JetFan20

Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

1 hour ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Hey, we had a great team and Sanchez as our QB. How did that go?

28 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They did go to back to back AFC championship games. I would consider that successful. 

The team except for those two seasons was a laughing stock and a running joke on the late night circuit with Rex's antic's. It was so bad that Rex himself declared he was getting a fresh start with a clean slate after about 4 or 5 years as the HC. Even he knew those first two seasons had become meaningless. 

49 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, it was a clown show but that wasn't the point. The team had a good amount of success on the field. That was my point. What other Jet team has gone to back to back championship games? It was not meaningless, lol. 

If ypu want to hang on to that as being a great a complishment, more power to you. I am looking at the product as a whole. Great teams don't  become jokes. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Lol Harry was a reach by the Pats. No one was taking him before AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. Harry couldn’t separate in college, he’s gonna have to make a career making contested catches at a 47% clip in order to be average. He’s not a particularly dynamic WR. 

He is also going to have more trouble with Stidman throwing to him. 

35 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

In one season someone is already a bust? And Pat's didnt pick up anyway to "replace" anyone. They are "addition to" that's the difference.

And Harry's had one season in the NFL but somehow Mims who hasn't even gone through a camp is better? Also was past on by other teams as well...

And some jets fans holding this "we got the best QB in the division"

So?? Still need a team and your QB isn't going against other teams QBs you are going against their defense.

Harry is a jag. The thing with the Pats is they have had such success,  it covers up how poorly they draft. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Harry might very well be, but I am sure Pats success doesn't rely on harry success.

And Pats have drafted better than the jets besides having Brady 

That's  an awfully  low bar you are setting. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You laughed when a poster mentioned that this particular Jet team had a lot of success.  They actually did, and yes, I want to hang onto that thanks. If you don't think being in back to back championship games are an accomplishment regardless of the off the field issues I don't know what to tell ya. 

For me it's  all about getting to the Super Bowl.  Can you name the last 3 teams that lost the AFCCG without looking it up?

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ok..I think you are making my point..cause I think the jets have been worse

I am not setting any bar, I am speaking facts clearly they (the pats) did better than the rest of the AFC east drafting wise because again..its more than just having a franchise QB

Brady was never just the only factor...

Spare me. The only draft pick that is worth a 💩 in the last 3 years is Michelle.  Please name this plathora of studs in that time that were drafted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No I can't but I am not the type of guy that thinks the team who wins the super bowl is the only team that has had a successful season. If my team is one of 4 teams out of 32 that is left playing I would consider that successful especially for this franchise. Let me ask you something. If the Jets made it to the AFCCG this year would you consider it a success or failure? 

Relative to where this team finished last season, you have to believe it was a successful  season in terms of improvement but not in terms of satisfaction. 

1 minute ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Please name me the jets corner stones in the last 3 years?

Let's remember where the jets usually draft to where the Pat's have drafted

I will even let you keep darnold eventhough he was the 3rd pick..like you shouldn't f that up.

Case closed. You can't  name anyone. The question  was who have the Pats drafted in last 3 years that is worth a crap besides Michells.So we drafted Darnold and Adams, you just drafted Michelle. Seems like the Jets have done a better job with 2 of the worst GM's ever to have the position 

36 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

No case is not closed you are missing the point.

I never said that the Patriots always drafted well for the most part they have done better than the rest of this division again it's more than just having a franchiseQB

you picking randomly the last 3 years and can only give me your QB that you had at 3(wasnt a hard decision) and a safety where 1/2 this board argues about keeping tells me alot. 

Nobody on offense thinks the key to stopping the jets is to game plan for Jamal Adams. The jets could trade Adams tomorrow and I bet they will not miss a beat on defense.

There are a handful of people that want to trade Jamal and it isn't for his on field performance so if you actually  do read this board you would have known that. I used the last three years as in recent drafting history. You want to get random, I can give you the years we drafted Johnthan Vilma, Brick and Mangold, and Freeman McNeil. 

And If you aren't  defending the Pats drafting, then what are you arguing? Nobody in their right mind would say the Jets are good or even below average at drafting, they have outright sucked. You are the one who said the Pats have drafted better but you seem to not even be able to name any players in the last three years to point to as proof. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

When I have read Jamal debates on here a lot of them have to do with his performance on field...the lack of him actually being a playmaker; Ints, sacks...etc. I chose not to give you a list of patriots names because nobody wants to sit here and go through 8 million paragraphs. That kind of lenghty response tends to be very aggravating to get past especially if you do not care about the response.

Of course i can sit here and reel off names like Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Teddy bruschi, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, Kevin folk, Shane Vereen, Julian Edelman, "Gronk", Devin McCourty, Jamie Collins, Jared Mayo, Chandler Jones, Jimmy Grappolo- especially Grappolo the jets still didnt even have a QB yet and at that time the pats appeared to have drafted two good ones....you think the Jets drafted players that can match up to that list? And not to mention before we knew he was a scrum bag murderer ,Aaron Hernandez as well....? 

All going back to what i was saying. The pats don't always draft well..but they have drafted better than this division during their 20 year run, it wasn't just about Brady 

and last 3 years you can only give me Darnold who fell into your lap because the Giants are....the Giants and Jamal Adams....vs maybe just Sony Michelle, still waiting to see if Isaiah Wynn is worth the first round selection, Chase WInovich and if Damon Harris is any good...so right now for the sake of the decision you appear to be one player better in the draft...that is not even a major gap at all...especially given where the Jets normally pick from. 

Hey homer, last season Adams was a first team All Pro and went to the Pro Bowl 2 times in his first 3  years and if you want to go back 20 years, I can also rattle off a bunch of players as you just did that had great careers. 

I said the Pats have drafted poorly. Every player you listed is retired or near the end of their careers. Was it the Pats intention to not be able to draft replacements for them? And if you want to talk about lucking out on a QB, the Pats are the poster boy for that or did they pass on Brady 6 times on purpose. And stop with this non-sense of where the Pats normally pick from. You pick at the end of the first round. If you can draft well, you can still get a solid player.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company