****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Here is the explanation: 

WR was hoarded early and often, and all the LEGIT good ones were gone (for the most part) BEFORE we even got to our 2nd Round pick.

I'm not going to weep over not picking the 30th rated WR prospect.

Don't get me wrong, even with Mims the Jets today are still likely the worst WR unit in the NFL, and I'm not happy about that.

But sometimes it is what it is, and expecting Douglas to trade away everything to get another WR is unrealistic given how thin this team was.

JD eas smart and efficient, and he's filled ALOT of desperate need holes with athletic prospects.  Will they all hit, probably not.

But overall it's been a very good draft.

Maybe JD likes our WRs that are here. He has just as much tape on them as a draft pick

• Upvote 1

Hall is excellent value

will be a special teams ace as well

id love one more wideout and the punter in the 7th - gotta find a K in free agency too

Overall I think JD has Finally built us into a respectable NFL team without glaring weakness. The roster has been filled out. The OL is deep with 3 starting caliber tackles and competition everywhere across all positions.

• Upvote 3

Just now, David Harris said:

Hall is excellent value

will be a special teams ace as well

id love one more wideout and the punter in the 7th - gotta find a K in free agency too

Overall I think JD has Finally built us into a respectable NFL team without glaring weakness. The roster has been filled out. The OL is deep with 3 starting caliber tackles and competition everywhere across all positions.

This I can agree with 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like Johnson a lot, but he doesn't fit the bill for the kind of WRs we've been acquiring.  

Johnson is a lot like Chris Godwin who shone for them last year.  I'll be sorely disappointed if one of our 6th rounders is not a Wr

Just now, Beerfish said:

Johnson is a lot like Chris Godwin who shone for them last year.  I'll be sorely disappointed if one of our 6th rounders is not a Wr

Not sure I agree with that assessment.  Godwin has elite athleticism (9.72 RAS).  Johnson is more of a move-the-chains guy.