****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok one last time.  15 picks away.  Let's finish this thing strong!  lol.  My board:

1.  WR Isaiah Hodgins
  2.  WR James Proche
  3.  WR Quez Watkins
  4.  WR K.J. Hill
  5.  WR Juwan Johnson
  6.  WR Omar Bayless
  7.  WR Courtney Davis
  8.  WR Aaron Parker
  9.  WR Dezmon Patton 
  10.  WR Freddy Swain

We have one more pick still?  And isn't there a post-draft scramble for free agents?  Is that going to be on TV as well?  I don't think it ever has been but it has been talked about.  Considering what's going on in the world right now, this would be the year to show it.

Just now, JTJet said:

It's not about being happy/sad. 

It's about being realistic. You're a Jets fan as much as I. We've heard the "great draft" praise many many times ove the years. "Steal of the draft" how many times? What's it produced on the field. 

All I'm saying, is what im reading on this board seems to be overly optimistic about all this, and the same things were said during every regime change over dating back to forever. 

I dont even eant to be right/wrong. I want everyone to temper their expectations realistically. 

We are realistic.  Nobody said every puck is gonna work out.  But you should be very happy with Douglas’s first draft.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JTJet said:

It's not about being happy/sad. 

It's about being realistic. You're a Jets fan as much as I. We've heard the "great draft" praise many many times ove the years. "Steal of the draft" how many times? What's it produced on the field. 

All I'm saying, is what im reading on this board seems to be overly optimistic about all this, and the same things were said during every regime change over dating back to forever. 

I dont even eant to be right/wrong. I want everyone to temper their expectations realistically. 

Why does that matter at all?  What do we have to lose?  We've already all lost our sanity years ago.  The Jets are lucky there are any of us left. 

I'll be optimistic as much as I'd like to be, especially when we've already seen a GM do things none of his predecessors did.  Tempering expectations is for the GM and coaches.  We're fans.  We can get excited as much as we'd like.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The worst offensive skill position players, and they take as many punters as wrs.  

Name the WR that makes the roster available at 191 

Mims, Perrinan, Crowder, Doctson, .......

which guy beats out smith or berrios?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

they do need one, only disappointment with this draft is the fact that they only took 1 wr.  But overall i think there will be good guys as UDFA they can target, and they really got pretty great value all over the board with their picks and basically built up the depth all over the roster.  This team had a ton of holes, JD essentially helped to fill portions of all of them. 

yea i agree. I was being silly for the most part... 

It's been a good draft. A solid UDFA signing like Hill or Hodges or the other Hill would put this one over the top

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Was definitely the best punter we’ve had in years but he really regressed last season.

I wouldn’t have been against bringing him back at all, but at least Mann has legit Top 5 player at his position potential.

Yeah, he went from 51 yards to 47. I will take it. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Besides Morgan, all of the draft picks can contribute from day 1. That's the real theme of this draft.  No small school guys in the 3rd who need time to develop.  The Jets needed help immediately and I think they got it.  

also very good value at the spots they were taken, all team captains too so youre getting a core of very high quality people in the building.  Finally a  GM that tells you what kind of players he's looking for and actually delivers guys in that mold.  All very solid players from this draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JTJet said:

That's my entire point.

None of JD's decisions or picks have looked like Macc picks.  For that alone I'm happy.

Big picture:  We drafted a lot of athletes at premium positions over the last 3 days.  And we traded down twice, something Macc couldn't do in 5 years.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok one last time.  15 picks away.  Let's finish this thing strong!  lol.  My board:

1.  WR Isaiah Hodgins
  2.  WR James Proche
  3.  WR Quez Watkins
  4.  WR K.J. Hill
  5.  WR Juwan Johnson
  6.  WR Omar Bayless
  7.  WR Courtney Davis
  8.  WR Aaron Parker
  9.  WR Dezmon Patton 
  10.  WR Freddy Swain

Any of your top 5 works for me, with Watkins my preference.

• Upvote 1

JD is definitely looking at the roster and picking players who can beat people out.  He was not paying Edwards.  Edwards was one of Macs best picks, but let someone else pay him.  

Free safety depth before?

He is also looking at players on one year contracts that will need replacing.  

Sarge will tell us soon enough what Current players are getting replaced. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does that matter at all?  What do we have to lose?  We've already all lost our sanity years ago.  The Jets are lucky there are any of us left. 

I'll be optimistic as much as I'd like to be, especially when we've already seen a GM do things none of his predecessors did.  Tempering expectations is for the GM and coaches.  We're fans.  We can get excited as much as we'd like.

Jeez, excuse us for getting excited. Have we been let down before, yes. But I am an optimist and JD is NO Mac or Idzik, thats evident.

• Upvote 2

yea i agree. I was being silly for the most part... 
It's been a good draft. A solid UDFA signing like Hill or Hodges or the other Hill would put this one over the top

I’m honestly even more excited to see what kind of UDFA talent JD can cultivate. Really anxious to see it. And with everyone working virtually, stuff will evolve pretty quickly too.
  • Upvote 2