JetBlue

No Excuses - Darnold needs to STEP IT UP!

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agree completely with the sentiment. No more excuses, and for the love of god can we please stop talking about his age as if he's a delicate flower? This will be his third year in the league. Anyone who says "he's only 23 years old" should be tarred and feathered.

Why? You act as if 2 seasons in college and 2 seasons in the NFL for a 22 yr old makes you a seasoned vet. It doesn't. So it matters. Darnold is still very much a young QB who has a lot to learn. 

This idea that he should be a top 10 QB after this season because "NO EXCUSES" or he's a bust and the Jets need to move on is absolutely ludicrous. 

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Show me where anyone said he's a bust and the jets need to move on?

This is his third season. He's now a veteran player. Stop treating him like a delicate flower. 

I'm not treating him like a 'delicate flower'. Do I need to repeat what I just wrote? All I'm saying is that he is a 22yr old QB going into his third season with 26 total NFL games under his belt. That's not exactly a 'veteran' player. When you say a player has 'no excuses' it suggests that if he doesn't drastically improve his game he should be outta here. Right? 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company