The UDFA Thread (Full League Discussion)

Maxman

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

This could be interesting.  Accoriding to SPotrac, we now have 87 players on our roster.  Which includes this week's draftees plus Quincy Wilson.  90 is maximum. 

Only 3 spots available for UDFA, so either we will not be very active, or some guys will need to be cut to make room for signings.

Not sure if draftees count as taking an official roster spot until they sign a contract, so we might have some more space.

You usually see a few fringe 1st year vets cut just after the draft, to make room for UDFA signings.

Jets have a lot of roster fillers at positions like WR and on the OL, so a few of them will probably go to make space on the roster for UDFAs.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Rob.....if you commented earlier on this, I apologize. What do you think of the Clark kid we got in the 4th? Sounds like a guard. A big one.

I like him a lot and wouldn't pigeonhole him into being just a guard. He's got some long arms which is always a plus in my book and is a big deciding factor if they can play OT. Give me long arms and nimble feet all day, every day. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

This could be interesting.  Accoriding to SPotrac, we now have 87 players on our roster.  Which includes this week's draftees plus Quincy Wilson.  90 is maximum. 

Only 3 spots available for UDFA, so either we will not be very active, or some guys will need to be cut to make room for signings.

Not sure if draftees count as taking an official roster spot until they sign a contract, so we might have some more space.

Great find, thank you. 

probably right, we will see lot’s of transactions. 

@Sarge4Tide   How much adderal you smoking tonight to get that roster cleaned up?  😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Looks like the 90 man limit only comes into play at the start of training camp.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

They should sign that dude Beerfish from South West Tuskegee State Tech.  Small school sleeper, he may be north of 50 years of age and he runs a 6.55 40 but he has heart.

Posts like Tarzan....plays like Jane

only kidding man, you’re a good poster 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

Can a separate thread be made just for ACTUAL Free Agents signed by the Jets?

What I've noticed over the years is some players get linked to a team, says they signed and then it gets retracted. I totally agree with your premise because this thread will get out of hand and impossible to follow.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Huh? Did you ever watch him? He was a pretty good receiving TE and showed some great agility.

I edited my original post but...

Why didn't anyone draft him? He played on a great team with a great QB and tons of talent around him. He was in the spotlight because of how good the team was. 

Good blocker. Lacks athleticism. He's not in the mold of where the tight end position is going. He's a 3rd string type of player.