Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Case closed. You can't  name anyone. The question  was who have the Pats drafted in last 3 years that is worth a crap besides Michells.So we drafted Darnold and Adams, you just drafted Michelle. Seems like the Jets have done a better job with 2 of the worst GM's ever to have the position 

No case is not closed you are missing the point.

I never said that the Patriots always drafted well for the most part they have done better than the rest of this division again it's more than just having a franchiseQB

you picking randomly the last 3 years and can only give me your QB that you had at 3(wasnt a hard decision) and a safety where 1/2 this board argues about keeping tells me alot. 

Nobody on offense thinks the key to stopping the jets is to game plan for Jamal Adams. The jets could trade Adams tomorrow and I bet they will not miss a beat on defense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I never said that the Patriots always drafted well for the most part they have done better than the rest of this division again it's more than just having a franchiseQB

-you picking the last 3 years and can only give me your QB that you had at 3rd and a safety where 1/2 this board argues about keeping tells alot. 

Nobody on offense thinks the key to stopping the jets is to game plan for Jamal Adams. The jets could trade Adams tomorrow and I bet they will not miss a beat on.

He’s not wrong. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Romanese said:

What I said is that the Jets and Bills are close. If Jets address their CB issues, the Jets have a stronger D--without their best player last year, they were stout against the run. I believe they will be stronger against the pass this year. It will be close, but Bills are not that tough. 

1. The Bills D isn't that tough? They were 2nd in points allowed and 3rd in yards allowed.

2. The Jets still lack edge pressure which limits their potential as a defense.

• Thumb Down 2

No they don't. The Patriots and Dolphins do. Patriots might have a great defense, but there offense is garbage. Patriots also lost some players on there defense, and there offense is still terrible without Brady to mask the offenses short comings. Honestly, Patriots will be picking in the top 10 in this draft, maybe top 5 with there schedule. Hope they don't suck enough that they end up with Lawrence.

Dolphins are switching offenses and while they have good wr's, there offensive line is still terrible. There defense also was ranked as the worst defense in the NFL last year. Dolphins are a bad team that over performed, partly due to having an extremely easy schedule.

Bills will win the AFC East, they have a pretty good roster and Allen is serviceable. All in all, Bills win the division (assuming Josh Allen doesn't sh*t the bed), Jets probably place 2nd (assuming, again, that Darnold doesn't sh*t the bed), Patriots 3rd, and Dolphins last.

36 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

you picking randomly the last 3 years and can only give me your QB that you had at 3(wasnt a hard decision) and a safety where 1/2 this board argues about keeping tells me alot. 

Nobody on offense thinks the key to stopping the jets is to game plan for Jamal Adams. The jets could trade Adams tomorrow and I bet they will not miss a beat on defense.

There are a handful of people that want to trade Jamal and it isn't for his on field performance so if you actually  do read this board you would have known that. I used the last three years as in recent drafting history. You want to get random, I can give you the years we drafted Johnthan Vilma, Brick and Mangold, and Freeman McNeil. 

And If you aren't  defending the Pats drafting, then what are you arguing? Nobody in their right mind would say the Jets are good or even below average at drafting, they have outright sucked. You are the one who said the Pats have drafted better but you seem to not even be able to name any players in the last three years to point to as proof. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

Look at the depth charts of New England, Miami, and Buffalo and rank the units (ignore QB for now). Adam Gase seems like a nice guy with a great family, but he is toast. The only hope the Jets have in this division over the next few years is if Darnold plays significantly better than Allen, Stidham/Pats QB, and Tua. 

My offensive rankings (Pretty big gap on paper between Bills/Pats and Jets/Dolphins because of Oline) 

1) Bills

2) Pats 

3) Dolphins

4) Jets 

Defensive rankings (All defenses look pretty good-not going to be easy for Sam) 

1) Bills 

2) Pats

3) Dolphins 

4) Jets 

RB: 

1) Bills (Singletary/Moss)

2) Pats (Michel/White)

3) Dolphins (Howard/Brieda)

4) Jets (Bell/Perine)

OL: 

1) Pats (Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon) 

2) Bills (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Felciano, Ford)

3) Jets (Becton/Fant,Edoga, Lewis, McGovern, GVR/Winters, Becton/Fant/Edoga)

4) Dolphins (Davenport/Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Calhoun/Hunt, Davis/Hunt 

WR & TE (Weapons)

1) Bills (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox)

