Jets trade Leo for a Safety Yes. A Safety

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'll be rooting for Davis. This thread isn't about him, per se.

It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.

Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.

We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, another 3rd round ER from U of Fla, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!

Oh yeah... we have a bunch of 4th round and back picks. :thumbup:

What the hell does this pick have to do with Gettleman

Are you projecting because Jones is just another QB you enjoy tweeting Jets fans over?  

We have a SS paying FS in Maye.  He has issues playing FS.  Struggles with coverage.  He has issues staying on the field.  And hes 27 going into his second contract

The pick makes sense 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I hope they never close the golf courses in South Carolina. Then you will see a real grumpy @14 in Green.

You're not kidding.

I had a tee time an hour after I started this thread. Just got back home.

Apparently a lot of people here like the pick... I wonder how many of them had us taking a Safety with the Early 3rd pick?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He absolutely does not.

Adams is a prototypical SS and Smith is a FS.

Maye is now expendable

Watch the tape.  Smith is tough and a good tackler

he’s getting labeled as a FS because he’s fast and a ball hawk but he can play both spots 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Watch the tape.  Smith is tough and a good tackler

he’s getting labeled as a FS because he’s fast and a ball hawk but he can play both spots 

Youre not serious are you?

Hes a FS who's so good in coverage an so quick he may slide to CB for us.

Hes not a SS.  

And anywhere in the same neighborhood as what Jamal brings to the team as SS.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

What people are not understanding about this pick is that it was to benefit Jamal Adams not trade him. A player that can play single high free safety allows Adams to make even more plays at and behind the line of scrimmage.

That very well may be, however he's going to be the starting FS someday for the JETS I believe, and I'd be having a conversation with Adams to ask him does he want to be part of this team or not. If his salary demands remain unrealistic, then I just as well move Maye to SS, or draft one next year and look to unload Adams to whatever team wants to trade for him.

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Not really.

I've defended Adams, Leo and QW. I support Gase fully. I thought he did a really good job last year.

Again, this thread is for the "We fleeced poor senile Gettleman" crowd.

Davis might actually be my new favorite Jet next year.

Don't kid yourself.  You are the most consistently anti-Jets poster on this board.  You make PatsfanTX look like a homer.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm wondering if everyone who told me that JD fleeced Gettleman in that trade still feel that way this morning? We were going to get back a WR or OL for him, I heard. Positional value and all that.

1) JD 100 % fleeced Gettleman in the trade. 

2) FS/CB hybrid is a position of importance AND a need.  We currently don't have any FS's on the roster. 

No one would ever argue Minkah Fitzpatrick or Tyrann Mathieu don't play premium positions or that they aren't worth the resources devoted to them.  Davis comes from that mold.

I didn't love the pick at the time and still would probably give it about a B.  But I imagine he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.  

• Upvote 1

I'll be rooting for Davis. This thread isn't about him, per se.

It's for all the people here who've been mocking Gettleman the last few months, saying he's senile and how we fleeced him.

Look at the Giants draft this year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to switch our picks in this draft for his. Thomas, McKinney(since we apparently need another Safety)  and Peart? We would've been ecstatic.

We got a boom/bust guy in Bechton, the WR nobody wanted to pick, another 3rd round ER from U of Fla, and... ANOTHER Safety!!!!

Oh yeah... we have a bunch of 4th round and back picks. :thumbup:

Gettleman has proven adept at picking middle round talent.  I'll give him credit there.  

He's been awful with his bigger decisions.  Taking a RB at # 2 overall rather than trading down.  The Daniel Jones pick.  Trading critical draft capital for a non-pass rushing DT when you''re a rebuilding team.  Those were awful decisions.

• WTF? 1

So who saw that coming?

I saw that coming. Anyone who thought this franchise wasn't going to commit a significant amount of draft capital to DB and DL yet again has not been paying attention.

There is no Bradway. There is no Tannenbaum. There is no Idzik. There is no Macaggnan. There is no Douglas. There is only NYJ. 

Just now, nico002 said:

Trolls gonna troll 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

1) JD 100 % fleeced Gettleman in the trade. 

2) FS/CB hybrid is a position of importance AND a need.  We currently don't have any FS's on the roster. 

No one would ever argue Minkah Fitzpatrick or Tyrann Mathieu don't play premium positions or that they aren't worth the resources devoted to them.  Davis comes from that mold.

I didn't love the pick at the time and still would probably give it about a B.  But I imagine he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.  

If I told the two of you on Wednesday we were going to take a Safety with the Leo pick, and only one WR through 5 rounds, what would you have said?

That's what happened, but today you're good with it. Okay.  

=;

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I saw that coming. Anyone who thought this franchise wasn't going to commit a significant amount of draft capital to DB and DL yet again has not been paying attention.

There is no Bradway. There is no Tannenbaum. There is no Idzik. There is no Macaggnan. There is no Douglas. There is only NYJ. 

Our secondary needs a lot of help, we Also drafted two o lineman, a wr, a Rb, a backup QB and a punter. Not sure how that constitutes a lot of draft capital on DL and secondary.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If I told the two of you on Wednesday we were going to take a Safety with the Leo pick, and only one WR through 5 rounds, what would you have said?

That's what happened, but today you're good with it. Okay.  

=;

My next question would have been "Free Safety or Strong Safety"?

And I already stated earlier in the thread that he was not my preference.  That doesn't make it a bad pick at all.  And it certainly doesn't negate Douglas' dominance over Gettleman in the trade. 

Got any more strawman arguments for me today?  This is fun.

21 minutes ago, Jetstimeisnow said:

Our secondary needs a lot of help, we Also drafted two o lineman, a wr, a Rb, a backup QB and a punter. Not sure how that constitutes a lot of draft capital on DL and secondary.

He had nothing to say yesterday after we'd invested high draft capital in an OT and WR.  Now he's in full whine mode, without offering any alternatives to who we SHOULD have taken in rounds 3-6.  It's pretty funny.