Jump to content
JetFan20

Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

Recommended Posts

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

 

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

 

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

 

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 46
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

 

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

 

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

 

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Seems fair.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Kind of hard to just ignore QB though when it's the most important position on the field.

That’s true, but even that is a leap of faith. All of the QBs in this division have a lot to prove. 

All four teams have pretty stout defenses on paper so it won’t be easy. I certainly don’t feel great about the Jets sh*tty group of receivers going up against that great group of CBs. 

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Severely overrating the other teams/underrating the Jets on the RB, OL, and ILB front.
 

The Jets may be #1 at both RB and ILB. Regardless of how you feel about Bell... pound for pound and $ being equal, every team in the division would take him over their current RB

Bell may be a great player, but he’s pretty useless in Adam Gase’s offense. ILB was tough.

I put Bills at #1 because Edmunds is the best LB in the division and dropped the Jets to #3 because Moseley and Hewitt are coming off injuries. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

That’s true, but even that is a leap of faith. All of the QBs in this division have a lot to prove. 

All four teams have pretty stout defenses on paper so it won’t be easy. I certainly don’t feel great about the Jets sh*tty group of receivers going up against that great group of CBs. 

If Darnold gets a few milliseconds more to throw the ball than what he has had his first 2 years ....he’s going to give the AFC East problems....for years.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetFan20 said:

Bell may be a great player, but he’s pretty useless in Adam Gase’s offense. ILB was tough.

I put Bills at #1 because Edmunds is the best LB in the division and dropped the Jets to #3 because Moseley and Hewitt are coming off injuries. 

Absolutely disagree.  Moseley showed in one quarter of the BUF game why he is one of the absolute best ILBs in football, let alone the division.  If he's healthy, it's a no-brainer.  Edmunds is very good but not at that level.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Except...no. We have the best RB and best ILB in the division, as well as QB. Our O-line is potentially a top unit and we have arguably the best pass catching TE and TE group.  Talk about hating on your own team by pumping up our competition and belittling guys like Mosely and Bell. 

QB was excluded from this excercise

ILB and RB really don’t move the needle for me. You want to say the Jets are #1 at both positions? Fine, but that isn’t going to change the fact that on paper its still the worst offense & defense in division. 

Not sure how you can say Jets have a better Oline than Pats/Bills. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd move ILB and RB up a bit. Agree that the roster still needs a lot of work. Thanks Mac.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Williamson isn’t cut. What you expect doesn’t really matter . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

QB was excluded from this excercise

ILB and RB really don’t move the needle for me. You want to say the Jets are #1 at both positions? Fine, but that isn’t going to change the fact that on paper its still the worst offense & defense in division. 

Not sure how you can say Jets have a better Oline than Pats/Bills. 

 

Umm...that's like comparing basketball teams but excluding shooting guards.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As compared to who was starting on Offense in 2019, we'll have 7 new guys out there including 80% of the OLine.  Crazy.

Darnold, Bell, Crowder and Alex Lewis will be the only guys back.  Herndon* didn't play in 2019 so I didn't include him.  I'm assuming Winters is gone in this scenario.

WR - Perriman

TE - Herndon*

LT - Becton

LG - Lewis

C - McGovern

RG - Van Roten

RT - Fant

WR - Crowder

WR - Mims

RB - Bell

QB - Darnold

4/5 of the starting OL has been changed and significantly upgraded.  We have 2 NEW WR burners.  Herndon is back after a year layoff.    Sam has another year under his belt and is ready to bloom.  Bell is on last year and will reclaim his role as one of the best rb's in the NFL. and Totally different offense on many levels. Now that's entertainment.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They probably do...

except they have the best QB by a lot - and that makes them the best team in the division.

Jet fans are so freaking delusional when it comes to Darnold.. 

Koolaid taste so good. 

 

  • Thumb Down 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins may be more talented then the Pats, however due to chemistry I agree that the Pats are 2nd. 

We definitely have the worse roster but for different reasoning then what you put together. Onwuasor is our starting backer and should definitely elevate us to 2nd. Our DL shouldn't be listed 1st as they're one dimensional run stoppers. Bell is the best RB in the AFC better yet division.

Opps nvm, I see you had IDL and edge separated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Umm...that's like comparing basketball teams but excluding shooting guards.  

I mean if you think about it, were the Bulls really the team of the 90s? Take Jordan out of it, those Knicks teams were the best team in the eastern conference by far. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

4/5 of the starting OL has been changed and significantly upgraded.  We have 2 NEW WR burners.  Herndon is back after a year layoff.    Sam has another year under his belt and is ready to bloom.  Totally different offense on many levels. Now that's entertainment.

It’s sorta like sending your car to Counts Customs and dropping 70k to let Danny and the boys do their magic. Them someone ask you for a picture of it when it’s done and you send them a picture of it before you sent it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Jet fans are so freaking delusional when it comes to Darnold.. 

Koolaid taste so good. 

 

Not all but many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post is just so bad on so many levels. The Pat's wide receiving core is good? How do you already know Zack Moss is better than Perine? Jordan Howard is suddenly great?  Ugh.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could have the best QB in the division (I'm only saying could). 

Why is there a "big gap" between the Pats/Bills OLs and ours? There was a big gap. Not sure anymore. Our OL also seems to be fairly deep now by NFL standards. The Pats OL also wasn't exactly lighting it up at the end of the year last year. 

Football doesn't really work the way you are pretending it does. Defensive and offensive units can be greater (or less) than the sum of their parts. Our defense played pretty well at times last year and finished with a decent overall ranking. I think the Dolphins, for sure, have to prove their defense is better than ours. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in summary, we have the worst group of WR, CB and Edge Rushers.  I think that's fair although personally, I would not swap WR groups with NE so I would argue we are probably 3rd but that's subjective.

We have the best RB, IDL, Safety, and ILB.  Oh and probably the best QB.

We probably have the worst Kicker and maybe the best Punter if Mann lives up to advertising.

 

Dolphins have the worst OL, worst RB and probably second-worst QB situation.  So let me ask the board this...would you swap offensive rosters with the Dolphins right now? 

And even after the draft, would you swap defensive rosters with them?

For me both answers are no, although the offense one is in all caps and bolded.

And I would not swap offensive rosters with NE right now, because THEY HAVE NO QB.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may as well just forfeit the season.  Why waste energy when we are clearly the worst?  That would just be crazy.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...