets so far.

And I'll say this....the value in Round 4 IMHO....is Defense at CB and Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we got our edge already....let's not double dip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

Heading into Day 3 of what we expected to be an Offensive Draft.

50% O, 50% D for the Jets so far.

And I'll say this....the value in Round 4 IMHO....is Defense at CB and Edge.

Look I know a lot of fans despise any defensive picks but I’m fine with it.  I mean our highest picks were offense.  If JD didn’t like the value some of the offensive players were in the 3rd that’s fine.  I like what we did in the 3rd.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh.  I don't think of this like quantity instead of quality.  I think he is taking a shotgun approach and getting a bunch of high ceiling guys and hoping some stick.  That is what he did with Perriman and Fant in free agency and it is what he is getting with Becton, Mims, Davis, and Zuniga.  Literally the entire draft has a crazy ceiling.  Will they all hit?  I doubt it, but someone probably will.  I want another WR/gadget type.  Most of the guys I really loved are gone, but there are plenty of interesting guys left.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Quantity > Quality in Year 1 of his rebuild.  There's a theme here.  It started in FA and now it continues into the Draft.  Did we break the bank in FA on Conklin or Glasgow for the OLine, how about Dante Fowler at Edge or Byron Jones at CB?  Nope.

Joe said, "I'll take Brian Poole for $5M.  Give me Greg Van Roten for $3.5M.  Oh, CB....how about Pierre Desir for $3.75M.  Edge...I'll bring back Jordan Jenkins for $5M."

It's the SAME THING in the Draft.  He immediately addresses the two biggest needs on offense with LT (Becton) and WR (Mims).  Now, it's #TradeDownCity.  Joe doesn't want 2 or 3 great players.  He wants 7 good ones.  This is a bottoms-up roster rebuild.  This is fiscal management in picking his horse at Safety (Extend Jamal (probably), replace Marcus Maye with Davis in Round 3) after Maccagnan inexplicably drafted back-to-back Safeties (a decision that cost $13M last year for Le’Veon Bell because Macc left Dalvin Cook on the board for Maye 3 years ago).

And now we see Joe D. turn the most important 3rd Round the Jets have had in years into a loaded 4th round. Tune it up on Saturday!  Joe is coming in hot at 120, 125, and 129 tomorrow for the most important 4th round the Jets have had in a decade.

CB, OG, WR, TE???   Who knows....but LOTS of interesting names out there at all those positions.

Who have the Jets taken in Round 4 in previous years?  How about guys like TE Chris Herndon, RB Bilal Powell, WR/KR Brad Smith, S Kerry Rhodes, WR Jerricho Cotchery, LT Jason Fabini.

Joe got his LT without trading up in Round 1.  He got his WR while trading down in Round 2.  I'm trusting this guy to unlock value in the Draft so far.  He seems to know how to get the guys he wants in the spots he wants to get them.  Ya Gotta Believe!

See ya tomorrow!

 

Hey can I use this for the front page? Great job.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Quantity > Quality in Year 1 of his rebuild.  There's a theme here.  It started in FA and now it continues into the Draft.  Did we break the bank in FA on Conklin or Glasgow for the OLine, how about Dante Fowler at Edge or Byron Jones at CB?  Nope.

Joe said, "I'll take Brian Poole for $5M.  Give me Greg Van Roten for $3.5M.  Oh, CB....how about Pierre Desir for $3.75M.  Edge...I'll bring back Jordan Jenkins for $5M."

It's the SAME THING in the Draft.  He immediately addresses the two biggest needs on offense with LT (Becton) and WR (Mims).  Now, it's #TradeDownCity.  Joe doesn't want 2 or 3 great players.  He wants 7 good ones.  This is a bottoms-up roster rebuild.  This is fiscal management in picking his horse at Safety (Extend Jamal (probably), replace Marcus Maye with Davis in Round 3) after Maccagnan inexplicably drafted back-to-back Safeties (a decision that cost $13M last year for Le’Veon Bell because Macc left Dalvin Cook on the board for Maye 3 years ago).

And now we see Joe D. turn the most important 3rd Round the Jets have had in years into a loaded 4th round. Tune it up on Saturday!  Joe is coming in hot at 120, 125, and 129 tomorrow for the most important 4th round the Jets have had in a decade.

