The UDFA Thread (Full League Discussion)

Maxman

1 minute ago, yvj said:
"Sources Tell Us

"I saw a lot of potential with him. The scouts want all the measurables to stack up but if a guy is explosive and can drop that shoulder around the corner, I can make him a rusher." -- Defensive coach for AFC team"

G. Williams?

That sounds so much like a Gregg comment for sure haha

18 minutes ago, yvj said:

Well there's a WR, any info on him?

Possession receiver.  Very good hands.  Not a great athlete.  Struggled through injuries.  Fromm was a much better QB this past season when he had a healthy Cager to throw to.  Solid UDFA signing.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Georgia’s offense was definitely much better when Cager was on the field.  He was Fromm’s security blanket IMO.  Big kid, exactly the type of guy you take a flyer on.  

Maybe I just spaced it but I’m not familiar 

I watched maybe 4-5 Georgia games last year excluding the playoffs but I’m still drawing a blank.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Namath was drafted by the St Louis Cardinals #12 in the 1st round.

Can you imagine? 

Namath wouldn’t’ve become nearly as big a star, and the “Jets” would probably be playing roller derby in Wheeling, West Virginia. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe I just spaced it but I’m not familiar 

I watched maybe 4-5 Georgia games last year excluding the playoffs but I’m still drawing a blank.

Struggled to play thorugh injury and was invisible in some games when he tried to play hurt, then shut it down some time in November.  He was by far Fromm's favorite receiver when he was healthy. 

Pretty sure he was out for both Auburn and LSU games late in the year.  Was dominant against Florida.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This is really interesting.  I'm a Canes fan and remember this kid real well.  Rap on him was he couldn't get off the LOS very well.  I'll tell ya though in contested ball situations he was great.

Left the Canes.  Was kind of weird

Lawrence-Cager-e1546366788364.jpg?w=610&
Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images

Ex-Miami WR Lawrence Cager announces transfer to Georgia

•  
  •  

Miami’s loss will now be Georgia’s gain. Wide receiver Lawrence Cager has announced he is heading to Georgia to finish up his college football career. The former Hurricanes receiver announced his decision this weekend on his Twitter account.

“I have decided to transfer to UGA where I will continue my academic and athletic career,” Cager said on his Twitter account recently. “I am excited for this new journey with Coach Smart and the entire UGA family.”

Cager will have one final year of eligibility to use in Athens. As a graduate transfer, Cager is available to play right away this fall for the defending SEC East champion Bulldogs.

Last season, Cager started 12 of Miami’s 13 games and had a team-high six touchdowns. Cager missed the majority of the 2016 season due to a torn ACL. He previously announced his decision to leave Miami back in late December, shortly after the sudden retirement of former Miami head coach Mark Richt.

wwhT0-wb_normal.jpg

group of men who will forever be my brothers. I hold Coach Diaz in high regard and appreciate his patience and understanding as I considered my future athletic goals. 

I’m thankful for all the coaches and schools that reached out to me as this wasn’t an easy decision.

I have decided to transfer to UGA where I will continue my academic and athletic career. I am excited for this new journey with Coach Smart and the entire UGA family. #GoDawgs

View image on Twitter

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Struggled to play thorugh injury and was invisible in some games when he tried to play hurt, then shut it down some time in November.  He was by far Fromm's favorite receiver when he was healthy. 

I remember Cager from the Florida game, he looked like a legit NFL receiver that day.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pretty sure he was out for both Auburn and LSU games late in the year.  Ws dominant against Florida.

From the YT highlight video posted in this thread it looked like he had a good ability to adjust to some bad throws. Is that fair to say or am I off base?

• Upvote 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Made a mistake earlier. Thought I was posting in this thread but it was the other. My bad.

No problem.  Since this is the whole league and that one is Jets only, it probably should have discussion.  I unhid everything and am letting it fly.  

• Upvote 1