Jump to content

My Draft Grades For The Jets In The 2020 NFL Draft.


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Can you explain to me how you have Becton as a B to B+ when you had him as you're 112th rated player and he was picked 11th overall. 

So wait, I had him as a third round player and a B or B+ I have to explain. Why?  There were A+, A, A- players out there.  Becton, I tried to explain to you needs work. If I thought he was a flop, I wouldn't of gave him a third round grade. Now, left tackle will be too hard for him to play right away so I say right tackle. Now there are things he needs to do when he comes into a camp whenever that will be. And he will be taught that by the line coach.  So I don't know what else to say. I personally would have had Wirfs for the Jets because I feel he will play right tackle. You don't put a guy like him at guard. He is way too athletic. So for that reason I rather have Wirfs. He plays that position great.  And yes I am more of a Wirfs fan but never ever said that Becton was a flop.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks for sharing Tony. So you have Fant graded higher than Becton at LT?

Is that why the lesser grade for LT vs. RT?

Left tackle is so much harder to play than right tackle. The player you ill be going against is always their best pass rusher unless you are a lefty. And there is not many lefty QB's. Now Tua is. So what I am saying, I don't think he is ready for that competition. The NFL and College are two different entities. He can't do what he did in college. An NFL player will swipe that arm and speed rush the QB. So what I am saying that he needs to be coached up and don't do what you did to Edoga. We seen how that worked out. in two games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

So wait, I had him as a third round player and a B or B+ I have to explain. Why?  There were A+, A, A- players out there.  Becton, I tried to explain to you needs work. If I thought he was a flop, I wouldn't of gave him a third round grade. Now, left tackle will be too hard for him to play right away so I say right tackle. Now there are things he needs to do when he comes into a camp whenever that will be. And he will be taught that by the line coach.  So I don't know what else to say. I personally would have had Wirfs for the Jets because I feel he will play right tackle. You don't put a guy like him at guard. He is way too athletic. So for that reason I rather have Wirfs. He plays that position great.  And yes I am more of a Wirfs fan but never ever said that Becton was a flop.  

You're the one that ranked him 112th overall which is a 3rd -4th rd grade. You also had him as you're 11th rated overall OT in the draft. Now I'm no math major but if a player you have ranked that low, and then they subsequently end up getting drafted 11th overall that should be an automatic "F". Because that is what makes sense......not the drivel you just posted.

It wold be like giving Lamical Perine a B+ if we drafted him 11th overall.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're the one that ranked him 112th overall which is a 3rd -4th rd grade. You also had him as you're 11th rated overall OT in the draft. Now I'm no math major but if a player you have ranked that low, and then they subsequently end up getting drafted 11th overall that should be an automatic "F". Because that is what makes sense......not the drivel you just posted.

It wold be like giving Lamical Perine a B+ if we drafted him 11th overall.

fight penguin GIF

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're the one that ranked him 112th overall which is a 3rd -4th rd grade. You also had him as you're 11th rated overall OT in the draft. Now I'm no math major but if a player you have ranked that low, and then they subsequently end up getting drafted 11th overall that should be an automatic "F". Because that is what makes sense......not the drivel you just posted.

It wold be like giving Lamical Perine a B+ if we drafted him 11th overall.

You really have a problem. You just can't seem to understand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

You really have a problem. You just can't seem to understand. 

I have common sense unlike your posts and grading system.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I have common sense unlike your posts and grading system.

Go easy now. We all get prospective picks wrong at some time. I would recommend that Tony just own it. It doesn’t lessen his contributions to the board and all his hard work and insight. He’s made me more aware of talent that I haven’t heard of before

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

What are you a child?  Or wait maybe you just jealous. 

Just calling you out on your BS, nothing more, nothing less. I actually like you as a poster and have encouraged you to post more in the DF.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RobR said:

Just calling you out on your BS, nothing more, nothing less. 

Calling me out on my BS sounds insulting to me. So don't give me that crap. If you don't like my grading, than just don't say anything. But don't come on here and insult me, after I am trying to explain this player. But you don't want to hear it. I didn't give him a D because I thought he will be a bust. I wouldn't give him a third round grade. And if he was an 11 ranked OT, It is because this was a deep class.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Calling me out on my BS sounds insulting to me. So don't give me that crap. If you don't like my grading, than just don't say anything. But don't come on here and insult me, after I am trying to explain this player. But you don't want to hear it. I didn't give him a D because I thought he will be a bust. I wouldn't give him a third round grade. And if he was an 11 ranked OT, It is because this was a deep class.   

You think he's going to bust, but gave the grade a B?

That's confusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm confused.

If the big guy can play the more premium position his grade is lower?

No, It is because he will not be ready this upcoming year to play this position. What I am saying is he will be easier for him to play right tackle than left. He needs to be coached up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You think he's going to bust, but gave the grade a B?

That's confusing.

