The UDFA Thread (Full League Discussion)

Maxman

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Undrafted free agents, here we come.  

I think there is more gold left than in past years. With social distancing a lot of kids that didn't make the combine never had a chance to shine.

Go find some talent Joe!

I will put my list after the draft is completed. But this was a deep draft for a lot of positions especially Wide Receivers, Running Backs, Offensive linemen, Tight Ends, and Edge Rushers.  And it had 20 to 25 real Quality  Cornerbacks.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Are you older than 25?

What Jets fan doesn’t know the answer to that question?

hint.His first name is Wayne. His last name is Chrebet. 

Yes. 

It did slip my mind, I don’t know how considering I met him and lance shulters  when they played there 

I don’t follow the draft really except the week before and that mildly to the day after still a terrible excuse 

I’m sure there something you’ll come up with how he was overrated by jet fans 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Since Perine is more of a Powell type, how about adding a few RBs with some athleticism/upside?

Rico-Dowdle-RAS-13838-1.png?w=806&ssl=1

James-Robinson-RAS-19056-1.png?w=806&ssl

Darius-Anderson-RAS-19024-1.png?w=806&ss

@Paradis brought up James Robinson earlier. I'd love to land him. Not a great 40 but boy look at those jumps, which is even more important IMO.

• Upvote 1

This could be interesting.  Accoriding to SPotrac, we now have 87 players on our roster.  Which includes this week's draftees plus Quincy Wilson.  90 is maximum. 

Only 3 spots available for UDFA, so either we will not be very active, or some guys will need to be cut to make room for signings.

Not sure if draftees count as taking an official roster spot until they sign a contract, so we might have some more space.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They should sign that dude Beerfish from South West Tuskegee State Tech.  Small school sleeper, he may be north of 50 years of age and he runs a 6.55 40 but he has heart.

Any player from a school named South West Tuskegee State Tech must be one tough SOB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

This could be interesting.  Accoriding to SPotrac, we now have 87 players on our roster.  Which includes this week's draftees plus Quincy Wilson.  90 is maximum. 

Only 3 spots available for UDFA, so either we will not be very active, or some guys will need to be cut to make room for signings.

See ya Winters!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't we get a FB that everyone was really high on last year (maybe from Kentucky or Memphis?) and then he didn't make the team?

Couple of years ago we had a FB from Oklahoma.  Dmitri Flowers.  Don't think he ever made the roster, but a lot of people (including me) really like him.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure if draftees count as taking an official roster spot until they sign a contract, so we might have some more space.

Pretty sure the 90 doesn't come into effect until a later date, but I could be wrong. We'll also be signing guys for try-outs which obviously wouldn't count. It seems every team signs 10+ UDFA and I can't believe our roster is drastically different than any other teams right now.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Is Thaddeus Moss still out there?  Or did he get picked and I missed him?

Looks like he is till available which is crazy. I'd make him a priority if he goes undrafted.

43 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I sure hope Douglas signs the good undrafted free agents, and not the bad ones.

Joe to his staff - Alright guys we have allot of work to do. What type of players are left out there?

Staff to Joe - Well there are some guys who keep getting hit and keep going down, and they never get up.

Joe to his staff - We don't want any of those guys.

Staff to Joe - Of course not Joe, we would never bring you any of those guys. Then there are some guys who keep getting hit and keep going down, and they get up sometimes.

Joe to his staff - No, no, we don't want any of those guys either.

Staff to Joe - Right, right, we will never bring you any of those guys either. There are also guys who keep getting hit and keep going down, and they keep getting up every time. These are the kind of guys we will get you.

Joe to his staff - Come on guys haven't you learned anything? Don't you dare bring me any of those guys.

Staff to Joe - Well who do you want us to find for you then?

Joe to his staff *bangs table - I want the guy who keeps knocking everybody down, dam it!

• Haha 2