mrcoops

Jets pick up 5th year option on Adams

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It isn't made up. You must have missed it then but he definitely indicated on Twitter that he wanted to go to Cowboys.  Look, I understand that we don't want to admit that Jamal isn't quite exactly what we want him to be, but he definitely wanted to join those cowboys.  It shouldn't be hard for you to find the tweet.  Since then he's equivocated, but it would be naive and foolish to believe that Jamal is loyal or will be loyal to the Jets.  That's impossible for a classic narcissist like Jamal to feel or to act accordingly.  Whereas Revis was economically all about himself, Jamal is emotionally all about himself.  I'm not sure which is worse, but Adams lovers are setting themselves up for huge disappointment when he throws you all to the curb in a year or two.  

He was ass hurt that JD would listen to trade talks, he thought he was beyond that.  Now I agree that's unreasonable and JD did nothing wrong but I get it.  And then it started rolling and he went on to say if he got traded to the Cowboy he'd be ok with that since he grew up in Dallas, a fan.  Thats not I want to go to the Cowboys. 

Who cares what he said while pissed, right or wrong?  If hes traded he'd like to play for the Cowboys, I'm a fan, whatever, who gives a damn.  It gets people that pissed?  Why does this one incident, which caused no harm to anyone mean?  He was PISSED.   Hes said, after all of this that he wants to stay, wants to win in NY, wants to win with the Jets, wants to be here when it turns around, all after this incident but no one cares or remembers.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Why?  Unless he takes a big fat discount for a long term deal there is zero reason to do so.

I would like us to sign him now so that we can front load some of his cap hit and lessen the impact of his contract in the future. If Darnold plays well, his contract is coming soon (next year or the year after). Getting Jamal extended now separates them a bit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

this is called equivocation. Anyone who trusts this is a fool.  Jamal is all about Jamal first and he will kick the Jets and their fans to the curb in a year or two.  Watch.  

Its a great argument.  Read between the lines, interpret what is he says in that one presser where he was pissed.  When he says the above callout equivocation.  How is it equivocation?  Theres no ambiguous language, he said he wants to stay, you know he doesnt?  And hes a fool who cant be trusted?  With what?  

Guess what, most players are about themselves and money, this isnt a revelation.  You dont like him, I get it, hes abrasive, but I dont care that he is.  His play on the field isnt a problem, hes one of our best players and I dont care that trade talk gets him mad.  I wish we had an entire team that tries on the field like he does.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I have never been pissed at Jamal.  I just see him for what he is.  A very good player that has not yet lived up to the "greatness" everyone, including media, professes, but there have been flashes.  He has blown a lot of plays that never gets mentioned as opposed to his lesser quantity of great plays.  Adams is a completely self-absorbed narcissist that simply must have the world revolve around himself.  For that reason, his vocal  "leadership" potential is dubious at best.  I believe that I neither underrate him nor overrate him.  Is he worth what he will cost ultimately?  Who am I to decide that?  I have no idea, but for the positional value.

And that all it is too me.  Hes a very good player.  Why am I supposed to be annoyed with him if hes not quite as good as some say?  Whats it to me?  He doesnt get overly credited with his play in games.  Other than the Cowboys and Giants games, which he he affected, when?  

Again, its obvious you dont like him and that's fine but the guy can play.  But youre not going to convince me to dislike him because he talks and yers, that pisses some off

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

so many people on here gonna be butthurt after he gets extended . I can’t wait for laughs

The pro-adams set keeps ducking this question and I can imagine why. Maybe you can take a swing at it:

What does a Jamal Adams extension look like? How much does he realistically sign for, and what’s your personal cut-off?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The pro-adams set keeps ducking this question and I can imagine why. Maybe you can take a swing at it:

What does a Jamal Adams extension look like? How much does he realistically sign for, and what’s your personal cut-off?

Whats to duck, whatever JD thinks it should be.

And if he doesnt think the numbers are worth it he'll be traded.

Its not difficult.  Its the same story for every player in the NFL when they reach the end of their deals.  

Please @GaryM or @MindOverMatter, tell me how the F you give this post a downvote.  I'm just curious what is wrong with it.  Should be interesting, there's nothing to dislike 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats to duck, whatever JD thinks it should be.

