Sign in to follow this  
Barton

madden next "hit stick" type move??

they should put the donovin darius clothesline move in next years game LMFAO :mrgreen:

how sweet would it be if a WR catched the ball across the middle and while running free you come out of nowhere and close line his a#@ to the ground!

I LMFAO just thinking about it. of course this will never happen because its a terrible dangerous move in the nfl as seen by what happened to nick ferguson of the packers, but it would make the game really fun! :lol::lol:

they should put the donovin darius clothesline move in next years game LMFAO :mrgreen:

how sweet would it be if a WR catched the ball across the middle and while running free you come out of nowhere and close line his a#@ to the ground!

I LMFAO just thinking about it. of course this will never happen because its a terrible dangerous move in the nfl as seen by what happened to nick ferguson of the packers, but it would make the game really fun! :lol::lol:

I think that the hit stick feature already does sometimes have the guy clothesline another player on a hit.

I think that the hit stick feature already does sometimes have the guy clothesline another player on a hit.

Yes it does. There are several hit stick moves which should result in a flag, but I suppose EA think they will sell more copies of the game with it.

I hate the hit stick because it can completely stop a player's momentum even if the tackler is taking a bad angle. Plus there is the fact the AI overuses the hit stick and rarely misses.

They need a way to make the DT more of a force, maybe some type of elite swim move that acts a boom/bust like the hit stick.

Love Madden and think Madden 05 made defense better, but still there are many bullsh*t offensive plays that are almost unstoppable. Not to mention Randy Moss is the cheapest player in the game.

They need a way to make the DT more of a force, maybe some type of elite swim move that acts a boom/bust like the hit stick.

Love Madden and think Madden 05 made defense better, but still there are many bullsh*t offensive plays that are almost unstoppable. Not to mention Randy Moss is the cheapest player in the game.

I agree about the DT. and DEs should have a move where they fake/juke to the left or right and push aside the tackle and go after the QB, right now its just unfair. you have DEs with 80 or less strength trying to bullrush tackles with 90+ strength, it just doesn't work like that. they need to even that out. and when DTs or DEs try to spin off the lineman it needs to actually work.

clothesline hit stick, I love it!

I agree about the DT. and DEs should have a move where they fake/juke to the left or right and push aside the tackle and go after the QB, right now its just unfair. you have DEs with 80 or less strength trying to bullrush tackles with 90+ strength, it just doesn't work like that. they need to even that out. and when DTs or DEs try to spin off the lineman it needs to actually work.

clothesline hit stick, I love it!

Just get a fast DE and run around the tackle. I easily get at least 20 sacks a year with Abe.

Just get a fast DE and run around the tackle. I easily get at least 20 sacks a year with Abe.

in all madden??

are you frickin serious??? 20 sacks??

in all madden??

are you frickin serious??? 20 sacks??

Yes, on All Madden.

27 sacks, to be exact.

Yes, on All Madden.

27 sacks, to be exact.

Is that even possible on All Madden? Man, that is impressive.

how the frick did you do that?? did you play with Abe standing up in a 4-3? 3-4? 4-6?

???

how the frick did you do that?? did you play with Abe standing up in a 4-3? 3-4? 4-6?

???

He has to be moving him all over the place. Definately not playing straight on all Madden and getting 27 sacks. If he is that is fricken scary

He has to be moving him all over the place. Definately not playing straight on all Madden and getting 27 sacks. If he is that is fricken scary

you're tellin me! I'd be lucky to get Abraham 6 sacks a year

most of the time he sacks the QB, but somehow the QB gets the pass off while being knocked to the ground :roll:

I like the idea of a powerfull rush move for d lineman. But there are planty of ways to bring the heat in this years game with the defensive line.

A better way to get more realistic sack totals is to leave the linemen as they are, but improve the AI to stop the QB from making ridiculous passes with his back to the receivers and take a sack instead.

I also agree with EricBarton50 that too many times the ball falls directly to the floor, incomplete, just as the sack is coming.

A better way to get more realistic sack totals is to leave the linemen as they are, but improve the AI to stop the QB from making ridiculous passes with his back to the receivers and take a sack instead.

do you mean decrease the QBs AI?? if so how do you do that? I'm not sure what you mean

do you mean decrease the QBs AI?? if so how do you do that? I'm not sure what you mean

He means for the programmers to fix the problem next year ;)

is it just me, or is the running sluggish in '05. in '04 i was breakin' ankles online. i was pretty damn nasty with the stop & go stuff. i can see why they would want to tone that down, but it seems thet went overboard in doing so. :cry:

is it just me, or is the running sluggish in '05. in '04 i was breakin' ankles online. i was pretty damn nasty with the stop & go stuff. i can see why they would want to tone that down, but it seems thet went overboard in doing so. :cry:

I agree RB's have been toned down a little and running outside is tough against a normal defense without using the juke glitch. However, when a defense stacks the box against you running to the outside opens up. Also, when running inside the goal is to slow down and follow your blocks well. DO NOT HIT SPEED BURST. Some backs in madden are actually too fast to run inside and I have seen people run thier RB's with thier heads down (triangle button) in order to slow them down and follow thier blocks through the hole.

stop and go move? how do you do that??

another stupid thing the programmers need to fix....

sometimes the QB drops back to hand the ball off, and he gets tackled behind the line but it doesn't count as a sack?? That really pisses me off, because it happens frequently for me because I have fast defensive ends who always attack the QB.

