Lamical Perine

9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

He looks pretty athletic to me. Not sure what you are seeing there. 

I like perine but he is not athletic, at least not for a RB. All of his athletic measurables were pretty weak compared to other RB prospects.

With that said, I'd rather take a RB with good vision, can break tackles and is an above average pass catcher over an elite athlete that's pretending to be a RB.

• Upvote 1

Just joking with you. No offense meant. Enjoyed your videos.

No no no. I didn’t think you were being a duck or anything. I wanted to know what you saw ! lol

I can’t put myself out there and not be ready for disagreement man. It’s all good.
Do you really think I thought the raiders were giving up 2 1sts, Carr, and a 2nd to move up to grab burrow? lmao!! Just having done fun.

I will say that a few of my “finds” are on the Jets. Bryce hall UVA ( where I live), Lamical perine Florida, Zuniga and perine from Florida.
I did ok man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, JiF said:

I think he'll be a very good complimentary back in the NFL.  Similar to Powell.  He does everything well.  Good blend of power/elusiveness/vision.  Rarely losses yardage and for a guy who clocked 4.6, I've seen him break away for big TD's.  Catches the ball well.  Picks up blocks well.  Knows where the 1st down marker is and has a really good feel for how to get to it.  Clutch performer, just always seem to find a way to make a play and was a go to guy for the Gators offense when they need a play.  Can get skinny and find little holes.  More of a one cut and go guy but he does have some wiggle.   He'll never carry the load but I think he'll have a similar career to Powell. 

Here's my what I wrote about him pre-combine:

RB - 5'11 220 - Lamical Perine - 4 years with the team, Perine was a consummate professional at the collegiate level.  Perine delivered some big plays in some big moments for the Gators, specifically an 88 yard run vs. Auburn to put a nail in the coffin this year. Perine suffered through the worst offensive years of the Gators under McElwain but really became an integral part of the Mullen offense the last 2 years.  He was the 3rd leading receiver on the team this year but mostly out of necessity.  Watching Perine was like watching Bell this year.  The OL was completely inept in the run game.  Mullen was almost going straight Leach style out there because the Gators were so terrible at running the Football.  He's got great hands, can make you miss, pick up blocks, doesnt have elite speed but fast enough.  Fights for every yard.  The Gators OL figured out how to block in the Orange Bowl and Perine was looking like a 3 down back made for the NFL.   He went 13-138-2 and 5-43-1 in the Orange Bowl.  Could be a solid day 3 sleeper in a RBBC scenario. 

nice write, jiffyloob

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If Le'Veon Bell isn't a top five RB this year, he's gone next year. They probably already have him erased from next year's roster. At just $4M in dead money but $9.5M in cap savings, that's a easy place to snip. I believe the rumors that Gase never wanted him and that he doesn't fit what Gase wants to do in the running game. The Jets have done a lot of work on the OL, but I don't know if it's good enough to support Bell's hesitant running style just yet. If a guy like Perine can get on the field and average more per rush than Bell (like Powell did last year), Bell is definitely toast. And I think that's at least a 50-50 proposition. I think Perine's one-cut style is a much better fit here. 

I don't see him as a #1 back, but I don't think Gase necessarily wants a #1 back, anyway. I think he's a RBBC guy, which is my preference as well. I think Perine is the first committee member of 2021. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/25/2020 at 1:20 PM, Jet Nut said:

NFL Scout: Anthony McFarland's Character 'Absolutely Atrocious,' 'Like a Child'

Per The Athletic's Bob McGinn, an anonymous scout said his team took McFarland off the board because "his football character is absolutely atrocious" and he behaves "like a child."

Maaaama

• Haha 1