Jump to content

Bills add Fromm. They now have 1 QB on their roster.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Titan24 said:

I don’t understand the josh Allen hatred on this forum.... seems like a good kid and not to mention has had some good moments 

Agreed.  Josh Allen has balls.

Honestly,  something we don't if Sam Darnold has yet...

  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold has taken brutal hits time and again and gotten back up fighting.  In no way, shape or form can lack of toughness be a critique of him.  

It's not exactly toughness in the literal sense, I'm referring to.   

More like the internal "fire" needed in a competitior.  I see it in Josh Allen.   Darnold?  I just dont know yet...

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

I don’t understand the josh Allen hatred on this forum.... seems like a good kid and not to mention has had some good moments 

He is a good kid.  I like him better than the midget in Cleveland ? but other than being a good runner I don’t see much.  Eventually he is gonna get killed no matter how much they protect him.  Just not a fan of Running QBs 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK.  Well in that sense I've seen nothing that suggests Darnold lacks that either.

When I watch Darnold, I see his gifts.   But I don't see that, "I hate losing" attribute that top QBs have. 

He got beat up behind one of the worst OLs in NFL history. I just want to see him with that confidence the great ones have when they break the huddle.  Marino was the man at that...

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

It's not exactly toughness in the literal sense, I'm referring to.   

More like the internal "fire" needed in a competitior.  I see it in Josh Allen.   Darnold?  I just dont know yet...

 

I mean one thing you can say about Sam that he has fire and mental toughness.  Allen at least had a great line and weapons while Sam had nada and still showed “fire” and toughness 

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

When I watch Darnold, I see his gifts.   But I don't see that, "I hate losing" attribute that top QBs have. 

He got beat up behind one of the worst OLs in NFL history. I just want to see him with that confidence the great ones have when they break the huddle.  Marino was the man at that...

 

I really don't have a clue what games you're watching then.  This is literally the last thing I would ever complain about regarding Darnold. 

All of his problems are mechanical and mental (from a football standpoint) in nature.  Bad throws off his back feet.  Inaccuracy.  Turnovers and bad mistakes.  

Personality, leadership, tenacity....he's checks every box with those attributes.  And most certainly its not a situation where Josh Allen has those qualities and Darnold doesn't.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Titan24 said:

I don’t understand the josh Allen hatred on this forum.... seems like a good kid and not to mention has had some good moments 

 

Just now, RoadFan said:

Agreed.  Josh Allen has balls.

Honestly,  something we don't if Sam Darnold has yet...

 

Just now, RoadFan said:

It's not exactly toughness in the literal sense, I'm referring to.   

More like the internal "fire" needed in a competitior.  I see it in Josh Allen.   Darnold?  I just dont know yet...

 

@Jetsfan80 isn't serious, he's smarter than this. He and  @Jets723 just trolling, and nobody takes that phil guy seriously. Let them have their fun.

Last year it was Lamar Jackson they were making fun of. This year Allen will join him as an MVP candidate.

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

 

 

@Jetsfan80 isn't serious, he's smarter than this. He and  @Jets723 just trolling, and nobody takes that phil guy seriously. Let them have their fun.

Last year it was Lamar Jackson they were making fun of. This year Allen will join him as an MVP candidate.

 

 

I never once made fun of Lamar Jackson.  He was my # 3 QB in that class.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

I never once made fun of Lamar Jackson.  He was my # 3 QB in that class.  

Me neither.  I gave him his props.  I just wasnt calling him a HOF quite yet lol.  My only point was that the Ravens Bills and Chiefs did a great job building around their young QBs while our former GM did the exact opposite. You need protection and some weapons to be successful.  I stand by what I said about Allen but I give the Bills credit for giving him protection and a lot of help to shield his weaknesses from showing up too much.  I think he is a good kid but I don’t think he is a real good QB other than his running ability 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Allen at least had a great line and weapons while Sam had nada and still showed “fire” and toughness 

The mental gymnastics........

The Bills line is not great. It's average to below average. 

The weapons consisted of two ok WRs, the corpse of frank gore and a rookie RB and TE.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Bills are getting Sanchez'd.  Any postseason success they have will be in spite of him. 

:yawn:     RIIIIIIGHT !    QB's have little to do with a teams success. Spare me the Zen......  Gotta love the haters.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

:yawn:     RIIIIIIGHT !    QB's have little to do with a teams success. Spare me the Zen......  Gotta love the haters.

Mark Sanchez was the worst starter on the field for the 2009 and 2010 teams.  Just like Tim Tebow was the worst starter on the team for the 2011 Broncos.

Teams can, and do, get to the playoffs with dogsh*t QB's.  Allen is one of them.  

It's not me being a "hater".  It's just the truth.  I was saying this would be the case with Allen before he even got drafted, and I'd be saying them now if the Jets hadn't lucked into Darnold and took Allen at 3 instead. 

He has significant flaws that will prevent him from ever being a successful QB in this league.  Incredible runner with a powerful arm.  Awful in accuracy and ball security/decision making.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Titan24 said:

I don’t understand the josh Allen hatred on this forum.... seems like a good kid and not to mention has had some good moments 

Once Buffalo cuts him he’s going to be a good Jet when Sam lobbies Douglas to give him the Brad Smith role. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mark Sanchez was the worst starter on the field for the 2009 and 2010 teams.  Just like Tim Tebow was the worst starter on the team for the 2011 Broncos.

Teams can, and do, get to the playoffs with dogsh*t QB's.  Allen is one of them.  

It's not me being a "hater".  It's just the truth.  I was saying this would be the case with Allen before he even got drafted, and I'd be saying them now if the Jets hadn't lucked into Darnold and took Allen at 3 instead. 

He has significant flaws that will prevent him from ever being a successful QB in this league.  Incredible runner with a powerful arm.  Awful in accuracy and ball security/decision making.  

Yet Sanchez got us within a game of the Super Bowl. Spare me.

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, the bills are playing a must win game late in the season against a team they are clearly better than. Who would you rather have behind (josh can’t go under) center? Allen or Fromm?

If the Bills are clearly the better team, Allen is fine.  His athleticism gets him past weak opponents.

It's when he goes up against playoff-caliber or even above average defenses that he runs into trouble.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yet Sanchez got us within a game of the Super Bowl. Spare me.

Sanchez didn't get us anywhere.  He was along for the ride on the game's best roster.  He cost us a chance at a Super Bowl. 

He's the guy who managed to lose a game when his team ran for 300+ yards on the ground.  He's the guy that lost game after game where the defense held opponents to 14 or fewer points.

You spare me with the revisionist history.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Once Buffalo cuts him he’s going to be a good Jet when Sam lobbies Douglas to give him the Brad Smith role. 

SAR I

Cuts him?  I think Sam is better but I guarantee this kid will beat this jets team a bunch of times next 10 yrs 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...