Jets trade Leo for a Safety Yes. A Safety

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My next question would have been "Free Safety or Strong Safety"?

And I already stated earlier in the thread that he was not my preference.  That doesn't make it a bad pick at all.  And it certainly doesn't negate Douglas' dominance over Gettleman in the trade. 

Got any more strawman arguments for me today?  This is fun.

Next he’ll tell you Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are good at playing QB in the league. And he’ll actually mean it and call you the troll for disagreeing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Next he’ll tell you Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are good at playing QB in the league. And he’ll actually mean it and call you the troll for disagreeing.

Oh he already had Baker in the Hall of Fame.  He is gonna need some lifts though at the podium  ? 

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

What people are not understanding about this pick is that it was to benefit Jamal Adams not trade him. A player that can play single high free safety allows Adams to make even more plays at and behind the line of scrimmage.

Jamal Adams:  Our new ILB2.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He had nothing to say yesterday after we'd invested high draft capital in an OT and WR.  Now he's in full whine mode, without offering any alternatives to who we SHOULD have taken in rounds 3-6.  It's pretty funny.  

I won’t pretend to be a college football guru or a draft guru, but it seems JD is putting a huge emphasis on speed and athleticism. That is a welcome change from our prior GMs. Davis fits that mold. I’m willing to give JD the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong. Maybe that guy knows college football better than me and knows things we don’t know.

• Upvote 1