Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

There's an argument to be made that we have the weakest roster in the division, but I don't think it's by a wide margin, nor is it a given.

I would not at all be shocked if the offense was leaps and bounds better based purely on the line upgrades, and our defense was pretty good last year despite tons of injuries.

Like really, if we won the AFC East next year would you be that suprirsed? The division feels wide open with Brady gone.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Should have stopped right there.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s sorta like sending your car to Counts Customs and dropping 70k to let Danny and the boys do their magic. Them someone ask you for a picture of it when it’s done and you send them a picture of it before you sent it off. 

Would you prefer the slop sent out there last year?  If the Jets dont stop effin around and surround Sam with OL and weapons, he's ouuta here in a heartbeat.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks, Brooklyn.  My rainy Sunday needs this.

The Patriots didn't need the best roster in the division to dominate the division; they just needed the best quarterback.  Hello, you beautiful Sam Darnold.

The Jets would have gone 10-6 and taken the Bills playoff spot if not being the most injured team in the NFL last year and this year we will surely be much better.  Not just because of players we added in FA or the draft; because the wounded starters are coming back.  No team in the AFC East will have more 2020 talent incremental to last year than the Jets will because no other AFC East team has players like we have returning from missing the entire 2019 campaign.

The Jets have run a gauntlet that neither the Bills nor Patriots have.  It's been smooth sailing for the Bills the past two years.  Beat the scrubs, lose to the elites.  Patriots, same thing of course, no bumps in the road to dominance.  The Jets opened 1-7 in the world's biggest media market, everyone screaming for the head coaches head, it doesn't get worse in all of sports, it's literally hell for the organization.  And we finished a brilliant 6-2.  With half the team comprised of third stringers and practice squaders.  The QB looked great, Top 10 rating.  The HC retained his entire staff, no one is trying to get out of town.  That toughens a team.  That makes the Jets more prepared for 2020 than any other AFC East competitor.

SAR I

Sorry dude for this exercise we are ignoring the QBs. Thanks for playing. 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Another bills fan troll.. How many are there around here... Seems that a lot of these insecure pests all of a sudden started coming out to play... Exposed

I don't think so.  Bills fans truly believe Josh Allen is a good QB.  They really do.

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Would you prefer the slop sent out there last year?  If the Jets dont stop effin around and surround Sam with OL and weapons, he's ouuta here in a heartbeat.

I was referring to the OP ignoring the fact our roster is going to be significantly different. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The only team that is clearly better than us is Buffalo. New England is on the downside with Brady gone and Miami is a work in progress just like us and they have a rookie QB. Talk to me at the end of the year. 

....and despite the roster appearance on paper, the Bills were only 3 games better than the Jets last year, as injured and depleted as we were.  Look at their schedule.

at Jets
at Dolphins

Bengals

Those are the 3 wins the 10-6 Bills had that the 7-9 Jets didn't.

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, Darnold almost died and Mosley was lost for the season, we still had them cornered until late in the game.  Dolphins and Bengals games were on Sam as he was trying to make it back from injury.  Both were winless at the time.  The December Jets wipe the floor with those two teams.

Tell me, if the Jets fielded the roster we had in August against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals, we don't win those 3 games?  Of course we do.  And we just had a great FA and draft period.  The Jets are the team to beat, not the Bills, not the Pats.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

....and despite the roster appearance on paper, the Bills were only 3 games better than the Jets last year, as injured and depleted as we were.  Look at their schedule.

at Jets
at Dolphins

Bengals

Those are the 3 wins the 10-6 Bills had that the 7-9 Jets didn't.

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, Darnold almost died and Mosley was lost for the season.  Dolphins and Bengals games were on Sam as he was trying to make it back from injury. 

Tell me, if the Jets fielded the roster we had in August against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals, we don't win those 3 games?  Of course we do.  And we just had a great FA and draft period.  The Jets are the team to beat, not the Bills, not the Pats.

SAR I

The difference from Moseley being on the field and off the field was night and day.  Scary how much we needed him in there, but having him back is going to be a huge difference.  Maybe getting a little more from QW, getting Avery Williamson back and then factoring in that we have better talent at CB this year suggests we should have a solid, if not ferocious defense.  

On offense, I think if the new OLine is competent, that alone will create a very different look and feel for this team with a healthy Darnold behind Center.  It sounds homerish, but I agree with you that we win 3 games this year we lost last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Kind of hard to just ignore QB though when it's the most important position on the field.

We're no better than tied for second. 

1.    Fitzpatrick based on experience, and was pretty good last year. Tua  won't see the field until late '20, probably not until '21

2/3. Darnold/Allen I'll call this a tie. Both have looked good, and bad at times. Comes down to which one can improve the most.

4.    Stidham?? or who knows who else?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sorry dude for this exercise we are ignoring the QBs. Thanks for playing. 

LOL, what a dumb thread.

Who has the best car in the Daytona 500 (ignore the engine please)?  Who wins the Yankees Astros game tonight (ignore the pitchers please)?

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

LOL, what a dumb thread.

Who has the best car in the Daytona 500 (ignore the engine please)?  Who wins the Yankees Astros game tonight (ignore the pitchers please)?

SAR I

Who wins the Yankees Astros series in 2017?  Ignore the cheating.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

sad prawn GIF by Topshelf RecordsThat's why your on the practice squad!

This roster, even when you ignore QB, is definitely not worse than Miami's. It's also very close to whatever they have in NE and Buffalo.

The only reason i'd rank the Jets 2/4 overall is because i have zero faith in Gase. I can see the team underachieving with Gase, while NE will almost certainly punch above their weight with Bill belichick.

Buffalo and miami don't worry me at all.

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're no better than tied for second. 

1.    Fitzpatrick based on experience, and was pretty good last year. Tua  won't see the field until late '20, probably not until '21

2/3. Darnold/Allen I'll call this a tie. Both have looked good, and bad at times. Comes down to which one can improve the most.

4.    Stidham?? or who knows who else?

You call it a tie except one had mono and the worst OLINE in NFL history... keep at it bro

Allen goes down and Buffalo doesn’t miss a beat. Jets are 0-6 averaging 7ppg without Darnold. 

yea, it’s a tie 

• Upvote 1