Jets trade Leo for a Safety Yes. A Safety

So who saw that coming?

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? We were going to get back a WR or OL for him, I heard. Positional value and all that.

For months now I've said we won't know who won the trade until we see who the Jets pick, and how they perform.

That's still the case, I just find it funny how this played out last night.

Let the Trade Maye and /or Adams threads begin!!! LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 18
  • Haha 1

I'll be rooting for Davis. This thread isn't about him, per se.

It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.

Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.

We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, another 3rd round ER from U of Fla, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!

Oh yeah... we have a bunch of 4th round and back picks. :thumbup:

• Thumb Down 13

I'll be rooting for Davis. This thread isn't about him, per se.
It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.
Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.
We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!
Oh yeah... we have a bunch of 4th round and back picks. :thumbup:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So who saw that coming?

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? We were going to get back a WR or OL for him, I heard. Positional value and all that.

For months now I've said we won't know who won the trade until we see who the Jets pick, and how they perform.

That's still the case, I just find it funny how this played out last night.

Let the Trade Maye and /or Adams threads begin!!! LOL

Maye is gone after 2020 and maybe sooner.  Never fit the free safety role.  This pick has Greg Williams fingerprints all over.  

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

I feel like everything you post is anti jets, not all of it is wrong most of it is probably spot on 

Not really.

I've defended Adams, Leo and QW. I support Gase fully. I thought he did a really good job last year.

Again, this thread is for the "We fleeced poor senile Gettleman" crowd.

Davis might actually be my new favorite Jet next year.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

In a lost season, Gettleman gave the Jets third round and fifth rounders for a player that they were going to let walk at the end of the year. I don't care if the Jets drafted a chick kicker with that third rounder, that was a fleecing and a stupid move by the Giants. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Yes, I still feel we fleeced gettleman. The value of that trade doesn’t change as a result of the pick. 

As for the pick itself, if this kid can run, cover, play safety, CB, slot and return punts, he’s already 1000% more useful than Leo. You can get a run stuffing DT anytime.

Edit: also, we’re not paying a franchise tag amount for a guy that never produced, so there’s that. So stop whining and enjoy the brilliance of Joe D

• Upvote 2