Jamal Adams draft day 180

AFJF

53 minutes ago, GaryM said:

How the hell do you know what he was doing last year? I am so sick of people coming on here and just spewing bullsh*t without any proof. If you think of it, actually this year he would have more time to access tweeting because of nothing else to do. You are right about one thing, it is different times now,,but the bullsh*t is still the same.

What are you the clueless, angry man/boy?

Neg rep everything pro Adams and then this shlt?

I’m not saying there is a rush - I just can’t comprehend people wanting to get rid of this guy.

Trading him at peak or near-peak value is preferable to paying him or letting him walk in free agency for nothing but a complete pick.

Players like Adams treat this purely like a business. Fine by me. So should Douglas.

10 minutes ago, GaryM said:

What players have you actually talked to? There is nothing wrong with players wanting to be paid, but it is up to the team to make fiduciary decisions on that issue. I just don't think that to pay him an exorbitant amount of money is prudent at this time considering the position he plays, that's all. I love him as a player, but I would rather put that money towards a FQB than a safety.

I understand that, a lot of people feel its not the way to build a team to pay a safety, but the other thing is the way this roster is constructed right now.

Bell will be off the books after next year most likely, so who are your big money players? Mosley, Darnold will have to get paid, then thats really about it. So you can easily sign Adams and front load the deal so that when other important players (becton if he is truly a FLT) have to be paid he isnt killing your cap.  Also remember the cap is going up every year, and there are new TV deals going to be signed soon.  Thats the reason why this offseason a lot of big ticket FA's took short term deals, they want to cash in again in (i believe 2022) when the new tv deals are done and the cap takes a big jump.  What you pay adams now wont look bad in a few years. 

15 minutes ago, GaryM said:

What players have you actually talked to? There is nothing wrong with players wanting to be paid, but it is up to the team to make fiduciary decisions on that issue. I just don't think that to pay him an exorbitant amount of money is prudent at this time considering the position he plays, that's all. I love him as a player, but I would rather put that money towards a FQB than a safety.

Maybe you should bitch and moan about how much hes paid after he gets a new deal?

Because this is all a total waste of time until it does or doesnt happen and is nothing more than mindless whining by those who just dont like Adams and bullshlt about his so called negative attitudes 

But have to give it to the handful of haters, trying hard to keep the same old trade Adams talk going.  We just had an exciting draft and should be discussing that like any other fanbase yet a handful of haters feel the need to whine about one of our best if not the best player on the team and think of every dumb reason to get rid of him.  Brilliant

• Upvote 1

Jamal just pisses me off! Works hard on and off the field. Plays his position with tenacity, passion, and intelligence. Doesn’t ever get in run ins with the police. Absolutely living up to his first round selection. And NOW he expects to get paid after not welcoming this years draft picks with sufficient zeal ..... Total Ahole!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because this is all a total waste of time until it does or doesnt happen and is nothing more than mindless whining by those who just dont like Adams and bullshlt about his so called negative attitudes 

We know he wants more than Eddie Jackson and Eddie Jackson gets $14.5. Do you feel that Jamal Adams is going to want less than that? 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Players don't really take "team friendly deals" unless they're Tom Brady and the Pats are cheating to pay him in other ways. They get as much money as they can and how can you really blame them?

I don’t expect him to take a team friendly deal. However, extending him early does help the team. It allows us to manage our cap better. We can sign him now and front load some of his contract before we have to sign Sam. Philadelphia signed Wentz early for this reason. Sign Jamal this year. Next year, assuming Sam lives up to expectations, sign him next year. Build around those two guys. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We know he wants more than Eddie Jackson and Eddie Jackson gets $14.5. Do you feel that Jamal Adams is going to want less than that? 

And that neighborhood and up is where he should be, higher than Jacksons number

Youre not getting paying a player what hes worth doesnt bother me. 

Hes going to get paid.  We all know it.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

If memory serves correctly, Jamal was fired up about the draft picks last year and was welcoming them to NY via twitter after they were picked.  He seemed to be taking on a pro-active role as prez of the welcoming committee.

Noticed he'd been quiet during this draft so I checked his feed and the only message I saw him send was to congratulate Laremy Tunsil on getting huge money with the Texans.

Priorities shifting?

guys a ******* bozo

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Its reached the ridiculous point.

