****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

Just now, JTJet said:

I love how many people on here are on their knees in front of JD for every pick cause...Jets. 

He made some good picks, some head scratchers, and now we wait and see. 

I hope the product on the field is as electric as you all seem to feel right now. 

Flights to the Superbowl are BOOKED!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I love how many people on here are on their knees in front of JD for every pick cause...Jets. 

I hope the product on the field is as electric as you all seem to feel right now. 

We are just being fair.  Nobody is saying it was a A plus every pick according to scouts we had one of the stronger drafts. It’s ok to be happy for a change 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this guy is as good a punter as advertised that's actually a very nice pick.  Field position is (obviously) important.

He really was amazing in college (as punters go).

It's the 6th round.   Yes, some New England QB was a 6th rounder, but having a really good punter can help a team.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

A lot of people on this site were on their knees for every mccagnan draft as well so nothing new.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Having a good punter may not win games, but having a bad punter surely will lose games. The sixth round and beyond is where you take a good punter.

I love the punter pick, jmo.  He'll give us hidden yards all over the place.  The other team's offense will be starting 10 yards further back every drive. 

• Upvote 3

Ok one last time.  15 picks away.  Let's finish this thing strong!  lol.  My board:

1.  WR Isaiah Hodgins
  2.  WR James Proche
  3.  WR Quez Watkins
  4.  WR K.J. Hill
  5.  WR Juwan Johnson
  6.  WR Omar Bayless
  7.  WR Courtney Davis
  8.  WR Aaron Parker
  9.  WR Dezmon Patton 
  10.  WR Freddy Swain
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

4 of the 5 Macc drafts I've just been sitting there shaking my head.  The 1 exception being when we took Darnold and I didn't care much who we took the rest of the draft.

I've been ecstatic about half the picks JD has made this year, and especially happy to see 2 trade downs.  

That's progress.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Hey once they decided lach edwards was not the guy it was a good pick.  I still do not think Edwards was a bad punter at all.

Was definitely the best punter we’ve had in years but he really regressed last season.

I wouldn’t have been against bringing him back at all, but at least Mann has legit Top 5 player at his position potential.

• Upvote 3

I do find it intriguing that in the early rounds, we expected multiple WRs to drop and reap the benefits late. We now have one pick left and some are suggesting that if it still isn’t WR, no worries...UDFA!! What will we be saying during the Bye week?

It seems JD’s and JN’s views on our WR status simply differ.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We are just being fair.  Nobody is saying it was a A plus every pick according to scouts we had one of the stronger drafts. It’s ok to be happy for a change 

It's not about being happy/sad. 

It's about being realistic. You're a Jets fan as much as I. We've heard the "great draft" praise many many times over the years. "Steal of the draft" how many times? What's it produced on the field. 

All I'm saying, is what im reading on this board seems to be overly optimistic about all this, and the same things were said during every regime change over dating back to forever. 

I dont even want to be right/wrong. I want everyone to temper their expectations realistically. 

• Upvote 2