JetFan20

Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

10 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Seems fair.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

4/5 of the starting OL has been changed and significantly upgraded.  We have 2 NEW WR burners.  Herndon is back after a year layoff.    Sam has another year under his belt and is ready to bloom.  Totally different offense on many levels. Now that's entertainment.

It’s sorta like sending your car to Counts Customs and dropping 70k to let Danny and the boys do their magic. Them someone ask you for a picture of it when it’s done and you send them a picture of it before you sent it off. 

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Jet fans are so freaking delusional when it comes to Darnold.. 

Koolaid taste so good. 

Not all but many. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks, Brooklyn.  My rainy Sunday needs this.

The Patriots didn't need the best roster in the division to dominate the division; they just needed the best quarterback.  Hello, you beautiful Sam Darnold.

The Jets would have gone 10-6 and taken the Bills playoff spot if not being the most injured team in the NFL last year and this year we will surely be much better.  Not just because of players we added in FA or the draft; because the wounded starters are coming back.  No team in the AFC East will have more 2020 talent incremental to last year than the Jets will because no other AFC East team has players like we have returning from missing the entire 2019 campaign.

The Jets have run a gauntlet that neither the Bills nor Patriots have.  It's been smooth sailing for the Bills the past two years.  Beat the scrubs, lose to the elites.  Patriots, same thing of course, no bumps in the road to dominance.  The Jets opened 1-7 in the world's biggest media market, everyone screaming for the head coaches head, it doesn't get worse in all of sports, it's literally hell for the organization.  And we finished a brilliant 6-2.  With half the team comprised of third stringers and practice squaders.  The QB looked great, Top 10 rating.  The HC retained his entire staff, no one is trying to get out of town.  That toughens a team.  That makes the Jets more prepared for 2020 than any other AFC East competitor.

SAR I

Sorry dude for this exercise we are ignoring the QBs. Thanks for playing. 

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Would you prefer the slop sent out there last year?  If the Jets dont stop effin around and surround Sam with OL and weapons, he's ouuta here in a heartbeat.

I was referring to the OP ignoring the fact our roster is going to be significantly different. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Tom Brady says HI from Tampa.

and Gronk says,” duh, uhhhhh, Tampa is rad, don’t even need to wear a shirt here, like ever !” 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, what a dumb thread.

Who has the best car in the Daytona 500 (ignore the engine please)?  Who wins the Yankees Astros game tonight (ignore the pitchers please)?

SAR I

Who’s the best poster on JN? Ignore their content please. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tends to happen when you have 6 straight bad drafts prior to the arrival of a new GM. This is a 6-7 win roster in 2020.

Luckily we finally have a competent GM. 2021 is when this team starts becoming a perennial contender/powerhouse.

I hope it’s the last 6-7 games so @SAR I can stay pumped!!! He brings so much joy to the board. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Why don’t we just hope for a season, let them play the games and try to enjoy the process.
Some of y’all probably complain why it takes so long for a hard boil egg to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My late Uncle loved poach eggs. He died at 97, pretty sure those gross ass things finally got him. 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

124JETS.jpg

We are 10-6 as constituted right now.  It’s just a matter of whether or not we can get to 11 or 12.  Teams we are capable of beating shown above. 

SAR I

You having us beat the Bills twice is a testament to who you’ve become. The ray of light of this message board during dark times. “ Shine on your crazy diamond (watch)!” 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Fair enough.

Let's see how it plays out though. It's not always the guy with the most potential who ends up the better player.

Yep, testicular fortitude always plays a mighty role in who hangs in there better. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We beat them twice last year. It’s not a stretch. 

SAR I

Yes but only one counted and that one was against their JV squad 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Tea leaves. Easy to read them.  

Bills go 6-10. McDermott fired. Allen cut.  

SAR I

I drink coffee. Coffee is for closers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ghost_in_pads02 said:

No case is not closed you are missing the point.

I never said that the Patriots always drafted well for the most part they have done better than the rest of this division again it's more than just having a franchiseQB

-you picking the last 3 years and can only give me your QB that you had at 3rd and a safety where 1/2 this board argues about keeping tells alot. 

Nobody on offense thinks the key to stopping the jets is to game plan for Jamal Adams. The jets could trade Adams tomorrow and I bet they will not miss a beat on.

He’s not wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company