And if he doesnt think the numbers are worth it he'll be traded.

Its not difficult.  Its the same story for every player in the NFL when they reach the end of their deals.  

How much?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And that all it is too me.  Hes a very good player.  Why am I supposed to be annoyed with him if hes not quite as good as some say?  Whats it to me?  He doesnt get overly credited with his play in games.  Other than the Cowboys and Giants games, which he he affected, when?  

Again, its obvious you dont like him and that's fine but the guy can play

That's B.S.  I believe what I said is a fair and reasonable eval of Jamal Adams.  he is not the superstar that his hype would have us believe, but for a handful of plays.  He's been good and has flashed greatness in moments, but.. and this is a fact not an opinion, he messes up out there a plenty, which everyone in the media ignores.  He's a very good player.  A headache to the fans but very well liked by his teammates.  I'm fine with an extension.  I'm fine if the Jets ultimately decide to move on.  Just because I am not a member of the flock of sheep that adore this guy no matter what he does on the field or says publicly, doesn't mean I don't like him.  He's fine.  A very good and  solid safety that makes some fantastic plays but sometimes makes bad ones.  Off the field, his narcissism is apparent and I'd be leery of trusting this alleged leadership.  Relying on a hope of leadership from a pure narcissist is extremely unwise, because it changes in a moment's notice. Just look at his massive equivocation during the tweet phase reacting to trade-to-Dallas crap.  I don't stress over Adams the way this board always does.  I think I have him pegged correctly unlike so many here.  If he stays, great!  If he goes and we get some real value for him, then I'll go along with that if JD feels it is best for the Jets.  After all, it's the safety position and no matter what anyone says, it is one of the least critical positions on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I trust JD to make a good decision for the team. But I have my expectations of what he would do.

If Jamal gets a 5YR $75M extension, I’ll nod my head and say solid job Joe D.

If he signs him to anything more than a 5YR $85M extension, I’ll question Douglas. If they are not able to come to terms and it gets pushed to next year, that’s fine also.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How much?

Not my job.

I dont care, isnt for me to decide, its not my money

• Thumb Down 1

With the way JD has been talking about him, did someone actually  expect them not to exercise the option?

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

With the way JD has been talking about him, did someone actually  expect them not to exercise the option?

That’s a good point.

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I trust JD to make a good decision for the team. But I have my expectations of what he would do.

If Jamal gets a 5YR $75M extension, I’ll nod my head and say solid job Joe D.

If he signs him to anything more than a 5YR $85M extension, I’ll question Douglas. If they are not able to come to terms and it gets pushed to next year, that’s fine also.

$15 per is market, with the out coming after year three, which would be fine, presuming Jamal starts breaking down as a 27-28 year old. Not too bad. But $17 and up would be troubling, for sure. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's B.S.  I believe what I said is a fair and reasonable eval of Jamal Adams.  he is not the superstar that his hype would have us believe, but for a handful of plays.  He's been good and has flashed greatness in moments, but.. and this is a fact not an opinion, he messes up out there a plenty, which everyone in the media ignores.  He's a very good player.  A headache to the fans but very well liked by his teammates.  I'm fine with an extension.  I'm fine if the Jets ultimately decide to move on.  Just because I am not a member of the flock of sheep that adore this guy no matter what he does on the field or says publicly, doesn't mean I don't like him.  He's fine.  A very good and  solid safety that makes some fantastic plays but sometimes makes bad ones.  Off the field, his narcissism is apparent and I'd be leery of trusting this alleged leadership.  Relying on a hope of leadership from a pure narcissist is extremely unwise, because it changes in a moment's notice. Just look at his massive equivocation during the tweet phase reacting to trade-to-Dallas crap.  I don't stress over Adams the way this board always does.  I think I have him pegged correctly unlike so many here.  If he stays, great!  If he goes and we get some real value for him, then I'll go along with that if JD feels it is best for the Jets.  After all, it's the safety position and no matter what anyone says, it is one of the least critical positions on the field.

Are you kidding.  Be honest.  All youre complaining about is his mouth, being a narcissist, accusing him of lying, getting too much credit and being about himself.  But you dont dislike him or aren't pissed?  