CB, OG, WR, TE???   Who knows....but LOTS of interesting names out there at all those positions.

Who have the Jets taken in Round 4 in previous years?  How about guys like TE Chris Herndon, RB Bilal Powell, WR/KR Brad Smith, S Kerry Rhodes, WR Jerricho Cotchery, LT Jason Fabini.

Joe got his LT without trading up in Round 1.  He got his WR while trading down in Round 2.  I'm trusting this guy to unlock value in the Draft so far.  He seems to know how to get the guys he wants in the spots he wants to get them.  Ya Gotta Believe!

See ya tomorrow!

 

This post has got me even more pumped for tomorrow! Still much value to be had . Joe Douglas is a beast on his first draft ! The balls to trade down and get Mims and then trade down again with of all people Bill Bellicheck. Trading with the Patriots knowing how critical our can base is? Wow! Can’t say Joe Douglas is afraid. Came out strong with  no fear. Gotta love it ! 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I know a lot of fans despise any defensive picks but I’m fine with it.  I mean our highest picks were offense.  If JD didn’t like the value some of the offensive players were in the 3rd that’s fine.  I like what we did in the 3rd.  

I'm not throwing a remote through the TV.  I just find it ironic that our two biggest needs on D were Edge and CB.  The very first defensive pick of Joe D's career here is a Safety.  I guess it could have been worse with a DT, and I get it that he wanted a true FS.  But it's not where I would have gone at #68.  I would have been all over Zack Baun at Edge or maybe even Hennessey at Center (so that I could move McGovern to RG and cut Winters to save $8M.  I then use that money to get Clowney on a one-year deal.)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

I'm not throwing a remote through the TV.  I just find it ironic that our two biggest needs on D were Edge and CB.  The very first defensive pick of Joe D's career here is a Safety.  I guess it could have been worse with a DT, and I get it that he wanted a true FS.  But it's not where I would have gone at #68.  I would have been all over Zack Baun at Edge or maybe even Hennessey at Center (so that I could move McGovern to RG and cut Winters to save $8M.  I then use that money to get Clowney on a one-year deal.)

The safety can also play CB, apparently. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I don't think of this like quantity instead of quality.  I think he is taking a shotgun approach and getting a bunch of high ceiling guys and hoping some stick.  That is what he did with Perriman and Fant in free agency and it is what he is getting with Becton, Mims, Davis, and Zuniga.  Literally the entire draft has a crazy ceiling.  Will they all hit?  I doubt it, but someone probably will.  I want another WR/gadget type.  Most of the guys I really loved are gone, but there are plenty of interesting guys left.  

 

Exactly.  Why can't it be both quality AND quantity?  When you draft/sign a bunch of versatile athletes it can only help your roster. 

And multi-position versatility especially helps when injuries start to pile up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey can I use this for the front page? Great job.

Sure thing.

You hiring writers out West? :D 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

I'm not throwing a remote through the TV.  I just find it ironic that our two biggest needs on D were Edge and CB.  The very first defensive pick of Joe D's career here is a Safety.  I guess it could have been worse with a DT, and I get it that he wanted a true FS.  But it's not where I would have gone at #68.  I would have been all over Zack Baun at Edge or maybe even Hennessey at Center (so that I could move McGovern to RG and cut Winters to save $8M.  I then use that money to get Clowney on a one-year deal.)

Davis is versatile so he can play CB maybe .  Also both maye and Adams are coming to the end of their rookie deals.  I do think one will be traded for more picks next year.  We can’t fill every need in one offseason but I like that Douglas keeps adding draft capital for depth and to fill in when others are gone possibly 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

This post has got me even more pumped for tomorrow! Still much value to be had . Joe Douglas is a beast on his first draft ! The balls to trade down and get Mims and then trade down again with of all people Bill Bellicheck. Trading with the Patriots knowing how critical our can base is? Wow! Can’t say Joe Douglas is afraid. Came out strong with  no fear. Gotta love it ! 

We already had a hint when he traded with the Pats for Thomas last year.  Not only that but we now are getting back the 6th rounder we paid them for Thomas.  JD rocks! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

We already had a hint when he traded with the Pats for Thomas last year.  Not only that but we now are getting back the 6th rounder we paid them for Thomas.  JD rocks! 

