****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Looking at the WR depth chart:

Crowder -Safe

Mims - Safe

Enunwa - Safe

Perriman- Safe

Berrios - Safe (2nd leading punt returner in the NFL)

Smith - Bubble

Doctson - Bubble

So there is 1 more spot potentially on the depth chart. I think that's why they're not drafting a ton of WR's, especially early.

If we're not taking a chance on WR's because we're counting on a proven failure like Josh Doctson someone needs to be fired.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: James Morgan, QB, Florida International - A+ Grade
This is a steal. James Morgan is the quarterback teams should've been targeting in the third round as someone who has loads of potential. Morgan is a smart quarterback with a nice arm and great leadership skills. He could easily end up being a starter in the NFL, and he's a nice project for the Jets to eventually flip into a second-round pick.

Kinda like the Eagles.......

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Or special teams starters? We need a kicker and punter. None taken so far and a couple seem worthy of a 6th round pick.

Good point ! I always assumed he’d fill those positions post draft, but I wouldn’t mind a legit kicker here if there is one. Haven’t done any studying on kickers or punters 

Who I am looking at in the 5th.....

1. Braden Mann P TAMU
  2. Bryce Hall CB UVA
  3. Javaris Davis CB Auburn
  4. Manny Patterson CB Maine
  5. Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon St
  6. Trishton Jackson WR Syracuse
  7. KJ Hill WR Ohio State
  8. Bradlee Anae Edge Utah
  9. Jason Strowbridge DE UNC
  10. Nick Harris C Washington
  11. Shane Lemieux G Oregon
  12. Isaiah Coulter WR Rhose Island
  13. Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
  14. Dane Jackson CB Pitt
  15. Dononan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan
  16. James Proche WR SMU
  17. Kameron Cline DE South Dakota
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think the draft so far shows that Logan Ryan is going to be a Jet.

Brian Winters is expendable. Avery Williamson is expendable. That gives them the money needed.

I'm wondering if they can get a 6th or 7th for each of them. I'm sure they're trying.

18 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Morgan was a good pick but Clark you could of gotten in the 6th round. 

And JD knew that, and still drafted him in the 4th. Clearly the guy JD wanted to reach for — rather than lose him.

Wonder how much the friendship /relationship with Becton played into this - almost making each pick a multiplier for the other. Building a unit. OL is chemistry as is Team culture. JD emphasizes culture. Would love a reporter to ask JD about the relationship impact on the selection 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This franchise loves Winters. He's not the best player but he seems to be a solid veteran voice in the locker room.  For a young offense with zero leaders on it I don't see how you can just send him off.

There's $7.5 million reasons why. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’d be cool of the organization to not chop a guy like Winters or Avery Williamson solely over money. They’ve been good team guys. At least give them a chance to earn a roster spot. It’s not like either guy is 35 years old.

Williamson maybe, Winters definitely. He's been a solid team guy this entire time. Plays through some serious injuries, never bitches. Jets have handled their home grown guys in some awfully ****ed up ways over the last ten years (see: Cotchery and Mangold) and I think a lot of this stuff matters in the larger scheme of things. Not to mention you need guys with enough standing in a huddle that can keep everyone focused when you get a Santonio/Miami situation. The guys Douglas drafted seem to be on that level but reality is rookie words don't count for sh*t. In seasons like this upcoming one the Jets need guys like Winters, who not only know the ins and outs of the league but the specific organization itself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hmmm..... I don’t think Enunwa ever sees a football field again.

I didn't even notice him at first when I commented on Doctson lol.

I though it was pretty much the consensus opinion that Enunwa is done. Do we save money by cutting him?

Another disastrous contract. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Williamson maybe, Winters definitely. He's been a solid team guy this entire time. Plays through some serious injuries, never bitches. Jets have handled their home grown guys in some awfully ****ed up ways over the last ten years (see: Cotchery and Mangold) and I think a lot of this stuff matters in the larger scheme of things. Not to mention you need guys with enough standing in a huddle that can keep everyone focused when you get a Santonio/Miami situation. The guys Douglas drafted seem to be on that level but reality is rookie words don't count for sh*t. In seasons like this upcoming one the Jets need guys like Winters, who not only know the ins and outs of the league but the specific organization itself. 

Maybe we can restructure their deals?  I wouldn't hate it.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If we're not taking a chance on WR's because we're counting on a proven failure like Josh Doctson someone needs to be fired.

You see how it says "Bubble" next the his name? That means he's replaceable by a draft pick. Maybe I should've used more emojis.

• Haha 1