Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Patriot Killa

post draft thoughts

Recommended Posts

Agree on most of this. The Bryce Hall was a real steal also. If I could trade the QB for another WR, I would have been very happy. Otherwise great work by JD.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

Agree on most of this. The Bryce Hall was a real steal also. If I could trade the QB for another WR, I would have been very happy. Otherwise great work by JD.

Forgot to mention him. He was a huge steal talent wise is what I hear. I didn’t see much of him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark may end up as a guard. His negative is that he isn't the quickest. So you move him inside next to his bff and they form the left side of Mount RushMore which provides push and a hole to work with for Bell and his patient style.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Agree on most of this. The Bryce Hall was a real steal also. If I could trade the QB for another WR, I would have been very happy. Otherwise great work by JD.

Agreed. Morgan is certainly nothing special and I'd rather have a veteran backup with real NFL experience rather than a rookie who's ceiling is NFL backup. Another WR weapon for Sam might have been of more use. Overall I thought JD did a great job and I love Bryce Hall pick.  Time will tell.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the draft a lot. Douglas did all we could have asked. Now it's up to the players and coaches to take it from here.

Bechton can become a beast. I like that we took a chance on potential to be great.

Mims was a good pick, but I'm a little worried about him, to be honest..

Davis, Hall and Mann... love these picks.  Davis might become the player who finally replaces Deontay Burnett as my "adopted Jet"

The only thing I'd have liked Douglas to do over would be not take Morgan, and get another WR instead with that pick. With this roster, why take a guy who will only get on the field when we don't ever want him to? (unless you think we'll be blowing people out 35-3 in the 4th).

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The draft looks great if Perimann has a good year. If he doesn’t, well than, it looks like a lost opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I liked the draft a lot. Douglas did all we could have asked. Now it's up to the players and coaches to take it from here.
Bechton can become a beast. I like that we took a chance on potential to be great.
Mims was a good pick, but I'm a little worried about him, to be honest..
Davis, Hall and Mann... love these picks.  Davis might become the player who finally replaces Deontay Burnett as my "adopted Jet"
The only thing I'd have liked Douglas to do over would be not take Morgan, and get another WR instead with that pick. With this roster, why take a guy who will only get on the field when we don't ever want him to? (unless you think we'll be blowing people out 35-3 in the 4th).

I agree with you. Or I should say, I did when the pick was made. For whatever reason, I thought we still had Siemian. Once I realized our only backup was Fales, I thought better of this pick. Still would have liked to have gotten another WR, but this pick of a backup QB doesn’t seem as bad anymore. And we see what happens to the Jets offense if Sam goes down!
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as for not getting another WR...   am guessing

one) that Berrios is already slotted as PR and Crowder's b/u

and

two) that they think V Smyth and one of Doctson/Enunwa/DT is an adequate b/u   to Perriman/Mims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I liked the draft a lot. Douglas did all we could have asked. Now it's up to the players and coaches to take it from here.

Bechton can become a beast. I like that we took a chance on potential to be great.

Mims was a good pick, but I'm a little worried about him, to be honest..

Davis, Hall and Mann... love these picks.  Davis might become the player who finally replaces Deontay Burnett as my "adopted Jet"

The only thing I'd have liked Douglas to do over would be not take Morgan, and get another WR instead with that pick. With this roster, why take a guy who will only get on the field when we don't ever want him to? (unless you think we'll be blowing people out 35-3 in the 4th).

Wait, what about Gettlemen outsmarting JD and wanting saying the jets would love to switch drafts with the giants?? And don’t you always say Sam is terrible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetstimeisnow said:

Wait, what about Gettlemen outsmarting JD and wanting saying the jets would love to switch drafts with the giants?? And don’t you always say Sam is terrible? 

You're new, so I'll give you the courtesy of a serious, honest reply.

I never said Gettleman outsmarted JD. I said the trade was good for both teams, and people here are wrong when they say Gettleman is a bad GM.  

I honestly don't remember if I said the Jets would love to switch drafts with the Giants(I'm assuming you're talking about last years draft). I hope I did though, because it's exactly the type of keen observation I'd make, lol. The Giants draft last year blew ours out of the water. It's not even close.

Do I say Sam is always terrible? No. I've said he's played poorly when he has, and I've complimented him when he played well. What annoys people here is that I tweek them when they say things like he's going to throw for 500 yardsw 45 TDs and 5ints(I"m not exaggerating) or that he's a top5-10 QB.

In fact, this whole thing started early last season when I mocked people for saying Darnold was performing better than Mayfield or Allen. When I did, I became a "Bills/Browns fan.

As far as the Browns go, I will plead guilty to rooting for Baker Mayfield. Which is something you didn't mention in your post. I was hoping we drafted him, because I loved watching him in college. I still root for him, think he's a better QB than Sam.. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You're new, so I'll give you the courtesy of a serious, honest reply.

I never said Gettleman outsmarted JD. I said the trade was good for both teams, and people here are wrong when they say Gettleman is a bad GM.  

I honestly don't remember if I said the Jets would love to switch drafts with the Giants(I'm assuming you're talking about last years draft). I hope I did though, because it's exactly the type of keen observation I'd make, lol. The Giants draft last year blew ours out of the water. It's not even close.

Do I say Sam is always terrible? No. I've said he's played poorly when he has, and I've complimented him when he played well. What annoys people here is that I tweek them when they say things like he's going to throw for 500 yardsw 45 TDs and 5ints(I"m not exaggerating) or that he's a top5-10 QB.

In fact, this whole thing started early last season when I mocked people for saying Darnold was performing better than Mayfield or Allen. When I did, I became a "Bills/Browns fan.

As far as the Browns go, I will plead guilty to rooting for Baker Mayfield. Which is something you didn't mention in your post. I was hoping we drafted him, because I loved watching him in college. I still root for him, think he's a better QB than Sam.. 

Nice trolling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Forgot to mention him. He was a huge steal talent wise is what I hear. I didn’t see much of him.

I am high/hopeful of the double dip at Edge with Huff as UDFA who many said should have been drafted on day 3. He has good pure pass rushing speed and heck on Pass rushing downs at times have him, Zuniga, Jenkins, and Luvu either at the same time or alternating rushing the passer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...