Forgot that!  Wow....there's some irony there.

"Hey Belichick, you want to move up to #101?  Okay, give me 125 and 129.....(pause)....and I want a 6th rounder in 2021.  Demaryius Thomas was a nice add in a forgotten 2019 season....but now he turns out to have been free."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 3 was rough for some including me

my guess is Okwara got stolen just before our Ashtyn Davis pick

Ashtyn could turn into Byron Jones- athletically he’s right there, but that was an emotionally triggering event there specifically due to Dalvin Cook knife to the heart from a couple years ago.

lost our momentum there. Need to rebound tomorrow 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Round 3 was rough for some including me

my guess is Okwara got stolen just before our Ashtyn Davis pick

Ashtyn could turn into Byron Jones- athletically he’s right there, but that was an emotionally triggering event there specifically due to Dalvin Cook knife to the heart from a couple years ago.

lost our momentum there. Need to rebound tomorrow 

 

 

Not really.   I thought Round 3 was real good.  I know it’s not the sexy names but Davis is versatile athletic freak.  Zuniga had some injury issues but when healthy he was very productive and athletic too.  Great Draft so far and we have 6 picks 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

We already had a hint when he traded with the Pats for Thomas last year.  Not only that but we now are getting back the 6th rounder we paid them for Thomas.  JD rocks! 

The fun thing about that 6th rounder next year is they have ours and we have theirs now I think.  Both GM’s thinking their own teams will have the better record and therefore the better 6th round pick with the swap 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I don't think of this like quantity instead of quality.  I think he is taking a shotgun approach and getting a bunch of high ceiling guys and hoping some stick.  That is what he did with Perriman and Fant in free agency and it is what he is getting with Becton, Mims, Davis, and Zuniga.  Literally the entire draft has a crazy ceiling.  Will they all hit?  I doubt it, but someone probably will.  I want another WR/gadget type.  Most of the guys I really loved are gone, but there are plenty of interesting guys left.  

I was being a bit facetious.  I'm obviously not saying that Joe is taking a big group of JAGS instead of a couple great guys.  But he definitely chose to leave some really good talent on the Board in Rounds 2 and 3 so that he could trade down and get more players.  It's like a kid a high school.....don't tell me about the A+'s you got in History and Gym class, but then C's in 4 other classes.  Bring me 6 B+'s. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally a GM who is better than the random posters on a Jets forum board.  
 

Amazing!!!!!

Joe D obviously knows what he is doing and we as a fan base can begin to breathe again!!

Thank God!!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Finally a GM who is better than the random posters on a Jets forum board.  
 

Amazing!!!!!

Joe D obviously knows what he is doing and we as a fan base can begin to breathe again!!

Thank God!!

Although certain fans still think they know more and bash the picks 😂 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Look I know a lot of fans despise any defensive picks but I’m fine with it.  I mean our highest picks were offense.  If JD didn’t like the value some of the offensive players were in the 3rd that’s fine.  I like what we did in the 3rd.  

JD's doing things the right way.  Not abandoning BPA solely for positional needs.  Instead he's balancing between the two as best he can.  And by accumulating picks. He''s giving himself  more opportunities to fill needs but still get as mush BPA value as he can.  IMO...this is how you play the draft.  

Jets so far...got their tackle...wideout...edge and a safety ...to fill positions and add depth.  And with 6 picks more to play with...this will continue.  Don't be surprised to see JD go up or down in 4th round too.  Extra chips gives him the flexibility to target specific players of the type that are quick...fast and athletic. Those are the types of players that meet his definition of BPA. 

JD is not going to be fixated with just offense.  Never with just one side of the ball.  GM's are responsible for all units on the roster.  And with six more picks...offense will certainly get it's share for sure.  

Still some solid talent left for the taking.  JD has put himself in a good position to continue the upgrading of this talent poor team.   And give the Jets a chance to compete for the wide open AFCE...now!  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was refreshing as hell.  A lot of these picks wont hit but you need lotto tickets.  Load up on round 3-6 guys, cheap controllable depth for backups, dev guys and specials.  If this is the plan then sign me up.  We have a competent GM who understands how to maneuver up and down the board.

