Clark & Becton

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Clark is a bit more of a long shot prospect but the connection is always good.

I hear you, but he was not only a team captain, he was also the team MVP. That has to be rare for an O-line man, he's definitely the kind of player Joe Douglas is looking for.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I hear you, but he was not only a team captain, he was also the team MVP. That has to be rare for an O-line man, he's definitely the kind of player Joe Douglas is looking for.

That's always a good sign..........wasn't one of his teammates, an edge guy, drafted in like the 3rd rd by the Steelers?

I’m sure that Douglas knew they are close. I don’t know how I feel about this. One hand you would think good because they should have a little more positive chemistry and push each other like what is claimed. On the other hand I just hope it doesn’t go down the path of drafting the friend of the high first round pick to make him happy. This usually doesn’t bode well. Didnt we do the same for  Mark Sanchez and waist a draft pick taking his friend Scott McKnigt (?) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I’m sure that Douglas knew they are close. I don’t know how I feel about this. One hand you would think good because they should have a little more positive chemistry and push each other like what is claimed. On the other hand I just hope it doesn’t go down the path of drafting the friend of the high first round pick to make him happy. This usually doesn’t bode well. Didnt we do the same for  Mark Sanchez and waist a draft pick taking his friend Scott McKnigt (?) 

We did, but look at the absolute buffoon who did it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

So what are we thinking? As of now something like...
LT - Becton, Fant, Edoga
LG - Lewis, Van Roten, Clark
C - McGovern, Harrison, Andrews
RG - Winters, Van Roten, Andrews, Clark
RT - Fant, Edoga, Clark

I think the depth chart will start off something like this. I really doubt that Winters will be here on opening day and Lewis will be our RG.

LT - Fant, Becton, Edoga
LG - Van Roten, Lewis, Clark
RG - Winters, Lewis, Andrews, Clark
RT - Becton, Edoga, Clark

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I think the depth chart will start off something like this. I really doubt that Winters will be here on opening day and Lewis will be our RG.

LT - Fant, Becton, Edoga
LG - Van Roten, Lewis, Clark
RG - Winters, Lewis, Andrews, Clark
RT - Becton, Edoga, Clark

Very possible.

8 minutes ago, tdoublee said:
16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:
Type of guy you want to have around your pot smoking Franchise LT. You want him with a mature leader of men to help him navigate the temptations of NY.

Mekhi was also a team captain, but point well taken.

Did not know that.... thanks.

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

LT - Becton, Fant, Edoga

RT - Fant, Edoga, Clark

Winters (sigh)....I know you might be right though.....guy is like gum on your shoe.

Just never liked him for a lot of reasons and getting loud and showing up Darnold last year was the last straw.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Type of guy you want to have around your pot smoking Franchise LT. You want him with a mature leader of men to help him navigate the temptations of NY.

I think there are many athletes who probably get high (and know how to navigate the tests).  

• Upvote 1

I love these two guys. I wish JD had taken a 3rd OL in the draft. At least we have 3 young OL now who might develop (including Edgoa) into quality starters, not just Mike Mac JAGs.

I really see Lewis more as a versatile guy who provides depth at all five OL positions, rather than a true starter. Either Clark or Edoga will probably get a chance to start at G with Van Roten. If neither are ready, then Lewis continues to hold the fort.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheClashFan said:

I love these two guys. I wish JD had taken a 3rd OL in the draft. At least we have 3 young OL now who might develop (including Edgoa) into quality starters, not just Mike Mac JAGs.

I really see Lewis more as a versatile guy who provides depth at all 3 OL positions, rather than a true starter. Either Clark or Edoga will probably get a chance to start at G with Van Roten. If niether are ready, then Lewis continues to hold the fort.

It would be fantastic if Becton lived up to the hype and Clark eventually turns into a quality guard.  Hopefully Edoga can make strides this year now that he's had a year of experience under his belt.  This crazy offseason probably sets him back some (just like it will for our rookies) but the goal is to build a quality OL for the longer term, while not getting Sam killed in the meantime.  Hopefully the reinforcements Joe D brought in will keep Sam upright in the short term until the longer-horizon players start to develop.  If not, at least we've now got Captain Morgan as our backup.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I really see Lewis more as a versatile guy who provides depth at all five OL positions, rather than a true starter. Either Clark or Edoga will probably get a chance to start at G with Van Roten. If neither are ready, then Lewis continues to hold the fort.

People on here are upset he didn't take a 2nd WR.  I understand it but this year it was far more important to get Sam some protection.  Becton is the immediate help while maybe Clark can learn over the next year or 2 and, hopefully, turn into a viable starter after that.  

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Cameron Clark reminds me of Brandon Moore. Similar Size, abilities and on field attitude. Cam just found his way to the O line at an earlier age.

It would be fantastic if you turned out to be right about this.

46 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I think Clark has a good shot to be our starting LG day 1. The guys we have now are backups on a lot of teams. Clark has talent.

I like the connection. The more cohesion this new OL unit has, the better.

The knock I heard on Clark was that he was often penalized so if true then it might take some time to school him up.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

LT - Becton, Fant, Edoga

RT - Fant, Edoga, Clark

That’s the way i see it. With Clark getting every chance to take Lewis’s job, and Edoga pushing Fant for PT by years end.

my prediction is that next year, the Jets draft a Center in the top 3 rounds and move McGovern to G.

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

These guys already have chemistry, they trained together before the combine.

They know each other pretty well and are excited to play together.

Becton tweeted out "My Brother" ??? When he saw that Douglas picked Clark.

This bodes well for the Jets, I wonder if Joe knew they were close.

We were all planning to surprise him later. Thanks a lot Brooklyn! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

People on here are upset he didn't take a 2nd WR.  I understand it but this year it was far more important to get Sam some protection.  Becton is the immediate help while maybe Clark can learn over the next year or 2 and, hopefully, turn into a viable starter after that.  

It would be fantastic if you turned out to be right about this.

With all the trade downs, JD could've easily drafted 3 OL and 2 WR in the first four rounds. I think it is a solid draft with the chance to be very good. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1