4 pm Today

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

We need to release Winters then add a pass rusher. Winters is literally garbage. 

If we wanted Logan and then a pricey Pass rusher like Clowney(Assuming both would come) we have ~18-19M now and likely would have to cut ILB Williamson and probably G Winters to have the $. But if we just get Logan and a cheaper pass rusher like Golden or Griffen we may have enough $ already or maybe could cut one of those guys, not sure which one is more important to keep since we seem to have pretty good depth right now at ILB and G.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Little harsh, no? Sure , he has not lived up to the contract, but he is far from garbage. He has gone out there the past two years, in major pain, pain that most guys wouldn't even try to play with, to help this team. That's leadership, and don't think for a minute that JD, and more importantly, his teammates don;t see it and appreciate it. He is far from being garbage.

The thing that bothers me about his injuries are that he is pulling Mack trucks and doing other dumb stuff in the offseason that aren’t helping his health. Playing hurt earns a lot of respect but playing terribly because of it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Thomas has said he wants to go back to Denver for one more year and retire, but they just drafted a bunch of receivers so who knows?

That would be a good move for them. From all accounts, DT has been an consummate pro his entire career, and would be a tremendous guy for the kids to learn from. I'll never forget how hard he played in that Super Bowl vs Seattle. The 'legion of doom" hammered him that entire game, yet he kept on playing hard, and had a great game. Was one of the few Broncos who never quit.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thomas has said he wants to go back to Denver for one more year and retire, but they just drafted a bunch of receivers so who knows?

Yeah that article someone posted doesn’t make it sound like he has much in the tank. He wants 200 more yards to get to 10,000 and although he wants to go back to Denver, he is still waiting for any team to call. I liked him last year but after reading that, I am not so sure. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

The thing that bothers me about his injuries are that he is pulling Mack trucks and doing other dumb stuff in the offseason that aren’t helping his health. Playing hurt earns a lot of respect but playing terribly because of it doesn't. 

Fair point.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, choon328 said:

After 4 pm today any FA signings do not count in the Comp formula. I expect a bunch of signings around the league after 4. Maybe Ryan for the Jets. 

Btw, I wouldn't expect much immediate action from the Jets. We're already negative in the comp pick department (4 incoming qualifying FAs - McGovern, Fant, GVR, Perriman - and only 3 outgoing) so it wouldn't have been a constraint for us

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

That would be a good move for them. From all accounts, DT has been an consummate pro his entire career, and would be a tremendous guy for the kids to learn from. I'll never forget how hard he played in that Super Bowl vs Seattle. The 'legion of doom" hammered him that entire game, yet he kept on playing hard, and had a great game. Was one of the few Broncos who never quit.

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah that article someone posted doesn’t make it sound like he has much in the tank. He wants 200 more yards to get to 10,000 and although he wants to go back to Denver, he is still waiting for any team to call. I liked him last year but after reading that, I am not so sure. 

Agreed. I forgot where I read it, but he was supposedly also a loud voice in the locker room keeping the team together after 1-6. You’d think he’d find a job pretty quickly somewhere after today

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. I forgot where I read it, but he was supposedly also a loud voice in the locker room keeping the team together after 1-6. You’d think he’d find a job pretty quickly somewhere after today

Yeah all offseason I was hoping we would resign him. I hated him two games in after trading for him, thought the Pats screwed us, then the guy really came on and started making some nice catches. If he is still feeling it, I’d sign him but hopefully he turns into depth because of Perriman and Mims. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Bringing back Thomas would be wise

I have a feeling that once Trumaines $11 million comes off the books June 1st they are going to trade for Alshon Jeffery.  The Eagles can't trade him till June 1st either bc of the cap hit. That seems like the most likely scenario.

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Logan Ryan and a proven pass rusher (Griffen? Clowney?). Do it JD! Once that's done, all this team needs is another WR.

Clowney is most likely going back to Seattle.  They've been clearing money the last couple of days. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

And Griffen or Golden at Edge? and if nothing better out there resign DThomas at WR.

If the Jets add Ryan, Griffen/Golden and Thomas all before the season, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about the state of the roster.  While I'm excited as everyone about the draft picks, we do need a few reliable veterans to bridge the gap...if they're trying to truly compete this season.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Little harsh, no? Sure , he has not lived up to the contract, but he is far from garbage. He has gone out there the past two years, in major pain, pain that most guys wouldn't even try to play with, to help this team. That's leadership, and don't think for a minute that JD, and more importantly, his teammates don;t see it and appreciate it. He is far from being garbage.

That’s selfishness, in my opinion. What you see as leadership, I see as selfishness. 

If I am unable to perform at my absolute best, then I really shouldn’t be out there because ultimately, he HURT the team by being out there with awful play. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Logan Ryan and a proven pass rusher (Griffen? Clowney?). Do it JD! Once that's done, all this team needs is another WR.

Campbell looks the part. Good size speed hands Tracks ball. Sweet over the head catch on video, didn’t break a stride. You can’t teach that. He checks all the boxes. Could be an absolute steal. 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

After 4 pm today any FA signings do not count in the Comp formula. I expect a bunch of signings around the league after 4. Maybe Ryan for the Jets. 

True.  Although I don’t think we will get any comp picks next year right?  The draft after that we should get some with the way JD has structured contracts 

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Signing him means cutting a young WR that could develop and would also play special teams.  I dont think he offers enough to warrant doing that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

That’s selfishness, in my opinion. What you see as leadership, I see as selfishness. 

If I am unable to perform at my absolute best, then I really shouldn’t be out there because ultimately, he HURT the team by being out there with awful play. 

Agreed. What really made that worse was that it was entirely his call; by contract, the coaches were not allowed to look at his play and decide the team would be better off with a backup taking over his spot and Winters on the bench until he healed up. The coaches really wanted to play the backups, because they would have done a better job, but that selfish mf'er wouldn't let them.

You should post more. You have good and well thought out ideas

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

We have Shawn Jefferson as WR coach with Hines Ward helping out.  Both former pros.  Do we also need a player/ coach?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

We have Shawn Jefferson as WR coach with Hines Ward helping out.  Both former pros.  Do we also need a player/ coach?

Quite simply, no we don’t.  If they want to bring him back strictly because of his playing skills, fine, but not to be a playing coach.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Agreed. What really made that worse was that it was entirely his call; by contract, the coaches were not allowed to look at his play and decide the team would be better off with a backup taking over his spot and Winters on the bench until he healed up. The coaches really wanted to play the backups, because they would have done a better job, but that selfish mf'er wouldn't let them.

You should post more. You have good and well thought out ideas

Are you saying that he has a starting clause in his contract?  If so, I have to call bullsh*t on that.  If not, the coaches can start anyone they want and could have Winters on the bench or on the game day inactive list.

• Upvote 1