Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

Just now, nico002 said:

You call it a tie except one had mono and the worst OLINE in NFL history... keep at it bro

Allen goes down and Buffalo doesn’t miss a beat. Jets are 0-6 averaging 7ppg without Darnold. 

yea, it’s a tie 

If it makes you feel better, we'll put Darnold second.

You get to say Sam is better.

Allen can settle for winning the division and going to the playoffs again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Bell may be a great player, but he’s pretty useless in Adam Gase’s offense. ILB was tough.

I put Bills at #1 because Edmunds is the best LB in the division and dropped the Jets to #3 because Moseley and Hewitt are coming off injuries. 

Edmunds is not a better player than Mosley, unless you are only factoring that he was hurt last year.  Mosley is the best ILB in the division and Avery is a very good ILB in his own right.  If you want to factor him as cut thats fine but to pencil Hewitt in there and not even take into account that the Jets signed Onwausor is a mistake. 

Onwausor was a good player for a ravens defense that didn't miss much of a beat with mosely gone, and Onwausor was part of the reason for that.   

Even with injuries, Jets have the best ILB in the division. 

As for the roster as a whole, i dont think anyone in their right minds thought this mess was going to be solved in 1 year.  This was and always has been a multiyear rebuild. This draft was a very good first step. 

• Upvote 1

The only unit the Jets have that is worst in the division is: Cornerback. Last year you could say OL but there’s too much unknown with the Dolphins and Jets after this off season to say they’re the worst. Plus if they end up slightly above average they’re better than Buffalo’s OL.

The division is up for grabs. If Sam stays healthy and the OL gels fast enough we’re gonna win it.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're no better than tied for second. 

1.    Fitzpatrick based on experience, and was pretty good last year. Tua  won't see the field until late '20, probably not until '21

2/3. Darnold/Allen I'll call this a tie. Both have looked good, and bad at times. Comes down to which one can improve the most.

4.    Stidham?? or who knows who else?

You forgot to include Daniel Jones. And of course the genius of Gettleman.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Hey, we had a great team and Sanchez as our QB. How did that go?

Sad sacks

Either learn to love your pain or lay down and die.

Crying because you don't think we win the division. JFC. We're still not a great team what a blatantly obvious take.

How about maybe being competitive this year and being able to watch a game without it being a waste of time. I'll be happy with that this year. Having a decent enough line and weapons to put the Darnold evaluation to bed sounds entertaining enough.

Boo hoo other rosters are still better than ours. Pats and Phins are in complete flux right now and have plenty to worry about. The Bills are the only good roster with some consistency at this point and they are still success capped due to Allen IMO. No one in the AFCE is winning the Superbowl this year. It's the Bills division to lose and it's definitely not their SB to win.

It’s pretty cool because the Jets went into the season last year with the worst roster in football and hired the world’s worst coach and they went 7-9 while the up-and-coming Dolphins franchise floundered into last place at 5-11 with the greatest coaching hire of all time. So I look forward to this horrible Jets team and their cRaZy-EyEd coach going 10-6 while the dynastic Dolphins club ekes out six wins for future Hall of Famer Brian Flores.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....and despite the roster appearance on paper, the Bills were only 3 games better than the Jets last year, as injured and depleted as we were.  Look at their schedule.

at Jets
at Dolphins

Bengals

Those are the 3 wins the 10-6 Bills had that the 7-9 Jets didn't.

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, Darnold almost died and Mosley was lost for the season, we still had them cornered until late in the game.  Dolphins and Bengals games were on Sam as he was trying to make it back from injury.  Both were winless at the time.  The December Jets wipe the floor with those two teams.

Tell me, if the Jets fielded the roster we had in August against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals, we don't win those 3 games?  Of course we do.  And we just had a great FA and draft period.  The Jets are the team to beat, not the Bills, not the Pats.

SAR I

Now this is a good post and sums up my sentiments exactly.  We are the team to beat!  Would have been a close thing last year too sans the inordinate amount of injuries.

• Post of the Week 1

Players ability and success is year to year in football more than any other sport. What you do one year is not indicative on how you’ll play the next year. So who knows how any team or player will do this year.

Having said that, when Douglas got hired he made damn sure it was a 6 year deal for 3 reasons:

- Audition for Gase.

- Dogsh*t roster in need of a complete rebuild.

- Fumigate the scouting department and rebuild the front office and team culture. 

This was never going to be a one offseason fix, and that’s fine enough as long as Douglas is finally the right guy to fix this sh*thole.

I know we’re all sick of the endless cyclical infinite rebuild. With the right person in charge, that rebuild can be quick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFan20 said:

Bell may be a great player, but he’s pretty useless in Adam Gase’s offense. ILB was tough.

The original post never said anything about relativity to scheme. Stop changing your goalposts 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....and despite the roster appearance on paper, the Bills were only 3 games better than the Jets last year, as injured and depleted as we were.  Look at their schedule.

at Jets
at Dolphins

Bengals

Those are the 3 wins the 10-6 Bills had that the 7-9 Jets didn't.

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, Darnold almost died and Mosley was lost for the season, we still had them cornered until late in the game.  Dolphins and Bengals games were on Sam as he was trying to make it back from injury.  Both were winless at the time.  The December Jets wipe the floor with those two teams.

Tell me, if the Jets fielded the roster we had in August against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals, we don't win those 3 games?  Of course we do.  And we just had a great FA and draft period.  The Jets are the team to beat, not the Bills, not the Pats.

SAR I

Now I'm ready to run through a wall! 

I don't believe the phins are better off than we are. They have Rosen who looked terrible tua who is extremely talented but a light breeze from being out of the league and Fitzpatrick who used up his magic last year at qb. They had a decent draft but I'm not convinced they are better than they were before they traded all their players away last year. The pats lost Brady even so are the team to beat until proven otherwise but you would have to assume they take atleast a small step back this year. The bills are the only team I look at and think they absolutely are better off than the Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Kind of hard to just ignore QB though when it's the most important position on the field.

Exactly!  And I don’t understand why some fans don’t have love for Crowder.  He is one of the best slot receivers in the game.  And Chris Herndon will be the best TE in our division.  If he can stay healthy....and out of trouble

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

The only reason i'd rank the Jets 2/4 overall is because i have zero faith in Gase. I can see the team underachieving with Gase

Please give examples of how Adam Gase disappointed you finishing 6-2 with the worst roster in the NFL.

SAR I

The draft is barely a day old and guys are starting with this stuff already. Come on, Allan SUX, Tua is a rookie and provided he stays healthy and stidhman never played except for a pick 6 against us. The Quarterback is EVERYTHING on a roster. This is why the pats won the division every year. Let’s see this year without Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

First time poster .. had discussion with friends over text and would love some other opinions . What if an NFL team was made up completely of this years draft . with a competent NFL coaching staff . What would the record of an all rookie team be ? I think in 2-3 years would be best team in the NFL but curious as to what you think they’d do in the first year 

love the site . Appreciated all the jets draft talk as a distraction during this time 

28 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They did go to back to back AFC championship games. I would consider that successful. 

The team except for those two seasons was a laughing stock and a running joke on the late night circuit with Rex's antic's. It was so bad that Rex himself declared he was getting a fresh start with a clean slate after about 4 or 5 years as the HC. Even he knew those first two seasons had become meaningless. 

2 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Will you cry like a little wimp again when the jets do well and you are proven incredibly wrong again ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

If it makes you feel better, we'll put Darnold second.

You get to say Sam is better.

Allen can settle for winning the division and going to the playoffs again.

Doesnt make Allen better.

In this case it just means hes on the better team

Nothing about watching Allen says hes better than Darnold