 

Also love him going after elite SPARQ score athletes. We take a dev Edge with high measurables, a dev freak speed WR, a generational tackle on paper (still needs to show it on the field).  The safety pick is also a nice pick, can use him in big nickel or (gasp) he coudk be a good backup if we lose a safety.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe Douglas War Room

Here is a post from our forums, which are on fire by the way. We set a record on Thursday for the most posts ever and then broke it on Friday. So many knowledgeable Jets fans and here is an example of a great post. The Joe Douglas playbook by jetstream23.

This is the Joe D playbook! Lots of GOOD instead of a couple GREAT

By jetstream23

Quantity > Quality in Year 1 of his rebuild.  There’s a theme here.  It started in free agency and now it continues into the draft.  Did they break the bank in free agency on Conklin or Glasgow for the offensive line? How about Dante Fowler at Edge or Byron Jones at cornerback  Nope.

Joe said, “I’ll take Brian Poole for $5M.  Give me Greg Van Roten for $3.5M.  Oh, CB….how about Pierre Desir for $3.75M.  Edge…I’ll bring back Jordan Jenkins for $5M.”

It’s the same thing the draft.  He immediately addresses the two biggest needs on offense with LT (Becton) and WR (Mims).  Now, it’s #TradeDownCity.  Joe doesn’t want 2 or 3 great players.  He wants 7 good ones.  This is a bottoms-up roster rebuild.  This is fiscal management in picking his horse at Safety (Extend Jamal (probably), replace Marcus Maye with Davis in Round 3) after Maccagnan inexplicably drafted back-to-back Safeties (a decision that cost $13M last year for Le’Veon Bell because Macc left Dalvin Cook on the board for Maye 3 years ago).

And now we see Joe Douglas turn the most important 3rd Round the Jets have had in years into a loaded 4th Round. Tune it up on Saturday!  Joe is coming in hot at 120, 125, and 129 on Saturday for the most important 4th round the Jets have had in a decade. CB, OG, WR, TE? Who knows but there are lots of interesting names out there at all those positions. Who have the Jets taken in Round 4 in previous years?  How about guys like TE Chris Herndon, RB Bilal Powell, WR/KR Brad Smith, S Kerry Rhodes, WR Jerricho Cotchery and LT Jason Fabini.

Joe got his left tackle without trading up in Round 1.  He got his wide receiver while trading down in Round 2.  I’m trusting this guy to unlock value in the Draft so far.  He seems to know how to get the guys he wants in the spots he wants to get them.  Ya Gotta Believe!

See ya on Saturday!

The post The Joe Douglas Playbook appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
dEGN3Trwxlg

Click here to read the full story...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Round 3 was rough for some including me

my guess is Okwara got stolen just before our Ashtyn Davis pick

Ashtyn could turn into Byron Jones- athletically he’s right there, but that was an emotionally triggering event there specifically due to Dalvin Cook knife to the heart from a couple years ago.

lost our momentum there. Need to rebound tomorrow 

 

 

I like the Byron Jones comparison. Kid is athletically gifted. Hurdles at the collegiate level and at that speed and with success  is impressive.... especially as a walk on. 
 

If he can be the FS that allows Jamaal to move around the field making plays I’m all for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

because Macc left Alvin Kamara on the board for Maye 3 years ago).

Fixed.

And Pat Mahomes on the board for Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Nice post OP.  JD has a coherent plan to build a roster.  How refreshing!  

This. 
 

Who knows if this draft will turn out to be a good one. Both top picks could bust, both could be great. The day 3 picks could be serviceable starters for 5 years or out of the league in 2. At this present moment, for me at least, I’m just happy we have a FO that seems to have a plan in mind and they are sticking to it. Also seems like Gase and Douglas are in this together which is probably the first time since Mangini Tannebaum era. 
 

like another thread last week, feel like this is something I never ( never in sports years) seen this with the jets before 

Competence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The safety can also play CB, apparently. 

I wouldn't be shocked if they play some 3-3-5 with 3 safeties.   It allows Jamal to play closer to the line and do whatever Greg wants him to do, while the other 2 play more back in coverage.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Exactly.  Why can't it be both quality AND quantity?  When you draft/sign a bunch of versatile athletes it can only help your roster. 