2) Pats (Edelman, Sanu, Harry/Lee, Asaisi/Keene)

3) Dolphins (Parker, Williams, Wilson, Gesicki)

4) Jets (Crowder, Perriman, Mims/scrap heap guys, Herndon/Griffin) 

IDL: 

1) Jets (McClendon, Williams, Fautukasi, Shepard, Anderson) 

2) Bills (Lotululei, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Taylor/Phillips)

3) Dolphins (Godchaux, Raekwon Davis, Wilkins, Moss, Charlton)

4) Pats (Guy, Allen, Simon, Butler, Wise Jr, Thurman) 

Edge Rush 

1) Dolphins (Van Noy, Lawson, Ogbah, Harris/Weaver)

2) Bills (Addioson, Hughes, Epenesa, Murphy) 

3) Pats (Winovich, Bower, Uche, Copeland, Rivers/Calhoun)

4) Jets (Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, Zuniga) 

Safety

1) Jets (Adams, Maye, Davis)

2) Pats (McCourtey, Duggar, Chung) 

3) Bills (Poyer, Hyde, Johnson/Marlowe)

4) Dolphins (Colbert, Rowe, Brandon Jones)

ILB (I’d expect Avery to be cut) 

1) Bills (Edmunds, Milano, Klein,) 

2) Pats (Hightower, Bentley, Jennings) 

3) Jets (Mosley, Hewitt, Burgess/Cashman)

4) Dolphins (Biegel, Baker, Raekwon McMillan)

Cornerback 

1A: Dolphins (Jones, Howard, Igbinoghene)

1B: Bills (White, Wallace, Norman) 

1C: Pats (Gilmore, McCourtey, Jones) 

4) Jets (Desir, Austin/List of scap heap guys, Poole)

My man really spent his whole Sunday on this lol the glasses in your house are never half full, eh? 

• Haha 2

Good lord some of you guys...

Scarlett Johansson could rest her t!ts on your face and you’d complain about it being too cold in the room.

In one offseason, Douglas completely overhauled the OL, grabbed a talented potential #1 receiver for Darnold, added some nice depth pieces on both sides of the ball, obtained a possible pro-bowl caliber punter for years to come, etc.

The Jets aren’t competing for a Super Bowl this year, but they’re sure as sh*t on the right path.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

There are a handful of people that want to trade Jamal and it isn't for his on field performance so if you actually  do read this board you would have known that. I used the last three years as in recent drafting history. You want to get random, I can give you the years we drafted Johnthan Vilma, Brick and Mangold, and Freeman McNeil. 

And If you aren't  defending the Pats drafting, then what are you arguing? Nobody in their right mind would say the Jets are good or even below average at drafting, they have outright sucked. You are the one who said the Pats have drafted better but you seem to not even be able to name any players in the last three years to point to as proof. 

When I have read Jamal debates on here a lot of them have to do with his performance on field...the lack of him actually being a playmaker; Ints, sacks...etc. I chose not to give you a list of patriots names because nobody wants to sit here and go through 8 million paragraphs. That kind of lenghty response tends to be very aggravating to get past especially if you do not care about the response.

Of course i can sit here and reel off names like Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Teddy bruschi, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, Kevin folk, Shane Vereen, Julian Edelman, "Gronk", Devin McCourty, Jamie Collins, Jared Mayo, Chandler Jones, Jimmy Grappolo- especially Grappolo the jets still didnt even have a QB yet and at that time the pats appeared to have drafted two good ones....you think the Jets drafted players that can match up to that list? And not to mention before we knew he was a scrum bag murderer ,Aaron Hernandez as well....? 

All going back to what i was saying. The pats don't always draft well..but they have drafted better than this division during their 20 year run, it wasn't just about Brady 

and last 3 years you can only give me Darnold who fell into your lap because the Giants are....the Giants and Jamal Adams....vs maybe just Sony Michelle, still waiting to see if Isaiah Wynn is worth the first round selection, Chase WInovich and if Damon Harris is any good...so right now for the sake of the decision you appear to be one player better in the draft...that is not even a major gap at all...especially given where the Jets normally pick from. 

3 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Please name me the jets corner stones in the last 3 years?

Let's remember where the jets usually draft to where the Pats have drafted

I will even let you keep darnold eventhough he was the 3rd pick..like you(a team) shouldn't f that up.

He told you the Jets didnt draft well

You keep asking who the cornerstones are?