And youre not going to make me feel less about him because you think he gets too much hype, who cares and why? What does that do to who?  But its not about disliking him?  

Its not a flock of sheep adoring anyone.  But I do think you underrate his play and keep bringing up points that dont bother me and I dont think restrict his play.  You think you have him pegged again fine.  You and the few Jets fans who have an issue with a really good you player can keep your fingers crossed that he gets traded.  All the talk in the world isnt going to change my mind, I like the guy and think he can play.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not my job.

I dont care, isnt for me to decide, its not my money

Should Jamal Adams get $17 million per year from the Jets, or less?

Jets are in a no win situation. Adams thinks he's worth in the vicinity of 18-20 million per year. For arguments sake let's say JD locks him up at 6yrs/ 110M. JD would be crushed by everyone for overpaying for a safety. On the other hand if JD tries to lower Jamal's demands his twitter account will explode. I can then envision a situation where he holds out and eventually demands a trade if contract talks stall. If we trade him, everyone but their mother will be bitching about getting rid of a hall of fame talent. Bottomline, I just don't see a good ending here. Choose your poison wisely JD.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

$15 per is market, with the out coming after year three, which would be fine, presuming Jamal starts breaking down as a 27-28 year old. Not too bad. But $17 and up would be troubling, for sure. 

If he resigns I think it ends up being 4 years 64 million (16 per) with like $40mm guaranteed.

If he won't go below 17 million I'd be surprised if he was here long term.

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Jets are in a no win situation. Adams thinks he's worth in the vicinity of 18-20 million per year. For arguments sake let's say JD locks him up at 6yrs/ 110M. JD would be crushed by everyone for overpaying for a safety. On the other hand if JD tries to lower Jamal's demands his twitter account will explode. I can then envision a situation where he holds out and eventually demands a trade if contract talks stall. If we trade him, everyone but their mother will be bitching about getting rid of a hall of fame talent. Bottomline, I just don't see a good ending here. Choose your poison wisely JD.

Good way to sum it up. If Jamal wants a contract significantly higher than what Eddie Jackson got, he’s in for a rude awakening because the Jets simply don’t have to extend him in the first place. They can tag him for two more years at an average of ~$11 mil per. Anything they pay him above that is entirely at their discretion and as a result of their largesse. It also stands to reason that the market for Adams isn’t all that brisk, otherwise there would have been some very rich and very loud trade offers for Jamal’s services this year and last. As it was, the only team to offer anything for him was Dallas, and all that offer was was basically a (projected at the time) low first and Anthony Brown. When Jerry had the 17 pick, they didn’t even consider giving that up for Adams, and they ended up with CeeDee Lamb. Jamal is either going to sign for Eddie Jackson money or Douglas is going to have to trade him at a discount. 

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If he resigns I think it ends up being 4 years 64 million (16 per) with like $40mm guaranteed.

If he won't go below 17 million I'd be surprised if he was here long term.

That’s a lot of money for Jamal because of the guarantee, imo. It’d effectively be $20 mil per for two, depending how it’s structured and where Douglas writes in the ability to cut him if need arises

Hey, I just got out of prison after 3 years for good behavior. Why does everyone hate Jamal Adams?

It’s like Revis and Keyshawn.  We saw their best the season before their holdout/threatened holdout.  Likely the same for Jamal.  

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you kidding.  Be honest.  All youre complaining about is his mouth, being a narcissist, accusing him of lying, getting too much credit and being about himself.  But you dont dislike him or aren't pissed?    NOPE, NOT AT ALL. I DO NOT DISLIKE HIM.  NEVER SAID THAT.  YOU ARE MAKING IT UP OR JUST PLAIN SURMISING.  MY EVALUATION IS BASED ON HIS BEHAVIORS ON AND OFF THE FIELD.  THEY ARE OBJECTIVE.  

And youre not going to make me feel less about him because you think he gets too much hype, who cares and why? What does that do to who?  But its not about disliking him?  

I'M NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU DO OR THINK ANYTHING.  I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WANT OR DON'T WANT.  ADAMS IS FINE.  HE'S A HEADCASE BUT A GOOD PLAYER.  HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "LIKING" HIM.  I POST WHAT I, AND OTHERS, HAVE OBSERVED.