And multi-position versatility especially helps when injuries start to pile up.

The bigger news story is that he’s drafting actual athletes, using statistics, and matching value with needs. All the quality vs quantity stuff is a little simplistic and more speaks to the state of the roster rather than a preference for draft strategy necessarily. 

But that’s the other big thing, he actually has done an honest assessment of the state of our roster (not mac) and Is not mortgaging the future to build a roster (Tanny) and is not reaching or taking subpar athletes (all our previous gms) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to be mad at the draft so far, even if the specific players didn't fall the way one might have wanted, and even if the picks are more Defense-heavy than one may have wanted.

We have alot of needs, we're one of the least talented teams in the NFL going in.

We helped O-line (and Sam) with a top 4 O-line prospect.  Not the one I wanted, and not enough O-line for my preferences, but still, a great pick that should pay instant dividends.

We helped the WR Group (and Sam) with a quality WR prospect.  I don't agree with the after-action claiming he was really, secretly, a top prospect,, but he IS a solid prospect as a potential #1 WR.  Given how the draft fell and how hard WR got pounded early, this is good.  The extra pick Douglas got while still getting "his guy" was a huge win and shouldn't be ignored.

We then went Safety.  Head-scratcher till you think about it, and maybe then it makes sense.  Plays CB, Free Safety and Kick Returner?  Ok, that kind of D-backfield swiss army knife, high motor guy could be useful, and CB was a clear cut need position, even if I preferred filling it later.

We then went Edge.  Definitely not what I'd have done, but again, definitely a need.  Mid-Round EDGE doesn't ever seem to work for us (or most teams), it's one of those premier spots you really DO need to invest a high #1 on too often, but it was a clear cut need on this Jets roster.  I would have preferred waiting till 2021, but you cannot fault Douglas for providing at least a potential placeholder guy at this position of weakness for now.

And we traded our bonus pick and now have more picks today.  Two trades down, more picks, when we need depth more than one elite player, makes sense, great work by Douglas.

For me, personally, we didn;t get the specific guys I wanted.  Mostly due to how the draft fell, and some due to Douglas liking different guys and prioritizing differently than I would.  But we got four solid prospects all at spots of need, and that's hard to complain about tbqh.

Today, I continue to pound the "we need more WR and Oline" drum.  I don;t agree that the O-line is "good enough" and same for the WR group.  But clearly Douglas is going to do what he thinks is best, so it's exciting to see how he does today.  Big important day today.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with the quantity versus the quality approach is that you really don’t know which prospects are going to be great. So, I’ve always been a fan of quantity. For all we know we may have drafted a high quantity of great players.

It’s the Idzik approach but Douglas seems to have a vision of the type of culture and style of football the organization wants to see. And he’s hopefully a much better talent evaluator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trend I have noticed in 3 rounds is that JD seems to target the high end athletic player which explains why he may prefer to wait and take a Zuniga as opposed to taking a guy like Epenesa. 

Becton is probably the most freakish athlete at LT (factoring in his size) in a while. Not many 370lb guys can run a 5.1

Mims is as good of an athlete as you will find at WR this year. From draft profile: "If the route work and intensity catch up with his natural athletic ability,"

Ashtyn Davis- From his draft profile: "Monster athletic tester and scouts rave about A-plus character"

Zuniga- From his draft profile: "With Zuniga, you either buy into the flashes or you don't. He's an explosive athlete"

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I don't think of this like quantity instead of quality.  I think he is taking a shotgun approach and getting a bunch of high ceiling guys and hoping some stick.  That is what he did with Perriman and Fant in free agency and it is what he is getting with Becton, Mims, Davis, and Zuniga.  Literally the entire draft has a crazy ceiling.  Will they all hit?  I doubt it, but someone probably will.  I want another WR/gadget type.  Most of the guys I really loved are gone, but there are plenty of interesting guys left.  

I think this is a much better take on what JD has done so far. 

He’s bringing in exceptional athletes and hoping one or two can become true impact players.  

I definitely like the strategy - we can pick up average players in free agency, you can’t get stars there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...