What A day In jets Land!!

Smizzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennington,Coles,Fabini,Mawae & Martin all being asked to restructure....

Law out....Abe wants out.

Big day. THoughts?

Im thrilled by the job Mangini has done so far.

Love it. Restructure to your current value, now & for the future, or go away. No one player is above the team.

We had a playoff run with a shot at a title & so these high-priced veterans were either brought in or re-signed. That window is closed & therefore so is the need for their cap-breaking contracts. Time to rebuild & you don't do that with has-been's & almost-were's.

there's a great big beautiful tomorrow

shinin' at the end of ev'ry day

there's a great big beautiful tomorrow

and tomorrow's just a dream away

man has a dream and that's the start

he follows his dream with mind and heart

and when it becomes a reality

it's a dream come true for you and me

:mrgreen:

Love it. Restructure to your current value, now & for the future, or go away. No one player is above the team.

We had a playoff run with a shot at a title & so these high-priced veterans were either brought in or re-signed. That window is closed & therefore so is the need for their cap-breaking contracts. Time to rebuild & you don't do that with has-been's & almost-were's.

:stu:

I agree, Sperman. '06 is going to be a train wreck no matter how you look at it. Gut the thing from the core and build it the way you want it.

Right or wrong, Mangini's showing everyone that this is his team now.

Big day. THoughts?

Actually, are these all facts? The only things I can ascertain as certain are Pennington and Law whose agents have both been quoted. The rest are all just speculations as far as I can tell coming from "sources with knowledge of the teams thinking". This new cloak of secrecy is tough on fans......

Actually, are these all facts? The only things I can ascertain as certain are Pennington and Law whose agents have both been quoted. The rest are all just speculations as far as I can tell coming from "sources with knowledge of the teams thinking". This new cloak of secrecy is tough on fans......

If Hempstead is locked down the leaks must be coming from them or their agents. It will be intresting to see if Coles will want to be here now that Herm and possibly Pennington will not?

If they're being asked to restructure then chances are it's not gonna be good for them if they don't. None of the guys listed are guys we can't live without.

except maybe coles....i agree with you on what youve said early about cotchery breaking out next year....but still...him and jmac are not exactly what id call a great wide out tandem

then again i suppose if we're going to completely blow it up(basically), might as well revamp everything...that your thinking?

except maybe coles....i agree with you on what youve said early about cotchery breaking out next year....but still...him and jmac are not exactly what id call a great wide out tandem

then again i suppose if we're going to completely blow it up(basically), might as well revamp everything...that your thinking?

Yes.

Coles has value and Id love to keep him. but not at his current numbers.

Coles is the 1 guy on that list ,I don't wanna lose.

Big day. THoughts?

Aside from Law out I love it Smizz. I know Law can't be brought back unless he restructures and he won't so yeah bye bye Ty. Aside from that it's a great day in Jet land.....(and wait Smizz the Ty cut hasn't been made official just yet;) )

If they're being asked to restructure then chances are it's not gonna be good for them if they don't. None of the guys listed are guys we can't live without.

I don't know Smizz...I don't think we can go on with Coles and have a WR core of McCareins and Cotchery and....yeah nobody else.

I don't know Smizz...I don't think we can go on with Coles and have a WR core of McCareins and Cotchery and....yeah nobody else.

I like Coles...but without a viable QB ...he's almost useless. We have too many things to fix to worry about any 1 player.

Or thats how I see it right now.

you seem to forget the whole reason we traded moss for coles was b/c of his and chad's chemistry.....

AVM as usual lately is right on the mark here.

If Chad is cut or unable to come back and perform then the re-aquistion of Coles almost looks completely stupid.

If Chad is cut or unable to come back and perform then the re-aquistion of Coles almost looks completely stupid.

We forget how soft Moss was in 2004 and how shocked Heimer was in seeing that on video. That was part of the reason for the trade.

Nobody questioned that trade. Kudos to Joe Gibbs for putting a foot in Santana's butt.

Only if you don't believe in the vialbility of the passing game in the NFL. Sadly, he is the only proven offensive threat on the current roster.

Only if you don't believe in the vialbility of the passing game in the NFL. Sadly, he is the only proven offensive threat on the current roster.

Coles didn't do so great in Washington. He does great with Chad....without Chad he had 1 good season in which he was wrongfully voted to the Pro Bowl. Coles is one of my favorite players and I like him a lot but the main reason for bringing him here was because Santana didn't fit into our offense and the Coles-Chad relationship.

I think Santana could fit into any offense....he reminds me alot of Steve Smith. A short, but very fast and dangerous receiver.

The problem I think with Santana was he wasn't disciplined enough to be the type of playmaker he was last season with Washington. Chalk that up to the coaching staff.

Coles didn't do so great in Washington. He does great with Chad....without Chad he had 1 good season in which he was wrongfully voted to the Pro Bowl. Coles is one of my favorite players and I like him a lot but the main reason for bringing him here was because Santana didn't fit into our offense and the Coles-Chad relationship.
I think Coles played very well in Washington; he had 1204 and 950 yards, and a probowl appearance. I agree with Biggs he is probably the only real weapon we have at this point, and there are even question marks with him....

I think Santana could fit into any offense....he reminds me alot of Steve Smith. A short, but very fast and dangerous receiver.

The problem I think with Santana was he wasn't disciplined enough to be the type of playmaker he was last season with Washington. Chalk that up to the coaching staff.

Santana wasn't disiplined here either and he doesn't have a great will to be the best out there like Smith does. Now that Gibbs put a foot in his ass he actually performed and stayed away from the sidelines. Herm was a big fault I'd say for Santana's performance in 04.

Santana wasn't disiplined here either and he doesn't have a great will to be the best out there like Smith does. Now that Gibbs put a foot in his ass he actually performed and stayed away from the sidelines. Herm was a big fault I'd say for Santana's performance in 04.

Thats exactly what I said!!