Its not a flock of sheep adoring anyone.  

LOL.  IT'S A HUGE HERD OF SHEEP ADORING HIM.  NO MATTER WHAT, HE'S HOF!!!  BaaaaaaaaaH! Baaaaaah!  

But I do think you underrate his play and keep bringing up points that dont bother me and I dont think restrict his play.  You think you have him pegged again fine.  You and the few Jets fans who have an issue with a really good you player can keep your fingers crossed that he gets traded.  All the talk in the world isnt going to change my mind, I like the guy and think he can play.  

WHEN DID I SAY HE SHOULD BE TRADED?  NEVER.  NOW YOU ARE JUST FABRICATING B.S. TO FURTHER YOUR MIS-ANALYSIS OF MY POSITION ON THE ISSUE.  YOU HAVE 100% MISCAST, EXAGGERATED AND DISTORTED EVERYTHING I WROTE.   IT'S GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE JUST SPOUT OFF WITHOUT EXAMINING CLOSELY WHAT THEY ARE RESPONDING TO.  TAKE ALL YOUR SURMISING AND DISTORTIONS OF MY POST AND RE-EVALUATE.  I'M FINE WITH EXTENDING HIM.  I'M FINE WITH TRADING HIM IF WE GET SIGNIFICANT VALUE.  I HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR KEEPING HIM--- SO AGAIN YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.  IT'S THE FREAKING STRONG SAFETY POSITION, SO IT'S ONE OF THE LEAST IMPORTANT POSITIONS TO BE DEBATING OVER.  

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree. Those big defensive contracts hamstring a team. We can still get a first for him next year.

Im sure Bears fans aren’t too excited with that Mack contract. He’s taking up $27M the next 3 years. They can get out after that.

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Youre really this angry over a player on out team?   I dont know why.  Its fairly simple, Jamal Adams doesnt bother me and you cant convince me otherwise, because yes, you obviously care.  And no all the talk about lies, his view, what he means when he said whatever are subjective.  I'm taking them differently than you are.  One more time, what he says doesnt bother me.  It bothers you.  Read your posts and tell anyone they dont say you dont like him.

People tell me I like to argue?  LOL

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre really this angry over a player on out team?   I dont know why.  Its fairly simple, Jamal Adams doesnt bother me and you cant convince me otherwise, because yes, you obviously care.  And no all the talk about lies, his view, what he means when he said whatever are subjective.  I'm taking them differently than you are.  One more time, what he says doesnt bother me.  It bothers you.  Read your posts and tell anyone they dont say you dont like him.

People tell me I like to argue?  LOL

Not angry... just trying to spell it out for you since you seem to have difficulty correctly understanding my posts. You see things and read things that aren't there.   If there is any anger, it is caused by your deficient reading skills and propensity to distort and exaggerate others' posts, as in this thread.  You are hell bent on your narrative about how I feel and you couldn't be more wrong.  I feel exactly the way I posted.  Adams is fine.  He's not as great as you profess, he makes tons of mistakes and more missed plays than good ones so far, but he got better last season.  He's a very good player.  Facts.  Opinion:  Would love to keep him on the Jets at a fair but not at an extortionist's price and if that's not good enough, then trade him.  That is all.  No anger.. No hate.  Just logic.  You assume way too much about others' posts. Give it a rest.  This "I have to defend Adams even when he is not attacked" agenda is old and stale.  Find someone else to pester with it. 

You apparently subscribe to the  "If you don't love Adams or are critical of him in any way, then you are a hater" way of thinking.  (Which is really an absence of thinking.)

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not angry... just trying to spell it out for you since you seem to have difficulty correctly understanding my posts. You see things and read things that aren't there.   If there is any anger, it is caused by your deficient reading skills and propensity to distort and exaggerate others' posts, as in this thread.  You are hell bent on your narrative about how I feel and you couldn't be more wrong.  I feel exactly the way I posted.  Adams is fine.  He's not as great as you profess, he makes tons of mistakes and more missed plays than good ones so far, but he got better last season.  He's a very good player.  Facts.  Opinion:  Would love to keep him on the Jets at a fair but not at an extortionist's price and if that's not good enough, then trade him.  That is all.  No anger.. No hate.  Just logic.  You assume way too much about others' posts. Give it a rest.  This "I have to defend Adams even when he is not attacked" agenda is old and stale.  Find someone else to pester with it. 

