****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Actually a lot of people have said the Jets have had one if the best drafts.  Unfortunately many of our fans are just doom and gloom about everything we do 

And they sure do love those flashy picks and freak out when we pick someone who is not on their radar screen.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We won this draft as soon as we put in the pick for Denzel Mims at 59.

Everything else has just been icing/fluff.  

I do agree with this and I do like the Clark pick. But we could have done much better in the fourth.

Yes it's a total crapshoot at this point but give yourself the best chance. It's a long shot Morgan is even a long term viable back up. Our running back has linebacker speed. It's poor. Especially given we could have doubled up at WR with legit high ceiling prospects there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why does every country artist sound the same?

Female and male. 

21st Century Yacht Rock.  That's exactly what it is.  When I had somebody try to get me interested in Kacey Musgraves I said "This is bouncier and more repetitive then Air Supply."

• Upvote 1

I gotta say, Douglas is a great strategist.
He almost doubled our picks this season off of Leonard Williams, and sheer trading down strategy while still managing to address all of our biggest holes.
Corner was an enormous hold coming into the draft we don't have an answer for yet. There was talks about signing Logan Ryan which might heat back up after the draft wonder if he comes on a one year deal. Only other thing I could think is maybe they will try ashtyn Davis at corner

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Think about it - the jets turned pick 48 into mims, Perine and Clark.  All offense, and all could wind up contributing this year.  That’s how you draft.

I wished more people saw this.  Unfortunately it’s the usual “Jets got owned by teams in front of them” nonsense 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Going to be really interesting to see how we handle the remaining free agent class. The OL looks rock solid now and Mims is ready to go. Add a proven pass rusher (Griffen, Clowney) and maybe trade for a vet WR and this team looks ready to push for the AFC East

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Why does every pick have to be flashy? We picked all offensive needs. RB, backup QB, and OT that will probably transition to guard. This will turn out to be the best draft we have had in a very long time. 

Everyone wants the explosive RB with a short shelf-life.  Nobody wants the guy whose ceiling is capped as an RB2 but can last a long time.  

Perine was my 4th favorite pick of this class.  He lacks flash but will do a lot of things well for us.  

We got our flashy, high upside picks in Rds 1-3.  In Rd 4 we drafted for needs and character.  Not exactly my preference.  But then again, there's a reason so much talent fell this far.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I wished more people saw this.  Unfortunately it’s the usual “Jets got owned by teams in front of them” nonsense 

I like Perine and Clark.  Don’t love the qb pick.  But they are going to move Clark inside to guard and really have 2 maulers on this line.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everyone wants the explosive RB with a short shelf-life.  Nobody wants the guy whose ceiling is capped as an RB2 but can last a long time.  

Perine was my 4th favorite pick of this class.  He lacks flash but will do a lot of things well for us.  

We got our flashy, high upside picks in Rds 1-3.  In Rd 4 we drafted for needs and character.  Not exactly my preference.  But then again, there's a reason so much talent fell this far.  

Preach it man.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ScouserJet said:

There's still so much on the board for 158 here.

Can the moaners please stop. Might not be a huge fan of the Perine pick, but this isn't as bad as you're all saying.  WR is coming!

4 WR's I was interested in at pick 79 are still just chilling on the board.  

There's a reason these guys dropped.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everything in Jets draft history is irrelevant.  New GM, hired in a new way (not ownership driven) with a very clearly different approach than his predecessors (reliance on athletes and willingness to trade down).  

This is not a Macc draft (safe picks/no awareness of positional importance).

This is not an Idzik draft.....yet (I admit he and JD's philosophies were  most similar of any of our prior GM's).  

This is not a Tannenbaum draft (he always traded UP because he couldn't trust his ability to identify mid/late round diamonds in the rough).  

This is not a typical Jets draft in general (emphasis on offense).

Different is better.  For those reasons alone this is an excellent draft, even if several or even half of these guys never pan out.  

I'm old enough to remember when each of their first drafts happened and what was being said at the time.

I really liked this 4th round.  Perine could be a Frank Gore type player. Not flashy but gets you 80 yards per game, not matter what. 

Morgan was a pre-draft sleeper and got some buzz late.  It was hard due to the circumstances but maybe he is another Flacco type find for Douglas.

Clark is the only one I know nothing about and after reading his profile, the one big thing that concerns me is his penalties.  There was a trend going with aquiring guys with low penalties.  Perhaps they can help Clark with that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

We possibly just drafted out 2 tackles in one draft.

What the heck is everyone complaining about?

I think Clarke will be more of a G who can play T than a pure T.  But that's still fine by me.  

He was probably a bit of a reach though.  I think he would have been there in the 5th or even the 6th.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

And they sure do love those flashy picks and freak out when we pick someone who is not on their radar screen.

+1 It's amazing that with all the Genius wanna be GM's on the board not 1 NFL team has asked Max for their contact info..B)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1