Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Harry is a jag. The thing with the Pats is they have had such success,  it covers up how poorly they draft. 

Harry might very well be, but I am sure Pats success doesn't rely on harry success.

And Pats have drafted better than the jets besides having Brady 

15 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Harry was WR1 in most Drafts. AJ Brown was a consensus 2nd rounder, along with Deebo.

Now with hindsight that will change, but that doesn't change how they looked as prospects

I can’t think of any place that had Harry before Hollywood Brown, Metcalf or Brown. They might exist but they probably don’t exist. Harry was a bad pick either way and it’s gonna look worse in when those guys all go on to have really good careers.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Harry might very well be, but I am sure Pats success doesn't rely on harry success.

And Pats have drafted better than the jets besides having Brady 

That’s generally fair but that’s more an indictment of the Jets than anything else.

Silly original post. If you are trying to look objective, try not to be so obviously biased. Instead, just start: As a Bills fan.....blah, blah, blah....

Let's revisit again at your rankings: 

QB: Jets (by a substantial amount), Bills, Pats?, Phins? (last two will be lunch!).

TE: Jets (by a mile), Bills, Pats, Phins

WR: Bills (by a mile), Jets, Phins, Pats (This is the Bills largest edge)

RB: Bills, Jets, Phins, Pats (Top 3 almost even now that Nell has an Oline)

OLine: Crap shoot, but I have it Pats, Bills, Jets, Phins

But the Defensive, oh our defense--will be sick:

LBs: Jets, Bills, Pats, Phins (Jets by a mile)

DLine: Bills, Jets (close behind; better in the run game), Pats, and Phins

CB: Bills, Pats, Phins, Jets (let's wait and see here??)

Safeties: Jets (by a mile), Pats, Bills, Phins.

Overall D Jets, Bills (very close behind), Pats, Phins

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That’s generally fair but that’s more an indictment of the Jets than anything else.

I am not sure what you mean by your last sentence. But in general I hate draft convos...cause besides a couple cant misses nobody knows who did well and who didnt.

You dont start seeing it til like the 3rd maybe 4th season..

Idk who has the worse roster in the AFC or why does it matter right now...to me just be happy if your team addressed a need(s)

57 minutes ago, cookiemonstaman said:

There is no talent on the pats offense and no pass rush and a bad new qb. Gluck.

The Pats didn't have a pass rush either and they were still elite. They sent zero blitzes 24/7 because they have amazing DBs. That wont change next year.

They struggled with teams who had weapons that could match their DBs like the Chiefs and Texans. They also struggled vs teams that didn't depend on their WRs like the Ravens.

Looking at their 2020 opponenets, the Chiefs, Texans, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bills, and Ravens look like the only teams that have enough fire power to challenge the Pats defense. The Broncos and Dolphins can also potentially make that list.

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If ypu want to hang on to that as being a great a complishment, more power to you. I am looking at the product as a whole. Great teams don't  become jokes. 

You laughed when a poster mentioned that this particular Jet team had a lot of success.  They actually did, and yes, I want to hang onto that thanks. If you don't think being in back to back championship games are an accomplishment regardless of the off the field issues I don't know what to tell ya. 

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I can’t think of any place that had Harry before Hollywood Brown, Metcalf or Brown. They might exist but they probably don’t exist. Harry was a bad pick either way and it’s gonna look worse in when those guys all go on to have really good careers.

Sorry, Hollywood was the consensus #1, but Harry was #2.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You guys really get bruised feelings when someone dares to not join in the love fest for the kid, huh?

Is it really such a crime to say you haven't been impressed by what you've seen so far? 

Since you brought up life in general, that's something you can do with someone, and yet still root for him to succeed. Apparently if you do it here you're a:

Bills fan

Giants fan

a troll

or you just "hate Darnold"

See, it's the "you guys" part that probably has most people wondering...

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I am not sure what you mean by your last sentence. But in general I hate draft convos...cause besides a couple cant misses nobody knows who did well and who didnt.

You dont start seeing it til like the 3rd maybe 4th season..

Idk who has the worse roster in the AFC or why does it matter right now...to me just be happy if your team addressed a need(s)

The Pats haven’t been exceptional drafters. The Jets have been really bad drafter. 