I did not say he was going to be a bust. I stated that he will take time to learn. I never said he was a big guy who couldn't play. I stated that he needed work. That is why I gave him a third round grade. If I didn't think he would make it in the NFL I wouldn't even give him a grade or if so a 6th to 7th round grade. So again, what I am stating to every one why he got a B and B+ is because he has an upside to him but he needs to be coached up.  Now the Jets could of went a different direction but they believed that he can be coached up and become the player most people thinks he could. Now the size that he is, he has to be careful not to eat himself out of the league. It has happened.  Hopefully I explained myself. But there are members here that want to twist my grading or evaluation of this player. I spent hours and hours on this young man. He has some excellent tape and he has some bad tape. But he needs to be coached up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Calling me out on my BS sounds insulting to me. So don't give me that crap. If you don't like my grading, than just don't say anything. But don't come on here and insult me, after I am trying to explain this player. But you don't want to hear it. I didn't give him a D because I thought he will be a bust. I wouldn't give him a third round grade. And if he was an 11 ranked OT, It is because this was a deep class.   

There is so much wrong with this post and I even posted YOUR posts to back it up. YOU gave him a third round grade and your overall ranking put him in the 3rd-4th round category. YOU did this, not me. I'm just calling you out on it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the point is you're grading the pick by the GM...not the player...so if you had the player at 112 or whatever the other poster was saying then you should grade the pick as an F just on reaching for a player when 111 players are better...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

I think the point is you're grading the pick by the GM...not the player...so if you had the player at 112 or whatever the other poster was saying then you should grade the pick as an F just on reaching for a player when 111 players are better...

That is why I adjusted it giving the pick as a D- . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

That is why I adjusted it giving the pick as a D- . 

 

Quote

So, let me explain this better. Since some of you don't understand.       A    B     for him being a left tackle     A  B+ for him moving to RT tackle.     A   D -   for not drafting Wirfs who is a better player and a  Right Tackle.   Hopefully that explains it.      

 

confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Tony you’re a great poster but that dude is right, based on your pre daft eval the becton pick should get an F from you. No biggie.

You are right. I was grading as a potential prospect instead of their choice. That is why I adjusted it to a D-. I don't like to give F outs since that is a complete failure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

They should go read what Walter Football thinks of the Becton pick.  

I love walterfootball.  Entertaining site and sometimes good analysis.  But he is so wildly inconsistent from one hour to the next.

Here is Charlie's final big board: https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

 

Quote

 

5. Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville.Previously: 5 Avg. 23.2 per 31
04/08/20: Becton was a superstar of the combine, running the 40-yard dash in a ridiculous 5.10 seconds. The 6-foot-7, 357-pounder is a massive blocker who is a phenomenal athlete for his size. Team sources say Becton does some freak show stuff as his combination of size, quickness, and athleticism is out of this world. Some scouts believe Becton is a more athletic version of Trent Brown, who became the NFL's highest-paid offensive tackle.
For the next level, it would help him to trim some weight and get in better condition. Becton has weight issues, and some teams have medical concerns with him relating to his back. However, team sources across the league have said Becton is extremely talented with a ton of upside. They think he could be a franchise left tackle, and sources believe he will end up going as a top-12 selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.
 
18. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa.Previously: 18 Avg. 26.2 per 30
04/08/20: Wirfs had an excellent combine workout, showing off speed and athleticism. His 4.85-second time in the 40-yard dash was superb, and he illustrated that he has a left tackle skill set in Indianapolis.
Under head coach Kirk Ferentz, Iowa has produced a lot of good offensive line talent, so it was very noteworthy when Wirfs (6-5, 322) became the first true freshman to start at tackle under Ferentz. While being the regular starter on the right side in 2017, he did play left tackle in Iowa's bowl game to end his freshman campaign, but he was back at right tackle in 2018 and as a sophomore he didn't allow a sack. Wirfs had a strong 2019 season with the exception of the Michigan game where the Wolverines edge rushers had their way with him.
Overall, Wirfs is a powerful right tackle who is a strong run blocker at the point of attack. He also has the quickness and athleticism to develop into a good pass protector. Some NFL teams might consider moving Wirfs to left tackle, and some sources think he would be a tremendous guard.

 

 
 
BTW, Wills was ranked 12th and Thomas 4th.  But then on his OL rankings, he has them Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas, the exact opposite order.
 
So of course Walter praises the Giants for picking Thomas and CLE for taking Wills but downgrades the Jets for taking Becton over Wirfs, even though their own write-up acknowledges that Wirfs is probably a RT or Guard.
 
But like I said, it's entertainment.
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I love walterfootball.  Entertaining site and sometimes good analysis.  But he is so wildly inconsistent from one hour to the next.

Here is Charlie's final big board: https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

 

 
 
But then on his OL rankings, he has them Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas.  
 
So of course Walter praises the Giants for picking Thomas and CLE for taking Wills but downgrades the Jets for taking Becton over Wirfs, even though their own write-up acknowledges that Wirfs is probably a RT or Guard.
 
But like I said, it's entertainment.
 

Go read his final draft grade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Go read his final draft grade. 

I did.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to give the Jets a 'C' for Becton while giving the Browns an 'A' for Wills based on their own write-ups before the draft.  They didn't even have Wills > Becton consistently, let alone Wirfs over either.

That's why I read it for fun but don't take it seriously.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I did.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to give the Jets a 'C' for Becton while giving the Browns an 'A' for Wills based on their own write-ups before the draft.  They didn't even have Wills > Becton consistently, let alone Wirfs over either.
That's why I read it for fun but don't take it seriously.



Yep. The sliding scales make little sense.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...