I spread out my defensive line and hit "up" on the analog stick to make them rush to the outside. D-Rob normally blows right by his man or takes up two blockers, leaving it fairly easy for me to get the sack with Abe.

I play on 13 minute accelerated quarters. Takes about 10 minutes longer than a regular game.

I spread out my defensive line and hit "up" on the analog stick to make them rush to the outside. D-Rob normally blows right by his man or takes up two blockers, leaving it fairly easy for me to get the sack with Abe.

I play on 13 minute accelerated quarters. Takes about 10 minutes longer than a regular game.

wow wow. how do you play acclerated quarters. I play 5 minute quarters, and which analog stick do you hit up with? the left joystick or the right joystick??

wow wow. how do you play acclerated quarters. I play 5 minute quarters, and which analog stick do you hit up with? the left joystick or the right joystick??

The accelerated clock is an option in the "game option" section.

You loop the defenders on a outside pass rush by hitting the right analog stick up. Down has them crash in, left to the left and right to the right.

The accelerated clock is an option in the "game option" section.

You loop the defenders on a outside pass rush by hitting the right analog stick up. Down has them crash in, left to the left and right to the right.

when I do that it makes Abraham drop back into a zone....

up (towards yourself)

or down (towards the tv)

? sorry, I am kinda stupid like this. lol

up (towards yourself)

or down (towards the tv)

You have to tell the entire defensive line by pressing the defensive line command (L1 or left trigger.), then push up on the right analog stick. I also switched Abe and Ellis so that Abe plays beside D-Rob.

up (towards yourself)

or down (towards the tv)

You know how when you spread your line you hit L1 and then up on the D Pad? Well this time hit L1 and up on your right analog stick (both towards the TV). If you hit down towards yourself it will crash your line in. Let me know how it works out.

thanks troll and rsherry, I'll have to try that out tomorrow or maybe today

good point troll, ellis is probably better suited to be a RE and Abe to be a LE (in the game anyways)

it definetly helped with my defensive ends!!!

but I think it makes it much harder for DTs to get sacks when you spread out the dline and make it an outside rush..........

right???

it definetly helped with my defensive ends!!!

but I think it makes it much harder for DTs to get sacks when you spread out the dline and make it an outside rush..........

right???

If you are playing as the DE slide him outside 2 notches and it should free up you DT.

If you are playing as the DE slide him outside 2 notches and it should free up you DT.

thanks for the tip rsherryjr, but I play FS.

Is there any way to have the DTs just rush inside while the DEs rush outside. that would be good.

thanks for the tip rsherryjr, but I play FS.

Is there any way to have the DTs just rush inside while the DEs rush outside. that would be good.

You can have the DT's rush straight up by being on them and clicking the right analog stick down.

I control Abe.

D-Rob normally gets about 15 sacks playing alongside him. D-Rob is a beast, although he never improves no matter what you do. The progression for defensive linemen is ridiculous.

I control Abe.

D-Rob normally gets about 15 sacks playing alongside him. D-Rob is a beast, although he never improves no matter what you do. The progression for defensive linemen is ridiculous.

it's beyond ridiculous. Drob with only 62 speed??? HE RAN a 4.8 at the combines!!! I bumped his speed up to 70, lol. If Tommy Harris can have 72 speed, and kevin williams can have 70 speed and fat b!tch vince wilfork can have 66 speed that I'll be damned if Dewayne Robertson doesn't have at least 70 speed!

And don't get me started on his stupid 86 strength ranking, ugh. I bumped that up to 91

it's beyond ridiculous. Drob with only 62 speed??? HE RAN a 4.8 at the combines!!! I bumped his speed up to 70, lol. If Tommy Harris can have 72 speed, and kevin williams can have 70 speed and fat b!tch vince wilfork can have 66 speed that I'll be damned if Dewayne Robertson doesn't have at least 70 speed!

And don't get me started on his stupid 86 strength ranking, ugh. I bumped that up to 91

I told you Barton. It isn't about speed but acceleration. Get good at the drills and you can get Robertson way up there.

Oh and BTW defensive players go up more on where your defense is ranked rather than individual stats.

I told you Barton. It isn't about speed but acceleration. Get good at the drills and you can get Robertson way up there.

you were defintly right. tommy harris is a pretty good DT for me (90 acceleration)