Jets pick up 5th year option on Adams

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Doing it early helps with the image that he is an important player and the Jets are serious about needing adequate trade value to even consider him being traded. 

Yes.  Look it’s no secret I’m not a a big fan of Adams but I agree he is a important player on the field whether you like him or not.  I don’t know what the future holds for him but I do know Douglas has a set price for him both for a new contract or a trade 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

This is not news it was a given gives the team another year to negotiate and get value before they pay him.   Let's face it next option franchise tag!  That will really set him off for sure.   His twitter account will light up for months!

100% correct 

Just now, Jets723 said:

How is this a bad move?

I'm saying the amount of people on here that want him traded literally makes no sense. This is exactly why players don't come here. Since being drafted he has done everything right on and off the field. Coming off back to back all pro seasons. If that guy can't get a second contract from this team who the hell else is deserving of it? Did we not learn anything from the Revis trade at all? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I'm saying the amount of people on here that want him traded literally makes no sense. This is exactly why players don't come here. Since being drafted he has done everything right on and off the field. Coming off back to back all pro seasons. If that guy can't get a second contract from this team who the hell else is deserving of it? Did we not learn anything from the Revis trade at all? 

Well I agree we shouldn’t force a trade.  I’m fine with trading him but I need a monster return.  Revis was coming off a ACL injury so that’s why we didn’t get better value.  Also Woody basically told everyone he wasn’t paying him which was stupid 

24 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well I agree we shouldn’t force a trade.  I’m fine with trading him but I need a monster return.  Revis was coming off a ACL injury so that’s why we didn’t get better value.  Also Woody basically told everyone he wasn’t paying him which was stupid 

Then he goes on to win a Superbowl with our rivals makes Woody look even more like a buffoon. Then Woody gets desperate over paid him when he had mentally checked out of the game and just wanted a last big pay day. The Jets have been starving for another franchise player ever since we have on and half the fan base wants to trade him. The Jets have the least amount of home grown players in the entire league! Time to build with our guys not trade then away!

2 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Then he goes on to win a Superbowl with our rivals makes Woody look even more like a buffoon. Then Woody gets desperate over paid him when he had mentally checked out of the game and just wanted a last big pay day. The Jets have been starving for another franchise player ever since we have on and half the fan base wants to trade him. The Jets have the least amount of home grown players in the entire league! Time to build with our guys not trade then away!

Well it works both ways too.  If Adams wants a crazy amount of money then you have to think about how it affects others key players that you may have to sacrifice to give into his demands you know?  Either way I trust Douglas based on his philosophy so far

• Upvote 2

Nice!

Let’s get him locked up long term. Core player. Will be a 10 year captain of the defense. Sam will be a 10 year captain of the offense.

My hope for Jamal is that his unique and vital vocal leadership will mature into more a Ray Lewis team motivation.  He’s still a baby and I expect it to move that way once the contract is no longer a concern for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Nice!

Let’s get him locked up long term. Core player. Will be a 10 year captain of the defense. Sam will be a 10 year captain of the offense.

My hope for Jamal is that his unique and vital vocal leadership will mature into more a Ray Lewis team motivation.  He’s still a baby and I expect it to move that way once the contract is no longer a concern for him.

I’m not against resigning him even though I don’t like his antics but I do think he needs to compromise with JD.  What is the maximum money you would give him?

Personally, I think Jamal Adams will be comfortable now knowing that he has some job security at a very, very high salary more than a year from now.  He should sleep well tonight, wake up refreshed tomorrow and start working towards his ultimate goal of leading his team to a championship.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One year at $9 million is a reasonable deal imo

They should def. try the last year option in the NBA.  Would save a lot of teams from losing a player at the exact point he becomes good and then have to pay a FA who specializes in selfishness and garbage rebounds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Jets fans are not the reason players don't come here.  Bad management is.  

The Revis trade actually worked out well.  We got Sheldon Richardson out of the deal.  Revis was well on the downside of his career by then and coming off a significant injury.  It was the right move.  Him winning a title with the Pats doesn't negate that.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

My hope for Jamal is that his unique and vital vocal leadership will mature

Yes.  The same "vital vocal leadership" that pouted when he wasn't traded to Dallas, had 0 players actively campaigning for him during that period, whined passive aggressively about his contract while NYC was on fire, and went half-a$$ed on congratulating the incoming rookies. 

Such leadership.  

• Upvote 3