17 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

The Pats didn't have a pass rush either and they were still elite. They sent zero blitzes 24/7 because they have amazing DBs. That wont change next year.

They struggled with teams who had weapons that could match their DBs like the Chiefs and Texans. They also struggled vs teams that didn't depend on their WRs like the Ravens.

Looking at their 2020 opponenets, the Chiefs, Texans, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bills, and Ravens look like the only teams that have enough fire power to challenge the Pats defense. The Broncos and Dolphins can also potentially make that list.

Ever hear of the Cover 0?

What I said is that the Jets and Bills are close. If Jets address their CB issues, the Jets have a stronger D--without their best player last year, they were stout against the run. I believe they will be stronger against the pass this year. It will be close, but Bills are not that tough. Let's not forget, in game 1, before the collapse when our best player hurt his hamstring, the Jets were dominating the Bills (16-0). The collapse happened and Sam was sick--that game and his damn dating habits could have changed everything last year. That game was also huge for the Blls' confidence--they may believe now, but I remain in doubt. We have a tough schedule, but the Jets are not that far from being a contender--two years away in my book.  Bills QB looked ordinary in the playoffs--let's see this year with the addition of a top-flight receiver--accuracy much???? I like their lead back--Singletary--nice scatter back was banged up last year (on my fantasy team and one week a stud, next week a zero). Let's see how he handles the bulk of the carries?This year head to head: Bills at home win their game; we beat them at home. In terms of NFC west tour--I do not think they beat any team we lose to--SF? Seattle? I think Bills and Jets can beat Arizona and Rams--we will see when they play?? The teams are not as far apart as you suggest.

In terms of QBs and the Phins, no way Fitz is better than Sam--even if Fitz play remains the same, which I doubt, Fitz is as likely to throw 3 picks as he is to throw 3 TDs (Jets fans know this all too well)--the guy had to throw a ton last year because their D stopped no one. Do not tell me crap about Parker--dude finally had a nice year, in a pass-happy campaign--everyone in Miami was talking bust before he showed life. Phins' best draft pick was getting Brida--stud, wish Jets were smart enough to get him--speedster Jets needed. In any case, Jets have unquestionably a better D than the Phins.  We will see about the Pats after their offense comes down to earth--reality will be sobering. In terms of TEs, any team in East would take Jets's core over theirs--I do not care what pass crazy Fitz of last year showed. Sam will have a better year if OLine plays to what is expected. New LT will need help, as any rookie. Fant will be a pleasant surprise at RT--watch his film from last year. Our receiving corps will be better with Mims, and a healthy Herndon--I suspect plenty of two, maybe even three TE sets next year (not always, put the have the personnel for it). Bell should improve with a better Oline. I still see a 7-9 or 8-8 season, but the team will be much better. Phins have improved, but they are not better than the Jets. I do not see a great draft on their part, though I like Tua. 

Pats are substantially weaker.  Is their D better? Is their O better? Come on? Where??? RB? QB? Receivers??? TEs??? In terms of the D, I do not think so if the Jets are even close to respectable at CB---they will be. I also suspect Jets to play tons of Nickel packages, and I believe in our DC, who has much more to work with this year. I also expect one more FA move before the end of camp--If Avery Williams and Winters are gone, I like an Edge pick-up (I hope, at least).

Bills are much better than last year, but we are not that far behind. I recall all those fans here killing Sheppard as a bust, now most love him. Give Q some time, he will have a nice season if he stays healthy--he is still very quick and will be destructive up the middle. Mosley will make a huge difference. The team a far better than the Phins; better than the Pats without a viable QB, and slightly behind the Bills if the balls rolls our way for a change. Then again, that s what makes me a Jets fan--eternal optimist!!!!  Final standings: Bills (10-6 or 9-7); Jets (7-9); Pats (7-9);Phins (6-10). 

30 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You laughed when a poster mentioned that this particular Jet team had a lot of success.  They actually did, and yes, I want to hang onto that thanks. If you don't think being in back to back championship games are an accomplishment regardless of the off the field issues I don't know what to tell ya. 

For me it's  all about getting to the Super Bowl.  Can you name the last 3 teams that lost the AFCCG without looking it up?

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Pats haven’t been exceptional drafters. The Jets have been really bad drafter. 

Ok..I think you are making my point..cause I think the jets have been worse

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That's  an awfully  low bar you are setting. 