The point is the the Pats drafted like shlt.

And hes right

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

1. The Bills D isn't that tough? They were 2nd in points allowed and 3rd in yards allowed.

At the halfway mark in the 2019 season, the New York Jets had the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

We were 1-7 at the time.

SAR I

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The Patriots won’t suck enough to get a top 10 pick. But they won’t be good enough to make the playoffs. They’ll be in QB purgatory. Their fans are thin skinned. So tough times are coming.

The Bills lost Jim Kelly and haven't found another franchise quarterback.  It's been 24 years.  They haven't won a playoff game in 25 years.

The Dolphins lost Dan Marino and haven't found another franchise quarterback.  It's been 21 years.  They have won 1 playoff game in the last 20 years.

The Patriots lost Tom Brady.  Their wait starts now.

The Jets lost Joe Namath.  It's been 44 years.  We finally found another franchise quarterback.  While the Bills and Dolphins have another 20 years, and the Patriots 40, we are sitting pretty.  Finally. 

All that mattered since 2001 was to be the one team in the AFC East ready to take the division the moment Tom Brady retired.  Merry Christmas.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

When I have read Jamal debates on here a lot of them have to do with his performance on field...the lack of him actually being a playmaker; Ints, sacks...etc. I chose not to give you a list of patriots names because nobody wants to sit here and go through 8 million paragraphs. That kind of lenghty response tends to be very aggravating to get past especially if you do not care about the response.

Of course i can sit here and reel off names like Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Teddy bruschi, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, Kevin folk, Shane Vereen, Julian Edelman, "Gronk", Devin McCourty, Jamie Collins, Jared Mayo, Chandler Jones, Jimmy Grappolo- especially Grappolo the jets still didnt even have a QB yet and at that time the pats appeared to have drafted two good ones....you think the Jets drafted players that can match up to that list? And not to mention before we knew he was a scrum bag murderer ,Aaron Hernandez as well....? 

All going back to what i was saying. The pats don't always draft well..but they have drafted better than this division during their 20 year run, it wasn't just about Brady 

and last 3 years you can only give me Darnold who fell into your lap because the Giants are....the Giants and Jamal Adams....vs maybe just Sony Michelle, still waiting to see if Isaiah Wynn is worth the first round selection, Chase WInovich and if Damon Harris is any good...so right now for the sake of the decision you appear to be one player better in the draft...that is not even a major gap at all...especially given where the Jets normally pick from. 

Hey homer, last season Adams was a first team All Pro and went to the Pro Bowl 2 times in his first 3  years and if you want to go back 20 years, I can also rattle off a bunch of players as you just did that had great careers. 

I said the Pats have drafted poorly. Every player you listed is retired or near the end of their careers. Was it the Pats intention to not be able to draft replacements for them? And if you want to talk about lucking out on a QB, the Pats are the poster boy for that or did they pass on Brady 6 times on purpose. And stop with this non-sense of where the Pats normally pick from. You pick at the end of the first round. If you can draft well, you can still get a solid player.

10 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Please name me the jets corner stones in the last 3 years?

Let's remember where the jets usually draft to where the Pats have drafted

I will even let you keep darnold eventhough he was the 3rd pick..like you(a team) shouldn't f that up.

Your pats had one cornerstone left Brady

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Lol Harry was a reach by the Pats. No one was taking him before AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. Harry couldn’t separate in college, he’s gonna have to make a career making contested catches at a 47% clip in order to be average. He’s not a particularly dynamic WR. 

But Harry had a whole 125 yards receiving his rookie season 

Egg on your face pal

13 hours ago, cookiemonstaman said:

Brady will no longer save the pats abysmal roster.  Also the the 2008 pats roster with Cassel had Walker moss and wilfork.  Pat's will be 3 and 13.

I love the millennials acting like 2020 is the exact same situation as 2008

It’s obvious who here was actually following football back then and knew what the patriots roster looked like

On 4/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, JetFan20 said:

Bell may be a great player, but he’s pretty useless in Adam Gase’s offense. ILB was tough.

I put Bills at #1 because Edmunds is the best LB in the division and dropped the Jets to #3 because Moseley and Hewitt are coming off injuries. 

My hope is that Gase with an improved O-line will dial up the offense to Bells style of running. Take some plays from the Steelers play book. If it worked in Pittsburgh why can’t it work in NY.

• 4 months later...