Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

give your Sam Darnold fleshlight a rest.

what is plenty? 4? 5?

I’m about as grounded when it comes to Darnold as anyone on here, but you are ridiculous. 

Marshall and Decker were ridiculous in 2015 and turned Fitzys’s wounded ducks look into nice “back shoulder throws”. Parker also had a few games this year where he played out of his mind. 

Darnold was building some chemistry with DT on some back shoulder throws before he got hurt. It’s certainly not in Crowder, Vyncint Smith, and Daniel Brown’s game. 

46 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

N’Keal over Mims?  That’s cute

You can't be serious? This has to be a joke.

Harry was a much better prospect and Denzel hasn't even played a snap. Until proven otherwise, N'Keal > Mims.

FFS, a lot of WR needy teams passed on Mims as his stock was plummeting. 

3 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Harry was a much better prospect and Denzel hasn't even played a snap. Until proven otherwise, N'Keal > Mims.

Didn’t the Pats just sign Marquise Lee to replace Harry and also gave up a 2nd round pick to get Sanu to replace Harry mid season 2019?

Harry looks like a major bust so far. On that note alone I would take Mims over him. The reason I put the Pats ahead of the Jets is Edelman.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Considering how masterful JD has been in getting help for the line, WR help and a few other nice value pieces in the draft, I expect that the Jets will have a nice roster in the coming years.  Right now, they are not to bad at all.  They are a CB and DE/OLB away from being a fairly complete team.  

32 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

That's because Sanu got traded mid season. You also ignore his entire career where he has put up similar numbers to Crowder for years.

Saying Crowder would put up 1000 yards and 9 TDs is foolish. Why are you giving him 1 TD per game missed when he doesn't even average a TD per game?

Also one of those games was against NE so his production would hardly change. Actually with Darnold the 2nd time against NE, he went from 25 yards to 26 yards lol.

Crowder is still better. Mohamed Sanu averaged 500 yards reception and 2.8 touchdowns per season over nine seasons. Crowder averaged 567 yards and 3.3 touchdowns per season.  Crowder is just hitting his prime, whereas Sanu is 30 and is at the end of his prime.  I just mean that I think Jamison Crowder‘s best years are still ahead of him.  But the difference isn’t as big as I thought when looking at their careers, but crowder is better. 567>500, 3.3>2.8

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The team except for those two seasons was a laughing stock and a running joke on the late night circuit with Rex's antic's. It was so bad that Rex himself declared he was getting a fresh start with a clean slate after about 4 or 5 years as the HC. Even he knew those first two seasons had become meaningless. 

Yes, it was a clown show but that wasn't the point. The team had a good amount of success on the field. That was my point. What other Jet team has gone to back to back championship games? It was not meaningless, lol. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I’m about as grounded when it comes to Darnold as anyone on here, but you are ridiculous. 

Marshall and Decker were ridiculous in 2015 and turned Fitzys’s wounded ducks look into nice “back shoulder throws”. Parker also had a few games this year where he played out of his mind. 

Darnold was building some chemistry with DT on some back shoulder throws before he got hurt. It’s certainly not in Crowder, Vyncint Smith, and Daniel Brown’s game. 

Sam is a bottom six QB who has been outplayed by Fitz both his forst 2 years.  Ceiling is higher. But he still has to show it.

Marshall and Decks were 2 above avg WRs. I believe, Chowda is an above avg slot, a plus player but a B ,not an A.

I believe that Mims will be a plus player, an A, starting as a B. And that Perriman is an avg player with B potential.

Samboy had in it him to be a middle o the pack QB, no doubt. We drafted him to be a B+ to A player...  so far C-.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Sam is a bottom six QB who has been outplayed by Fitz both his forst 2 years.  Ceiling is higher. But he still has to show it.

Marshall and Decks were 2 above avg WRs. I believe, Chowda is an above avg slot, a plus player but a B ,not an A.

I believe that Mims will be a plus player, an A, starting as a B. And that Perriman is an avg player with B potential.

Samboy had in it him to be a middle o the pack QB, no doubt. We drafted him to be a B+ to A player...  so far C-.

I agree .I would have drafted jacob eason too.  I like him a lot . He looks like ryan mallett.  But he ran a 40 time under 5, so he can be a starter. 

6 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

Gotta love when you're judging teams that you've never seen actually play together yet. The fact you have Bell & Pirine 4th under the likes Michel and White is either you trolling for attention or you don't watch football. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Didn’t the Pats just sign Marquise Lee to replace Harry and also gave up a 2nd round pick to get Sanu to replace Harry mid season 2019?

Harry looks like a major bust so far. On that note alone I would take Mims over him. The reason I put the Pats ahead of the Jets is Edelman.  

In one season someone is already a bust? And Pat's didnt pick up anyway to "replace" anyone. They are "addition to" that's the difference.

And Harry's had one season in the NFL but somehow Mims who hasn't even gone through a camp is better? Also was past on by other teams as well...

And some jets fans holding this "we got the best QB in the division"

So?? Still need a team and your QB isn't going against other teams QBs you are going against their defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Do you think 5 games erases how invisible Perriman has been for his 5 year career. 

Do you think we should compare how bad of a fit Sanu was in that offense to the rest of his career? Do you think we should assume Harry is better than any WR in the league? 

4 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

In one season someone is already a bust? And Pat's didnt pick up anyway to "replace" anyone. They are "addition to" that's the difference.

And Harry's had one season in the NFL but somehow Mims who hasn't even gone through a camp is better?

So?? Still need a team and your QB isn't going against other teams QBs you are going against their defense.

Pat's have the worst roster in the NFL buddy. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Lol Harry was a reach by the Pats. No one was taking him before AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. Harry couldn’t separate in college, he’s gonna have to make a career making contested catches at a 47% clip in order to be average. He’s not a particularly dynamic WR. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

He remains the only Jet QB ever who knew how to throw back shoulder ...  it's a timing and ball placement thing...

and when he's on his slant is good too...  remember Decker's 2015?

hey, you're not allowed to say that here. Everyone is supposed to hate Fitz...

49 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, it was a clown show but that wasn't the point. The team had a good amount of success on the field. That was my point. What other Jet team has gone to back to back championship games? It was not meaningless, lol. 

If ypu want to hang on to that as being a great a complishment, more power to you. I am looking at the product as a whole. Great teams don't  become jokes. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Lol Harry was a reach by the Pats. No one was taking him before AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. Harry couldn’t separate in college, he’s gonna have to make a career making contested catches at a 47% clip in order to be average. He’s not a particularly dynamic WR. 

He is also going to have more trouble with Stidman throwing to him. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Harry was WR1 in most Drafts. AJ Brown was a consensus 2nd rounder, along with Deebo.

Now with hindsight that will change, but that doesn't change how they looked as prospects

35 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

And Harry's had one season in the NFL but somehow Mims who hasn't even gone through a camp is better? Also was past on by other teams as well...

Harry is a jag. The thing with the Pats is they have had such success,  it covers up how poorly they draft. 

• Upvote 1