Rate JD's First Draft

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

That’s about right.  I didn’t like the QB pick in the fourth and I wanted Hennessey at 79 

I agree. I wasn’t that happy with the RB and QB pic. However the rest are solid players with a lot of potential. Meaning the later draft picks.  I think Becton and Mims are gonna be bad Arse

• Upvote 3

I was going to say B+. He has earned the benefit of the doubt but there were more than a few head scratchers from a fan’s perspective but it was WAY better than any draft that we’ve had in a LONG time.  

I mostly enjoyed his aggressiveness with entertaining offers for trading up and down at times. He should at least be a good enough GM to help build a good enough roster. No more excuses. We need 1 more offseason and I expect playoffs. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I was going to say B+. He has earned the benefit of the doubt but there were more than a few head scratchers from a fan’s perspective but it was WAY better than any draft that we’ve had in a LONG time.  

I mostly enjoyed his aggressiveness with entertaining offers for trading up and down at times. He should at least be a good enough GM to help build a good enough roster. No more excuses. We need 1 more offseason and I expect playoffs. 

The old NFL adage is that you build from the punter outward.  I like where this is headed.

• Haha 2

C in Free Agency 

A- in the Draft

The Tackle for Charlotte was definitely over drafted. Doesn't mean he can't turn out to be a quality player and make us all forget, however it seem like it was a consensus on him being a 6th rounder. I personally loved that we pick a QB, but I honestly don't know much about the prospect outside of the football community loving him to make a full critique of the selection. Don't think many of us seriously scouted the QBs. But the other picks he definitely nailed. 

10 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I personally preferred McFarland - not sure about James Morgan- almost feel that’s essential a wasted pick- but let’s see what happens.

Overall-  I will trust the process- So yes- overall I’m happy with it.

If the Pats were, as some reported, interested in picking Morgan, that alone makes him an A+ pick!

5 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

B- really hate the QB and Punter picks. Uneven draft, but I like the OT, the S and the WR a lot.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

B- 

The qb, RB, and safety picks were head scratchers. It's not about those players though, but the players we could have had in their place. There was a ton of talent at wr and ol that we passed on for guys that aren't going to move the needle much this season. Becton is solid, Wirfs was better imho.   Wirfs is a gym rat and hard worker, broke some powerlifting records in college. Becton is a biscuit away from 400lbs.  He said he wanted to play at 350 but showed up 15 pounds heavier than that at the combine. Mims was a steal. The rest of the draft was very meh. Too bad. This could have been an A+ draft without the "cute" picks. 

• Thumb Down 1

B+ 

Joe D did a good job of moving around the draft while adding good players. Apart from football ability you can see that athleticism and character are big factors in the way Joe D evaluates talent. Only pick that was a little iffy for me was taking Davis at 68 with Hennessy on the board. I like Davis and understand picking him as he's a pure athlete who's versatile but I also think adding Hennessy at C and sliding McGovern to G would have been a better route. Overall it's a solid class for Joe D I'm excited to see these guys get on the field especially Mims and Jabari

• Upvote 1

How is this not a poll?

I'm giving him an A-. Love the first two picks. He navigated the draft board like an experienced pro picking up much needed additional picks and hit a lot of areas of need. I'm going to take a little off for only getting 1 WR in such a deep class especially with so many picks to work with. Not much to hate here though.

• Upvote 2

A

Great work by Douglas. He showed he is a boss. Really impressive how he got Becton and Mims and maneuvered around to get more players. 

Macc left the cupboard empty and Douglas manufactured talent by moving back and trading for the corner to get more bodies in here. High athleticism, character, and upside all around.

We haven’t seen competence from our GM like this since Tuna. I’m super excited about Douglas!

• Upvote 4