Jets trade Leo for a Safety Yes. A Safety

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

I feel like everything you post is anti jets, not all of it is wrong most of it is probably spot on but This one is a complete reach, Leonard Williams wasn’t here in 2020 no matter what. We weren’t winning any more games with him last year so what was the point. A young prospect with a grade of a round higher and year sooner was well worth it 

I had my suspicions he was PatTx but he seems too big of a Giants fan for that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I'll be rooting for Davis. This thread isn't about him, per se.

It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.

Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.

We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, another 3rd round ER from U of Fla, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!

Oh yeah... we have a bunch of 4th round and back picks. :thumbup:

It looks like you’re definitely a half empty guy.

So who saw that coming?

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? We were going to get back a WR or OL for him, I heard. Positional value and all that.

For months now I've said we won't know who won the trade until we see who the Jets pick, and how they perform.

That's still the case, I just find it funny how this played out last night.

Let the Trade Maye and /or Adams threads begin!!! LOL

Seems he is going to play CB, FS and KR.

So not SS.

So I think a "wait and see how it works out" approach is best.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Man I can’t believe I forgot how many stupid takes there are after the draft. 

not the first and sadly won’t be the last either. 

Was this pick a shocker, and could/should we have went in a different direction?  Yes, but I love the draft so far outside of this pick(and that’s not to say I hate it, but just more of confused) but I trust Joe and if they see a roll for this kid, I’ll be rooting for him big time. 

• Upvote 2

So who saw that coming?

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? We were going to get back a WR or OL for him, I heard. Positional value and all that.

For months now I've said we won't know who won the trade until we see who the Jets pick, and how they perform.

This pick pissed me off because I wanted Baun,  IMO he's a day 1 starter and 3 down player.

That being said, I watched a couple Cal games this morning and came away very impressed.  This kid is going to give them another piece on defense who can do a ton of things for GW and keep offenses guessing when he's on the field with Jamal.

Would have loved Baun or another O-lineman, but it's not like they went out and got a guy who can only do one thing.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

Considering the run of safeties, the league disagrees with your assessment. Trotting out 3 safeties is a real trend in the nfl. We have one that has the speed and flexibility to cover and close in on plays. Davis was graded out as high as a late first first rounder. We picked him in the third and got our WR as well. Joe D and Williams obviously love him. What's the problem?

• Upvote 2

This post feels like it’s coming from a giants fan passing as a jets fan.  I didn’t love the pick at the time. But the more I dig into it the more I understand it. Not sure what Gettleman has to do with this pick at all other than somehow trying to act as though Gettleman outsmarted JD, which why would a Jets  fam have that take.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.

Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.

We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, another 3rd round ER from U of Fla, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!

This pretty much gives away that you’re trolling. You need to be more subtle.

This is a serious troll job here bub 

• Upvote 1

Davis will be a very good player for the Jets - if anything the criticism could be that he was selected too soon considering higher value options - unlike Mimms the board did not fall well for the Jets between these picks, and Zuniga was possibly the mistake (JD first panic move?);

68. New York Jets from Giants - Ashtyn Davis, S, California

69. Seattle Seahawks from Panthers - Damien Lewis, G, LSU

70. Miami Dolphins - Brandon Jones, S, Texas

71. Baltimore Ravens from Patriots, Chargers - Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M

72. Arizona Cardinals - Josh Jones, OT, Houston

73. Jacksonville Jaguars - Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State

74. New Orleans Saints from Browns - Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin

75. Indianapolis Colts - Jonah Jackson, G, Ohio State

76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ke’Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt

77. Denver Broncos - Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa

78. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Hennsessy, C, Temple

79. New York Jets - Jabari Zuniga, DE, Florida (have to hope Greg Williams wanted this pick)

83. Denver Broncos from Steelers - Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU

So who saw that coming?

The guy had no balue here. Soneone on the DL had to go and Leo got us back the best value in trade. No idea why you have a  issue with that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Said nobody. Ever.

So you were hoping for the Jets to go Safety there last night?

No one was hoping for a safety.  But any production he provides is greater than paying Leonard Williams 17M or releasing Leonard Williams for nothing.  Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So who saw that coming?

You keep forgetting, Leo is just a warm body, nothing more.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So who saw that coming?

dunk fail GIF
slam dunk of an argument... ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So who saw that coming?

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? 

JD certainly fleeced Gettleman in getting a third for Leo on a contract year. Anything that happened after that is irrelevant to the fact that JD owned him. 

Speaking of Gettleman - did you see that jerkoff sitting in his office alone take out a mask to put it on for the camera? Cringe my face off.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This is so wrong it is almost sad. Some facts:

1. Leo was NOT getting an extension from the Jets

2. Our defense was no worse and probably better WITHOUT HIM

So the reality is that literally anything we get for Leo makes the Jets a better team

In terms of the word "safety". Seems like people always forget that there are Strong Safeties and Free Safeties.

FS is actually a position that does not really exist on the Jets right now so that is a good hole to plug.

But Davis is not just a FS. He was announced as a DB and will play many roles in this defense: FS, slot corner, dime, robber, He was also effective at times in the weak side role, so we can fake Adams in the box and switch to Davis for pass rush.

Davis >>>>>>>>>>a player that in no scenario was on the team this year.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JD certainly fleeced Gettleman in getting a third for Leo on a contract year. Anything that happened after that is irrelevant to the fact that JD owned him. 

Speaking of Gettleman - did you see that jerkoff sitting in his office alone take out a mask to put it on for the camera? Cringe my face off.

In Gettlemans defense he is recovering from lymphoma and is at especially high risk. It wasnt some publicity thing.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

In Gettlemans defense he is recovering from lymphoma and is at especially high risk. It wasnt some publicity thing.

It was 100% a publicity thing. If it was for his health he would have been wearing it at all times. He waited until he thought the tv was putting him on to put it on. They showed it. He was sitting there doing his thing then realized his pick was coming up and put it on. He's a jerkoff.

• Thumb Down 1