Our Wide Receiver Corps

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really. “Not even close”?

Man, some people really loved Robby Anderson didn’t they.

Mims will need time to develop like any rookie receiver. But the drop off from Anderson to Perriman is not worth the tears they induced on this board.

Exactly. I think Perriman will show quickly he is an upgrade over Robby. Robbie is one of the most overrated receivers in the NFL. The concept that this receiving corps is worse is just untenable. People always say Robbie has more career production and ignore Perrimans finish. but he is still a one trick pony, that is not really elusive in the open field, does not make contested catches and is still a very limited route runner. I could be wrong we will see but I suspect that right now both Mims and Perriman are both better receivers than Robby 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I like both of you guys, you know that, but I have to ask.

Are you two dating? This has become quite a lovefest here the last two or three days between both of you....

:wub1:

Love fest? Not as much as you and Baker ? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Crowder stays in the slot

Perriman and Mims replace Anderson and Thomas

Backups of Doctson , Smith,  Enunwa ( maybe), Berrios or one of the free agents

Are we better off with this crew overall or did Anderson make last years group better?   Theres no right answer as of yet, but Im interested in the general consensus.

Do not count on Enunwa he is done 

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Exactly. I think Perriman will show quickly he is an upgrade over Robby. Robbie is one of the most overrated receivers in the NFL. The concept that this receiving corps is worse is just untenable. People always say Robbie has more career production and ignore Perrimans finish. but he is still a one trick pony, that is not really elusive in the open field, does not make contested catches and is still a very limited route runner. I could be wrong we will see but I suspect that right now both Mims and Perriman are both better receivers than Robby 

Be careful by agreeing with Jetsfan80 you are now apparently in a “lovefest” with him ?.  In all seriousness I think Perriman will do a good job filling in for Robby.  My issues with Robby is that despite being a great deep threat he was too inconsistent and couldn’t do much else other than going deep.  I still wanted him back but am not losing sleep over it 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, so it’s just Robby vs Perriman for you.

Saying last years WR group was “much better” really makes no sense even if you think it’s a big drop off on 1 WR.

Robby played 3 productive seasons here, Perriman played 5 productive games in what 4 years?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Robby played 3 productive seasons here, Perriman played 5 productive games in what 4 years?

Again.  Going from Anderson to Perriman doesn't mean that last year's WR group was better and its "not even close".  Anderson isn't Randy Moss and Perriman isn't David Clowney.

It's a silly argument.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again.  Going from Anderson to Perriman doesn't mean that last year's WR group was better and its "not even close".  Anderson isn't Randy Moss and Perriman isn't David Clowney.

It's a silly argument.  

It’s not, there is a significant drop off from Anderson, and Perriman.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s not even close to as good UNLESS Mims is an instant contributor.

I think you are crazy, Robbie took 1/2 the plays off, Thomas needed a walker, chrowder is still here and perriman and doctson are upgrades Quincy will either be healthy or off the team if any of the rookies give us anything we are way ahead.  Throw in we will have a TE to throw to and its not even close that this year will be better.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Not really and I’m a Robby fan who wanted him back 

Last 4 years 

207 rec 3059 yds and 20 TD’s

95 rec 1561 yds and 11 TD’s

And that’s with garbage at QB mostly, and very young Sam Darnold.

So yeah big difference between the 2.

Y’all think 5 games in a Arians offense is 6 years of production damn.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

I think you are crazy, Robbie took 1/2 the plays off, Thomas needed a walker, chrowder is still here and perriman and doctson are upgrades Quincy will either be healthy or off the team if any of the rookies give us anything we are way ahead.  Throw in we will have a TE to throw to and its not even close that this year will be better.

Look up

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Somehow that makes last year's WR room better and its "not even close".

The dropoff of one wide receiver.  One.  

And you're doubling down on that point.  

Silly.  Argument.

Your doubling down that a rookie Perriman and Doctson actually make you comfortable that they definitely can contribute when healthy 100%?  I can’t, but could with Robbie Anderson.