JetBlue

No Excuses - Darnold needs to STEP IT UP!

2 small things.

one) Bells production has nothing to do with "how Gase uses him" if we ran more last year we would have punted even more than we did.

people kept it up with "Gase isnt using him properly. utter nonsense.

the OL was bad and Bell is slow. he's just slow. doesnt mean he cant be effective. he's sort of a shifty power back who catches the ball well. we threw the ball to him plenty.

its about the OL. and then Bells should be at least ok. Am hoping like 4.5 ypc.

two) Perriman is 1st rnd bust who is less prodcutive than RA. "more talented" i"more complete" is hogwash. 1/2 as productive is what he is. 

we'd be better off Chowda, Mims and RA. with chowda getting the least targets. 

(and i think Perriman is ok as a 3rd wr. ok)

and i pretty much agree on what you said about Mims being as good as Toon. Im a believer.. 

otherwise, yes. 

sam needs step it the **** up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

So tell me how you really feel?  Lol If you can't see that Perriman runs a better route tree, does a better job on 50-50 balls, better after contact, then no point in debating it.   Bell was absolutely not utilized enough by Gase; especially from a game situation stand point.  Al least we agree he should do better with this improved OL, assuming he gets the carries.   I will also consider him being rather rusty after being off a year and then not getting many reps in preseason and that might have effected his utilization.   

Anderson is gone so that ship has sailed.  It will be Mims, Perriman and Chowder as our 3 receiver set, barring injuries or other surprises.    If Perriman can stay healthy you will change your tune about him.   BTW Anderson is was basically a number 3 receiver himself, thrust in the role of # 2.   

your love of the Perriman signing is comical.  1/2 as productive. Am fine with him as the 3.

Bell was underused?  riiiiiiiiight. We needed more 0 yard runs. and 1 yd catches.

Anderson being a 2/3 is what I have been saying all along. 

31 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Not sure how Perriman will turn out, like you said potential is there. The over valuing of Robby Anderson during his time with the jets was also some serious homerism. 

nah. its just that he caught heat for not being what we lacked, whcih was a true #1 type physical. i valued him for what he WAS.

did he have limitations? of course. but he's a legut 2/3 deep ball threat with mad speed that has missed 1 game in 4 yrs., 

and was the biggest WR weapon we had for 4 yrs. Not his fault that we didnt have a better weapon. RA didnt cockblock the GM.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agree completely with the sentiment. No more excuses, and for the love of god can we please stop talking about his age as if he's a delicate flower? This will be his third year in the league. Anyone who says "he's only 23 years old" should be tarred and feathered.

been calling out the infantalism of BabySam for a while now..      it's the weakest of sauces....

maybe we should have a poll for the pusnishment... 

a) tar and feather

b) keelhauling

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fwiw he was the 27th ranked QB (qualified) for QB rating in 2019 with an 84.3. Sandwiched right between Winston and Trubisky.

Sam Darnold has been OK. He's flashed moments of brilliance. He's also done a lot of dumb ish.

He needs to play better, simple as that.

especially we can;t be out of playoff contention  by week 8 or 9... 

as we have the last 2 years by Sam stringing together BAD games.  

2018 Minny/Bears/Phins he was godawful.

2019 Pats/Jags/Phins he was godawful.

Gardner Napoleon Dyanamites Brother Minshew has flashed moments of brilliance too.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You forgot to say he was only 22 years old.

Nico's Sam Darnold signature model fleshlight now has a voided warantee- you have to say " You're only 22, right?" when you use it,

1 minute ago, DonCorleone said:

ust keep in mind that when Darnold had time, he was still worried about his blind side and a pressure that wasn't there because he did NOT trust the line. Either would I.  Therefore, Darnold rushed the throw on many occasions when he did not have to. 

there's a word for that...     maybe thats why JD had to talk wif his mommy and daddy

• Confused 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company