If the JETS had the very first pick

Thinker

But we wouldnt draft a DE at # 11, IMO (unless, possibly, Shawne Merriman were available). And no, whoever we draft at DE to replace him (if we so choose to do so) may never be as good as him, but he could also be: 1) much cheaper, 2) not injury prone, and 3) not as one-dimensional as Abraham.

I understand the reasons for trading Abraham but I wouldn't do it unless I get equal value.

John Abraham is one of the top 3 best players on the entire Jets team.

Do I really want to give up one of our best players?

NO

I understand the reasons for trading Abraham but I wouldn't do it unless I get equal value.

John Abraham is one of the top 3 best players on the entire Jets team.

Do I really want to give up one of our best players?

NO

John Abraham may be our best player. But when he is only on the field 10-11 games a year, and isnt on the field in the playoffs, what the hell is the point of keeping him? If we get the 11th pick in the draft for him, we take it and run.

John Abraham may be our best player. But when he is only on the field 10-11 games a year, and isnt on the field in the playoffs, what the hell is the point of keeping him? If we get the 11th pick in the draft for him, we take it and run.

Damn 80, you sound just like an intelligent Pats fan. :shock:

RE: #1 overall

years from now the guys you are looking at as #1 overall ... guys that are possible perennial pro bowlers -

IMO the short list

Shawne Merriman

Mike Williams

no derrick johnson love bit? :o:lol:

Abe is worth a top 10 pick especially in this years fairly weak 1st rd IMO. anything less than a top 10 pick needs to have another pick involved. the draft is a crapshoot, Abraham while often injured is a proven commodity. a top pick (or 11) would be necessary.

Just to get the picture of what you think we need.

If the JETS had the very first pick who would you pick?

first of all.. if the Jets had the first pick, people would be jumping off bridges here, and TX would be gloating :lol:

But, if they were in the same position as they are now, and could not trade down... hell, that Mike Williams cat looks pretty good, don't he? Another USC WR at number one? Why not?

If I could trade down? The price wouldn't be that steep, as I'd still like some cap space. A two this year, a one this year, and a one next year... that's fairly cheap, yeah? And, that would allow me to trade Abraham (who, from the sound of things, doesn't wanna be here) for future considerations. Yeah, you won't get an immediate pay back, but what can you do? Or, I could trade that number one overall to the Vikings for their two number ones, thus allowing me to have flexibility later to trade their second first rounder for other picks. It's almost a Pandora's box.

Trade the #1, John Abraham for Dallas' #11, #20 and Greg Ellis.

#11 - DE / LB Shawne Merriman

#20 - OT Alex Barron

CB - Derrick Strait / Jerry Azumah / Donnie Abraham, one of the 3....so quit worrying about it!!

Also:

2nd round - S Brodney Pool, Oklahoma

3rd round - DT Ronnie Fields, Ole Miss

4th round - WR Larry Brackins, Pearl River (Junior College)

Abe is worth a top 10 pick especially in this years fairly weak 1st rd IMO. anything less than a top 10 pick needs to have another pick involved. the draft is a crapshoot, Abraham while often injured is a proven commodity. a top pick (or 11) would be necessary.

barton, that is such a piece of crap.

Abe is NOT worth a top 10 pick.

The guy is injured as much as PennyBoy and no team will give a top 10 pick for a guy who sits in the whirlpool instead of playing on the field.

BTW, I'll bet Askew would be a better FB than Sowell. :shock:

Sowell is not a fullback. Recepetions by the fullback is the biggest piece of crap stat ever. Sowell is a psedo-TE who doesn't block particularly well.

And like I said, John Abe will not net you more that one first, MAYBE a future second, and IMO, that's good enough.

Sowell is not a fullback. Recepetions by the fullback is the biggest piece of crap stat ever. Sowell is a psedo-TE who doesn't block particularly well.

quote]

FINALLY, somebody else agrees with me. Sowell is a SYSTEM fullback, he gets more opportunities to catch the pass than any other FB in the league. Askew is a dangerous reciever, he can catch it, run, juke, run over on his way to the endzone. Sowell is a nice fallback opition but he'll never break a run or catch more than 20 yards. Askew can, and given the chance I think you will see that.

TX, if Abraham was in the draft would he not be a top 10 pick? he's worth a top 10 pick at least.

If the jets had the very first pick, I would trade down for 2 first round draft picks and a player... There is noone in the draft that we REALLLY need for a number 1... Its just a waist of cap... If we were a team rebuilding that would be different.

barton, that is such a piece of crap.

Abe is NOT worth a top 10 pick.

The guy is injured as much as PennyBoy and no team will give a top 10 pick for a guy who sits in the whirlpool instead of playing on the field.

BTW, I'll bet Askew would be a better FB than Sowell. :shock:

Tx, you know better. Abraham is worth whatever other teams are willing to pay for him. If that's only one first round pick, then it's one. If it's two, it's two. If it's a top ten pick, then it's a top ten pick. It's all about supply and demand.

Archived