I am not setting any bar, I am speaking facts clearly they (the pats) did better than the rest of the AFC east drafting wise because again..its more than just having a franchise QB

Brady was never just the only factor...

Edited by ghost_in_pads02

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For me it's  all about getting to the Super Bowl.  Can you name the last 3 teams that lost the AFCCG without looking it up?

No I can't but I am not the type of guy that thinks the team who wins the super bowl is the only team that has had a successful season. If my team is one of 4 teams out of 32 that is left playing I would consider that successful especially for this franchise. Let me ask you something. If the Jets made it to the AFCCG this year would you consider it a success or failure? 

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Who's a better qb in the division?

I responded to a post that said this:

“....except they have the best QB by a lot”

Which to me is way off. There isn’t a clear best QB in the division, with Tom now gone it’s entirely young unproven QB’s. 

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Harry was a much better prospect and Denzel hasn't even played a snap. Until proven otherwise, N'Keal > Mims.

Based on that logic Devin Smith > Jerry Jeudy

Btw you’re talking up a scrub who got 105 yards receiving for his entire rookie season.  That’s putrid.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You having us beat the Bills twice is a testament to who you’ve become. The ray of light of this message board during dark times. “ Shine on your crazy diamond (watch)!” 

We beat them twice last year. It’s not a stretch. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, hamat711 said:

The Jets lost to the Bengals in December.

They also played the Dolphins in December and won by 1 point, so no you did not wipe the floor with them.

Completely injured.  Most injuries and illnesses in franchise history. 

The Bills aren’t going to the playoffs this year. You had your shot and blew it.  The price you pay for not trading up to get Darnold when you had the chance.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

It’s all on the offense around Darnold to carry him. If Douglas has assembled the right crop of guys it’s doable. If the Jets offense can manage to be average this year they’re good enough to win at least 8-9 games. The league sucks right now so it’s not hard to make a run in the AFC with the Patriots gone.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ok..I think you are making my point..cause I think the jets have been worse

I am not setting any bar, I am speaking facts clearly they (the pats) did better than the rest of the AFC east drafting wise because again..its more than just having a franchise QB

Brady was never just the only factor...

Spare me. The only draft pick that is worth a ? in the last 3 years is Michelle.  Please name this plathora of studs in that time that were drafted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No I can't but I am not the type of guy that thinks the team who wins the super bowl is the only team that has had a successful season. If my team is one of 4 teams out of 32 that is left playing I would consider that successful especially for this franchise. Let me ask you something. If the Jets made it to the AFCCG this year would you consider it a success or failure? 

Relative to where this team finished last season, you have to believe it was a successful  season in terms of improvement but not in terms of satisfaction. 

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Spare me. The only draft pick that is worth a ? in the last 3 years is Michelle.  Please name this plathora of studs in that time that were drafted. 

Please name me the jets corner stones in the last 3 years?

Let's remember where the jets usually draft to where the Pats have drafted

I will even let you keep darnold eventhough he was the 3rd pick..like you(a team) shouldn't f that up.

1 minute ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Please name me the jets corner stones in the last 3 years?

Let's remember where the jets usually draft to where the Pat's have drafted

I will even let you keep darnold eventhough he was the 3rd pick..like you shouldn't f that up.

Case closed. You can't  name anyone. The question  was who have the Pats drafted in last 3 years that is worth a crap besides Michells.So we drafted Darnold and Adams, you just drafted Michelle. Seems like the Jets have done a better job with 2 of the worst GM's ever to have the position 

There’s a lot of things wrong with those rankings.

our RBs should be tied with the Bills as best in the AFCE and we have the best qb.

Pats have by far the best cbs in the league, they’re super talented there.  Their Lbs are old now and depleted by FA and probably worst in the AFCE, ditto for their WRs.  (Everyone on their offense was walking injured last season, but you can clearly see major slippage in Edelman and Sanu, Nkeal didn’t look great after he returned).  However their DTs and DL are underrated.  They had a historically great D that gassed out mid season bc their O were so banged up they were putting rbs at wrs.  They have a ton of youngtalent on the Oline that played hurt, but on the weapon and rb side  it’s old Edelman and a ton of unproven.  They’re the worst offense in the AFCE...  worse even than the Dolphins.