Please forget John Abraham..Please!

The Fat Man

Why are we even talking with this alcoholic loser!

-----The only player in NFL history that was given credit by his new GM for finishing a 16 game schedule. His first in 6 years!

-----73 games/6 years (24 total missed games or 4 games per year average)

-----1 playoff appearance out of 6

-----283 Tackles (73 actual games averaged 3.8 tackles per game)

-----Holdout 2005

-----Made statement to media 2004 that he is concerned more about himself and money than team...He did this during the playoffs instead of waiting till it was over like an arsehole! The comment is one thing but during a playoff game?

-----Complained about contract in middle of year this year and at end of year. This guys has no class and no leadership skills.

-----Now is leaking to press that he wants out of NY! Screw him!

A SACK IS A GLORIFIED TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!NOTHINGMORE!!!!!!!

Jets fans who support this guy do not understand the sport and should start watching Soccer or Pro Wrestling! He is a loser and a bum! Say no to John Abraham and his alkie ways!

-----The only player in NFL history that was given credit by his new GM for finishing a 16 game schedule. His first in 6 years!

-----Holdout 2005

-----Made statement to media 2004 that he is concerned more about himself and money than team...He did this during the playoffs instead of waiting till it was over like an arsehole! The comment is one thing but during a playoff game?

-----Complained about contract in middle of year this year and at end of year. This guys has no class and no leadership skills.

Jets fans who support this guy do not understand the sport and should start watching Soccer or Pro Wrestling! He is a loser and a bum! Say no to John Abraham and his alkie ways!

do you try to be this stupid...or is it just natural?

-----Holdout 2005

It's one thing to say that Jabe isn't worth the money to keep him around or that you think this team needs the freed up money and extra picks a trade would bring or whatever solid debate that has been thrown around here the last few months. But all you're doing is calling him an alkie and I think that makes you an *******, especially to everyone else that has recovered from a drug or alcohol problem. That's probably why no one even bothered to respond to your post, it was moronic and self serving, go f yourself.

BTW, if you really think that a sack is simply a glorified tackle then I just wasted 2 minutes responding to someone that knows nothing about football.:Nuts:

Easy guys, this is going to be tough going for awhile...no need to unnerve each other with the name calling. Some of us have different opinions than others and jumping in someones **** is not going to change what the Jets do one way or the other...grab hold and go along for the ride...it will get a lot more bumpy in the coming months.

And that includes you Fat Man for calling Abe an alcoholic...he made a mistake...move on.

Jets fans who support this guy do not understand the sport and should start watching Soccer or Pro Wrestling! He is a loser and a bum!

Maybe you need to learn the game. He is the only player on the Jet Defense that is an impact game changing capable player. You just don't let a guy like that walk. If you don't want him on the team, fine, but at least lets get something close to equal value back for him. Personally I think he is worth more to the Jets staying on the team than being traded.

Easy guys, this is going to be tough going for awhile...no need to unnerve each other with the name calling. Some of us have different opinions than others and jumping in someones **** is not going to change what the Jets do one way or the other...grab hold and go along for the ride...it will get a lot more bumpy in the coming months.

I shouldn't have resorted to name calling but calling a man an alkie after he had some problems that he overcame and dealt with is immature bullsh!t. I don't need to see that on a messageboard I frequent where I respect most, if not all of the opinioins given as they are usually intelligent and thought provoking while this was simply derogatory and unneccessary.

I shouldn't have resorted to name calling but calling a man an alkie after he had some problems that he overcame and dealt with is immature bullsh!t. I don't need to see that on a messageboard I frequent where I respect most, if not all of the opinioins given as they are usually intelligent and thought provoking while this was simply derogatory and unneccessary.

Raffy, I amended my post to include what Fat Man posted.

I would apprecite it if the name calling stopped and we didn't call him an alcoholic.

Thanks.

ya well people getting over their problems is one thing but i wouldn't want to pay an alcoholic millions of dollars to play a game the requires amazing physical conditioning and mental discipline. i can't wait until abe leaves town on the budweiser truck he rode in on.

John "Alkie" Abraham does not deserve to wear a Jets uniform next season. You jack offs can support this pile of crap and try to justify it in any way you can. You guys are so sensitive to other peoples feelings..what a joke! He is a drunk! Why do you guys continue to support losers like Abraham. Becuase he gets sacks man!!! I love da sacks!!! This guy has caused more problems than anything else. Un friggin believable that you guys trash talk me and about being a jack when that is all you guys do on this site. A bunch of old hens who think they know what the heck is going on in football.

The team needs character not a drunk selfish quitter who typifies the Pro athlete today. ME ME ME ME ME.

JETS GAUGING INTEREST IN ABRAHAM

Though we've yet to attach any validity to those rumors of a trade that would send defensive end John Abraham to the Chargers for quarterback Philip Rivers, a league source tells us that the New York Jets are calling teams in order to gauge interest in a possible deal for their 2005 franchise player.

This means that the Jets will slap the franchise tag on Abraham, again. Based on his 2005 salary of $6.67 million, use of the tag in 2006 will require the Jets to offer him a one-year salary of $8 million -- and the team will need to devote that much money to him under the cap unless and until he is traded, or the tag is removed.

By rule, a non-exclusive franchise player can negotiate with other teams. If the franchise player strikes a deal with another team, his current team has seven days to decide whether to match the offer. If the offer is not matched, the new team must send two first-round picks to the player's former team.