It was one thing to scream for the extra picks before the draft.  The dream that we could somehow, magically turn one All Pro player in multiple All Pro players who wouldnt turn the team around.  Its now just some cliche comment, we're into getting rid of a player who is a weapon, who plays at 125% or better, wants to win, wants to win in NY, wants to stay a Jet and people dont like that.

Now we're thinking he should have been more vocal on twitter, his congratulations weren't as loud.  Or just plain missed.  This an indicator of something larger?  LOL

Logc that is mindless at best.  

Take one guess who down voted your post. 

I got  it without even having to look. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trading him at peak or near-peak value is preferable to paying him or letting him walk in free agency for nothing but a complete pick.

Players like Adams treat this purely like a business. Fine by me. So should Douglas.

It’s not just Jamal that treats it like a business. Every player treats it like a business. If you think players are giving Hometown discount nowadays you’re mistaken.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Take one guess who down voted your post. 

I got  it without even having to look. ?

Yeah who would have guessed that Gary would down vote a positive view of Adams. 

I mean, why leave it alone when you can just complain 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

No, Obviously you don't follow this type of stuff here a lot.

He is the Golden Child.

This is just him being the strong, silent type of guy who leads by example.

Yeah I was Darnold would have used Twitter to congratulate the new draft picks even though he isn't on Twitter. That's what a great QB would do.

The Jamal stuff is 100% on point. Last offseason he was tampering, we need more dogs.

Guess what, we got more dogs. Now congratulate them like you congratulated players on other teams.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

With all due respect...... Sam Darnold has specifically welcomed players!!

Specifically!!

Others use your statement to knock Darnold for no reason look at what people say in this thread!

Here is the proof!

Great find CB.  So happy to hear that Darnold has already spoken to Mims.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I was Darnold would have used Twitter to congratulate the new draft picks even though he isn't on Twitter. That's what a great QB would do.

The Jamal stuff is 100% on point. Last offseason he was tampering, we need more dogs.

Guess what, we got more dogs. Now congratulate them like you congratulated players on other teams.

Isn’t that what he did?  I don’t know why he’s being chastised for it.  And like some other post said, becton has been tweeting like a preteen about every draft pick and he’s gotten no slack for it.  I wonder if everyone will have the same opinions on him if he continues to tweet a lot when his payday hopefully comes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

It’s not just Jamal that treats it like a business. Every player treats it like a business. If you think players are giving Hometown discount nowadays you’re mistaken.

And the projected influx of cash from the new CBA. Not putting them in the same value category but is Prescott offering the Cowboys a discount?

Just now, heymangold said:

Isn’t that what he did?  I don’t know why he’s being chastised for it.  And like some other post said, becton has been tweeting like a preteen about every draft pick and he’s gotten no slack for it.  I wonder if everyone will have the same opinions on him if he continues to tweet a lot when his payday hopefully comes.

Isn't that what who did?

Jamal, who I am a fan of and I want to receive a contract extension, has been quiet with the draft this year. He mailed in one tweet that the Jets created.

Is this the end of the world? No. 

But are there reasons to be concerned that the situation with Jamal will get worse if the Jets don't extend him now?  Yes.

Football is a business. The team has him under control so they don't have to extend him right now. That's how it works. It is if nothing else a situation that is causing some concern.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Isn't that what who did?

Jamal, who I am a fan of and I want to receive a contract extension, has been quiet with the draft this year. He mailed in one tweet that the Jets created.

Is this the end of the world? No. 

But are there reasons to be concerned that the situation with Jamal will get worse if the Jets don't extend him now?  Yes.

Football is a business. The team has him under control so they don't have to extend him right now. That's how it works. It is if nothing else a situation that is causing some concern.

Couldn't it be something as simple as he wasn't around this time, that he was off on something else, somewhere else?  I mean a year ago I couldn't spend time with fellow JNrs on a Zoom call (great fun) like this Thurs and Friday nights, doesnt mean I cared more this year or didnt care a year ago.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Couldn't it be something as simple as he wasn't around this time, that he was off on something else, somewhere else?  I mean a year ago I couldn't spend time with fellow JNrs on a Zoom call (great fun) like this Thurs and Friday nights, doesnt mean I cared more this year or didnt care a year ago.  

Just like when Gase was otherwise occupied last year when his favorite colleague Mike Maccagnan was sitting in the war room by himself drafting Jachai Polite