You apparently subscribe to the  "If you don't love Adams or are critical of him in any way, then you are a hater" way of thinking.  (Which is really an absence of thinking.)

Yeah, you’re not angry and Im deficient.  You can’t stop carrying on and on and on here.  But at least you’re not angry.  How many different times can I say I don’t care about all the noise.  He’s a really good player, he makes more plays than not, hustles all the time and you don’t appreciate any of it because he talks.   I’m not going to change my feelings about him, There’s no reason to. And there’s no reason to continue trying to change my opinion.  

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Enough, You sound like a friggen nut

I'll view that as your admission that you completely distorted everything I wrote. And you are the one with "Nut" in you screen name.  At least it has nothing do with the eyes.

9 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Sheldon Richardson for Revis is a good move? On what planet? An average dlineman for a future hall of fame corner back that took away a number #1 receivers is a good move? Absolutely not! Revis should of been resigned. You don't trade away players like that. That's how you end up where we've been since 2011 

C'mon man.  Tampa gave up the 13th pick in the draft for a 1 year rental at $16,000,000.  He just wasn't the same player.  Let him walk for a reason.

Did 1 year with the Pats.  Let him walk for a reason.

Then the Jets big mistake happened.  Woody got involved, and brought Revis back for 2 years.  First year he was meh.  Second year he was awful.  Like with Tebow, bad things happen when know nothing owners get involved in football decisions.

You don't pay players for what they have done in the past.   When weak GM's allow an ignorant owner to do their job, and  get involved and make football decisions, the result is what you've seen from the Jets the last 10 or so years.

Hopefully what ever happens with Adams will be decided by Douglas based on football value, not on a man crush CJ might have for him.

Pay him what he's worth.  IMO $13-15M.  If he demands to be paid like a QB, use the league rules to get the best play from him at his contract price, and or franchise tag, which is $11M for a S

• Upvote 3

Good times. My Google news feed, for some odd reason, sends me stories using the words “Cowboys” and “safety,” so I got this one today, from the official Cowboys site, with their “Mailbag” section. The first question they answer is “Why didn’t the Cowboys draft a safety??” and the second question is, “What do we do with Michael Gallup now??”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-work-left-to-do-on-the-roster

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll view that as your admission that you completely distorted everything I wrote. And you are the one with "Nut" in you screen name.  At least it has nothing do with the eyes.

No shlt, it was a joke

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

100%..you nailed it...it isn't hard to figure out

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My standard 3% of course.. and idk what it looks like I’m not the one concerned about it or throwing out false numbers about it.  We will see when it gets done . 

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

C'mon man.  Tampa gave up the 13th pick in the draft for a 1 year rental at $16,000,000.  He just wasn't the same player.  Let him walk for a reason.

Did 1 year with the Pats.  Let him walk for a reason.

Then the Jets big mistake happened.  Woody got involved, and brought Revis back for 2 years.  First year he was meh.  Second year he was awful.  Like with Tebow, bad things happen when know nothing owners get involved in football decisions.

You don't pay players for what they have done in the past.   When weak GM's allow an ignorant owner to do their job, and  get involved and make football decisions, the result is what you've seen from the Jets the last 10 or so years.

Hopefully what ever happens with Adams will be decided by Douglas based on football value, not on a man crush CJ might have for him.

Pay him what he's worth.  IMO $13-15M.  If he demands to be paid like a QB, use the league rules to get the best play from him at his contract price, and or franchise tag, which is $11M for a S

https://youtu.be/XAslBb8yw14 Did you even watch him play with the Pats? Wasn't the same player? Them replacing him with Talib was literally the difference between them making the afc championship the year before to the superbowl. But yeah let's keep trading away our own home grown players in their prime and resign other people's washed up players. There's people on here who wanted to trade a for Trent Williams 31 year old LT coming off cancer who's also a locker room problem. And pay him $18 million dollars a year, but don't want them to pay Jamal  18 million dollars a year who's in prime and does everything right. I will never be on board with this level of stupidity! 

• Haha 1