Ironically, the Jets drafted Abraham with one of two first-round picks they obtained upon trading receiver Keyshawn Johnson to the Buccaneers prior to the 2000 draft. With that said, the chances of the Jets getting two No. 1's for Abraham are slim and none. Our guess is that he yields at most a one and a four, or a player of Rivers' ilk and maybe a three.

--------------------

John Abe had 10.5 sacks with the troubles of our defensive line. Ellis had a horribile year and so did Robertson (not a suprise). Hell Lance Legree had a better season then D-Rob. What Im trying to say is he got double teamed and still had 10.5 sacks and no other teammate had more then 5. Its a shame because if you look at the Giants with Micheal and Osi, or the Peppers with Julius and Rucker. How can you possibily say forget that loser ???

Why? Are you the new defender of ethics in the world. He is an Alcoholic! He went to AA. It is a medical condition! Once a drunk always a drunk!

Let me ask you this. You seem to be locked into his alleged alcholism

problem. I say alleged because no one knows for sure his current

state. But lets say the alcholism wasn't an issue at all, then

what would your stance be.

John Abe had 10.5 sacks with the troubles of our defensive line. Ellis had a horribile year and so did Robertson (not a suprise). Hell Lance Legree had a better season then D-Rob. What Im trying to say is he got double teamed and still had 10.5 sacks and no other teammate had more then 5. Its a shame because if you look at the Giants with Micheal and Osi, or the Peppers with Julius and Rucker. How can you possibily say forget that loser ???

abe has zero sacks in the playoffs two seasons ago whilst nursing a strained clitoris.

We aren't gonna forget about Abe because we are not going to fill the hole that his exit would leave in our defense for at least 4 or 5 years. He's our best player, it's really pretty simple.

There is one thing about his speaking out that really, really bothers me: Like Herm Edwards, everybody knows that the Jets are gonna be trying to move Abraham now. His value is gonna be severely reduced--if you think that we are gonna get Phillip Rivers for him now dream on.

:yeahthat:

We aren't gonna forget about Abe because we are not going to fill the hole that his exit would leave in our defense for at least 4 or 5 years. He's our best player, it's really pretty simple.

There is one thing about his speaking out that really, really bothers me: Like Herm Edwards, everybody knows that the Jets are gonna be trying to move Abraham now. His value is gonna be severely reduced--if you think that we are gonna get Phillip Rivers for him now dream on.

I disagree for the simple fact that more than one team will want him which should drive the price up nicely. The other teams know you have to pay to get a guy that does what he does, if you disagree all I can say is stay tuned. :character42:

Let me ask you this. You seem to be locked into his alleged alcholism

problem. I say alleged because no one knows for sure his current

state. But lets say the alcholism wasn't an issue at all, then

what would your stance be.

Well, regarding his "alleged state", my brother was at a restaurant about a month ago, and he saw Abe with Coles, and Abe had a drink in his hand . In your opinion , should an admitted alcoholic be drinking, even if it is just one ? I think that says a lot about his character right there . Don't get me wrong, I love Abe and I think he has a world of talent . I just hope if we do keep him , his off-the-field life won't hinder his game play ,

Well, regarding his "alleged state", my brother was at a restaurant about a month ago, and he saw Abe with Coles, and Abe had a drink in his hand . In your opinion , should an admitted alcoholic be drinking, even if it is just one ? I think that says a lot about his character right there . Don't get me wrong, I love Abe and I think he has a world of talent . I just hope if we do keep him , his off-the-field life won't hinder his game play ,

Did your brother smell the drink, did he taste it, could it have been

non-alcholic?? Look, just kidding. Yes, if he is still drinking its a problem.

But my response to Fat Man was more trying to find out if he was

more hung up on the alchohol problem than his talent?

I disagree for the simple fact that more than one team will want him which should drive the price up nicely. The other teams know you have to pay to get a guy that does what he does, if you disagree all I can say is stay tuned. :character42:

I tend to agree with you on this. The fact that the Jets may want to

move Abe has been hanging out there for over a year now since the

end of the 2004 season. It should not come as a surprise to any team.

I could see him going to a team that feels they are close and he

may be one of the missing links. Remember if he goes to a winning

team it means that they are usually ahead and the opponent has to

pass to catch up which fits right into his talent.

I would say if the Jets didn't franchise him and let him go as a UFA

he would get more attention than if they franchise him and try to

sign and trade because teams may not want to give up too much.

But there still will be enough suitors to make him happy.

I tend to agree with you on this. The fact that the Jets may want to

move Abe has been hanging out there for over a year now since the

end of the 2004 season. It should not come as a surprise to any team.

I could see him going to a team that feels they are close and he

may be one of the missing links. Remember if he goes to a winning

team it means that they are usually ahead and the opponent has to

pass to catch up which fits right into his talent.

I would say if the Jets didn't franchise him and let him go as a UFA

he would get more attention than if they franchise him and try to

sign and trade because teams may not want to give up too much.

But there still will be enough suitors to make him happy.

Exactly, just because we want to move him doesn't mean other teams want him less. Part of this of course is being hopeful but the other part is knowing negotiations a little and the Jets still hold an advantage right now.

Did your brother smell the drink, did he taste it, could it have been

non-alcholic?? Look, just kidding. Yes, if he is still drinking its a problem.

But my response to Fat Man was more trying to find out if he was

more hung up on the alchohol problem than his talent?

No, he didn't smell it . But "Martini glasses" usually hold martini's . Then again it could have been a non alcolohic daiquiri, but I doubt it.:cheers:

Archived