No Excuses - Darnold needs to STEP IT UP!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Should I go with what the QB has actually done or should I go with what that QB could do surrounded by a better team? Apples to apples and all. 

However you like, give me 10 QBs that you’d rather have on the Jets than Darnold.

22 hours ago, nico002 said:

However you like, give me 10 QBs that you’d rather have on the Jets than Darnold.

It's far from perfect, but Gregg Rosenthal provided a "QB Value rankings" list.  Basically using a QB's age, ability, and contract to determine which QB's would gain the most in a trade. 

Even I think Darnold was too low (# 17) but its not bad:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108258/article/nfl-qb-value-rankings-who-do-you-want-most-at-current-cost

Of the 16 names he listed above Darnold, I'd take these over Darnold:

• Pat Mahomes
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Russell Wilson
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Carson Wentz
  • Kyler Murray
  • Dak Prescott
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Drew Brees

So that's 9.  Thus I would say Darnold is the # 10 most valuable QB in the league.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It's far from perfect, but Gregg Rosenthal provided a "QB Value rankings" list.  Basically using a QB's age, ability, and contract to determine which QB's would gain the most in a trade. 

Even I think Darnold was too low (# 17) but its not bad:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108258/article/nfl-qb-value-rankings-who-do-you-want-most-at-current-cost

• Pat Mahomes
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Russell Wilson
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Carson Wentz
  • Kyler Murray
  • Dak Prescott
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Drew Brees

So that's 9.  Thus I would say Darnold is the # 10 most valuable QB in the league.  

You forgot to include the guy they had at #10 on their list. ?

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Pat Mahomes
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Russell Wilson
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Carson Wentz
  • Kyler Murray
  • Dak Prescott
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Drew Brees

Would you agree that Dak, Brees, and Murray are highly questionable choices that really could go either way?

Excuses?  JFC.  

The reason Sam Darnold hasn't 'been better is because he had  mono, an atrocious O-line, few quality receivers and a head coach who has never done a thing without a HOF QB carrying him.  

Reasons and excuses are not the same thing.

• Post of the Week 3

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Would you agree that Dak, Brees, and Murray are highly questionable choices that really could go either way?

Nope.  Because Darnold would be a highly questionable straight up trade for those organizations that could go either way too.  Brees, even in his old age, can still make deep playoff runs.  Dak is a top 10 QB.  Murray was a # 1 overall pick and had an impressive rookie year; he has 4 years left on his rookie deal.  

You have zero ability to see the non-Darnold side of any equation.  

• Upvote 1