Did the Redskins overplay their Trent Williams hand?

Absolutely and he ain't getting 20 million a year from anybody! Looks like the diva era is over completely thank God! Hi I just had cancer I've been injured 40% of my career I haven't played in 2 years but I want 20 million! It's laughable tell him to go scratch his ass and good luck

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, section314 said:

Espn reported that Williams himself vetoed a trade to the Vikings. With all the OT's taken, and still to be taken, did they get too cute?

JD will trade a #4 today for him 😮

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why would Williams veto a trade if he wanted out of washington so bad?

He denies it, but ESPN said sources confirmed the deal was agreed to. Supposedly, The Vikings added an extra pick to the deal. Maybe he hates Cousins?😎

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Absolutely and he ain't getting 20 million a year from anybody! Looks like the diva era is over completely thank God! Hi I just had cancer I've been injured 40% of my career I haven't played in 2 years but I want 20 million! It's laughable tell him to go scratch his ass and good luck

Trent Williams’ agent Vince Taylor released a statement this week asking that Washington trade or release his client, which comes after protracted acrimony between the two sides and amid reports that Williams is looking for $20 million a season in a new contract.

A contract demand of that size would limit the bidders for the left tackle, but Taylor said on Thursday that his client isn’t looking for that kind of payout. Taylor called that demand “totally false” during an appearance on 106.7 The Fan and said “the contract has never been the holdup” when asked if Williams would hypothetically accept a deal paying him $16 million a year.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

They are saying Trent will probably be traded today. Any interest? I think if the contract were right it would be a good move. Could put Becton at RT for now. Fant as back up. Maybe slide Edoga inside to guard.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I would think the Redskins are pretty desperate to trade him, so you could probably get him for a steal. The problem is that with Becton and Fant, I don't think it makes sense for us at this point. We didn't sign Fant to be a backup. 

I would think the Redskins are pretty desperate to trade him, so you could probably get him for a steal. The problem is that with Becton and Fant, I don't think it makes sense for us at this point. We didn't sign Fant to be a backup. 

I think Fant is on just a one year deal. Plus he can be that flex tackle who can play TE in goal line. Nothing wrong with depth and competition. None of the three guys we have are sure things.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

They are saying Trent will probably be traded today. Any interest? I think if the contract were right it would be a good move. Could put Becton at RT for now. Fant as back up. Maybe slide Edoga inside to guard.

Absolutely, if Mekhi has Ogden like talent, nothing better than to bring in a role model veteran to play with while giving us a tremendous line for time being.

Like lining up Tim Duncan and David Robinson. 

And while I typed this he got traded! Nevermind, same applies to Jason Peters!