****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My board for Round 5/6:

1.  WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
  2.  WR Donovan Peoples-Jones
  3.  WR Tyler Johnson
  4.  WR Isaiah Hodgins
  5.  WR James Proche
  6.  WR John Hightower
  7.  WR Quez Watkins
  8.  WR Joe Reed
  9.  WR Quintez Cephus
  10.  WR K.D. Hill
  11.  WR Juwan Johnson
  12.  WR Omar Bayless
  13.  WR Isaiah Coulter
  14.  WR Aaron Parker
  15.  WR Collin Johnson
  16.  WR Courtney Davis
  17.  WR Freddy Swain
  18.  WR Dezmon Patton
  19.  WR Maurice Ffrench
  20.  WR Kirk Merritt

Not a Darnell Mooney fan? I'd love to get him late.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I like Perine and Clark.  Don’t love the qb pick.  But they are going to move Clark inside to guard and really have 2 maulers on this line.  

I admit Morgan I didn’t like taking at 125.  5th round ok but was t my cup of tea.  Other than that great draft

33 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Why does every pick have to be flashy? We picked all offensive needs. RB, backup QB, and OT that will probably transition to guard. This will turn out to be the best draft we have had in a very long time. 

Thank You.  

People are insane at times.  

Last year the Jets had a horrific OL, subpar WRs, average TE play, were handicapped by poor RB execution and somehow JD was going to magically fix all of this in the off-season and the first 3 rounds of the NFL Draft. 

Ummmmmm No....

Well this is real life not FF and JD is doing what should have been done 7 years ago and then we would be able to make different decisions now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

you dont know that

this only speculation on your part without a shred of evidence 

I didnt say I know it. I said "I bet", as in educated guess based off of available information. 

Folks who were hoping for a CB by now:  I think the secondary was more or less "set" from a draft standpoint once we drafted Davis. 

It seems like a slam dunk that Logan Ryan is going to get signed.  We probably have a handshake 1 or 2-year deal with him that will get announced not long after the draft.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We possibly just drafted out 2 tackles in one draft.

What the heck is everyone complaining about?

That’s our fan base lol.  As much as I love being a Jet Fan and respect so many of our fans we also have a lot of pessimistic whiners.  I understand we have had rough years but they act like we have never had a winning season lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:
BYe bye Edoga

Overview
Clark has good arm length and played almost exclusively at left tackle, but his game is better-suited at guard. He has good upper-body power to shock and plays with a mauler's demeanor when battling and finishing. Lateral quickness is below average in the run game and his pad level needs to be corrected for a move inside. He's not a slick move-and-mirror pass protector, but length and redirect power are weapons to work with if he can get his footwork and punch-timing shored up. He had outstanding moments against Clemson but didn't sustain that level of play throughout the season. The flashes are there but he needs to play with better consistency to make a mark.
Strengths
  • Two-year captain and three-year starter
  • Broad frame, long arms and big hands
  • Impressive pushing Clemson around at point of attack
  • Twitchy upper body with plenty of pop and strength
  • Ability to turn and secure man-on-man blocks
  • Quality effort level to recover in second phase
  • Filthy demeanor as block finisher in run game
  • Tackle experience and traits a plus inside
  • Punch should become more stout and consistent with work
Weaknesses
  • Ran penalty total too high in 2019
  • Below average quickness laterally and on pulls
  • Needs to play with much better pad level as drive blocker
  • Inconsistent anticipation of block angles
  • Feet lag behind, leading to some block slippage in sustain
  • Needs to vary his punch approach
  • Redirect steps are a little tardy
  • Allowed leakage from post on counters and from B-gap rushers

Why??? Edoga Has a Big Upside,,, it was his 1st season and he didn't play well... That doesn't mean he can't in the future.... I'll put it out there... I can see him playing Very Well This year.

• Upvote 2

So, does JD think that 4th round and above picks are total throwaways?  I don't know much about the back end of this draft class but these 3 guys seem pretty underwhelming.  A penalty prone OT, an inaccurate QB, and a RB projected to be a backup at best.  I hope I got it all wrong but these are a buzz kill for me.    

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I do agree with this and I do like the Clark pick. But we could have done much better in the fourth.

Yes it's a total crapshoot at this point but give yourself the best chance. It's a long shot Morgan is even a long term viable back up. Our running back has linebacker speed. It's poor. Especially given we could have doubled up at WR with legit high ceiling prospects there. 

4.6 is average nfl RB speed